Why is an un-auged green level 3-10 set better than an un-auged full Conq set?

MidichIorian

Does this make any sense? I'm fine with a certain degree of bolster but the current system is doing nothing but confusing people. In basically every warzones there's atleast one person who could have improved his/her stats, while working on Obroan, by spending 5K on a full low level green set on GTN instead of using high tier PvE gear or un-auged Partisan/Conq.

Full Conq, no augs.

Mix between Conq and PvE gear.

Low level greens, all the armor pieces are < lvl 10, saber is lvl 11, relics are level 19. Highest item is a lvl 41 implant, it was the cheapest I could find. (if putting augs on this set would add flat stats it would almost be on par with auged obroan).

If this is what the system is supposed to be like then wouldnt it be conducive to let people, people who arent visiting the forums and theirycrafting threads, know what's up so they don't have to screw themselves over while working on gear? Add a tooltip or some info to the map loading screen.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the system make possible that if u are lazy and never go any gear beyond lv 10 you can pvp and dont get melted and can have a chance inside a wz again full conq people...that is the lower tier now of gear...

once u aug ur conq. will be better, or obroan also... so use ur lv 10 green until u get obroan :rak_03:

the system make possible that if u are lazy and never go any gear beyond lv 10 you can pvp and dont get melted and can have a chance inside a wz again full conq people...that is the lower tier now of gear...

once u aug ur conq. will be better, or obroan also... so use ur lv 10 green until u get obroan :rak_03:

You don't think the mentality that someone should be able to level from 10-55 without ever fiddling with the gear a bit lazy? Is it too much to ask that the player actually puts in some effort? It's a MMO, not a FPS.

But that's not really the issue here, the issue is that people assume that higher level gear will be better, and it makes sense that it should be, but then it turns out that they could have saved their time/credits/comms and used low level green gear instead. It's completely backwards.

You don't think the mentality that someone should be able to level from 10-55 without ever fiddling with the gear a bit lazy? Is it too much to ask that the player actually puts in some effort? It's a MMO, not a FPS.

But that's not really the issue here, the issue is that people assume that higher level gear will be better, and it makes sense that it should be, but then it turns out that they could have saved their time/credits/comms and used low level green gear instead. It's completely backwards.

As long as Endgame gear will always be better it doesn't matter. You only have issues if lowbie gear exceeds the performance of endgame gear. Which it doesn't unless perhaps you using stock unaugmented conq gear, which nobody really uses anyway.

As long as Endgame gear will always be better it doesn't matter. You only have issues if lowbie gear exceeds the performance of endgame gear. Which it doesn't unless perhaps you using stock unaugmented conq gear, which nobody really uses anyway.
I havent had a chance to test it yet but if augs on low level greens or on custom gear with low level green mods add flat stats from the augment then it is indeed better than auged Conq and dangerously close to auged Obroan stats. Edited by MidichIorian

I havent had a chance to test it yet but if augs on low level greens or on custom gear with low level green mods add flat stats from the augment then it is indeed better than auged Conq and dangerously close to auged Obroan stats.

DId you add to this stims? This could be fun.

I think that this rather a bug in our great Lolster. Tho this should be fixed.

Edited by MasterBLASTERpl

First -- I agree with you. I think bolster goes too far.

That said, it's hard for me to analyze this completely because the three SS are not the same character or even class. But ...I can say this much...

I have a 55 Sage in full Conq w/ augs except for Matrix Cube as one of my relics and I have Obroan MH & OH. Grant you that mine is DPS (Balance) spec, so I have zero Alacrity -- but buffed and using stim (which it appears you are) in WZ, I have >100 more bonus damage, greater Acc, Crit and Surge, and > 2,500 more HPs.

Devil's advocate in me says: Why would you have full Conq w/ no augs? Augs only cost money -- spend 1-2 hours every day running dailies and FPs through queue and buy them. By now everyone should know that full augs is worth more (in terms of damage especially) than just about any other thing you can do.

You are missing about 200 bonus damage with the greens... just saying.
Compared to auged Obroan (I have around 1450 on mine), yes, but assuming augs on greens will add flat stats I'll be able to bridge some of that gap (an additional 14 x 32 mainstat or power). Un-auged Conq set doesnt have 1250 bonus damage and the stock set has even less.

My next mission is to put low green mods in an auged custom set. I'll get back to you on that.

And again, the reason i brought this up is because people in general are clueless. I had one VS earlier in which four team mates had 25K HP or less. Those players could have significally boosted their stats if they had simply used greens. (should be noted that I'm not complaining about their viability in crap gear here, some people pull it off)

Also, and this is both good and bad, there seems to be an influx of returning players because I've seen a ton of people in champion and whatnot lately. They roll in with horrible stats and 800 expertise. That problem could have been fixed if BW had added some message to the launcher or loading screens.

Edited by MidichIorian

Well, now I'm confused...:p

so unless I have fully aug'd optimized conqueror stuff I should stick with low level green stuff ? I thought bolster kinda worked slot by slot, in a manner that aquiring a piece of pvp gear (conqueror in this case) and actually wearing it would mean a small difference in your favor. This all or nothing doesn't make much sense..... oh well.....

the answer is pretty easy actually;

there is a maximum gear gap that bioware is willing to tolerate, this is going to be the difference between bolstered random questing greens and fully min maxed, augmented obroan.

It just so happens that the maximum tolerable gear gap is pretty close to the gap between unaugmented obroan and augmented obroan, so in consequence all unaugmented gear has to be extremly close together stats wise to not let the maximum gear gap get too large.

Edited by sanchito

Removing Expertise on every piece of gear that totals up less than 2018 would be a way to help idiot proof the game. They did it with War Hero, now just do it with Battlemaster, Champion and Centurion. Having "partial" expertise seems to mess the bolster equation up. Plus it's just really counter-intuitive! Since these screenshots don't compare apples to apples I can't really get super excited. They do raise questions tho.

Devil's advocate in me says: Why would you have full Conq w/ no augs? Augs only cost money -- spend 1-2 hours every day running dailies and FPs through queue and buy them. By now everyone should know that full augs is worth more (in terms of damage especially) than just about any other thing you can do.

Wow, "only" cost money :)

Average cost of the kit is ~75k so 75k x 14 = 1'050k, installing them 36k x 14 = 504k , augs - ~85k, so 85k x 14 = 1190 k, ripping mods off - ~30k so 30k x 9 = 270k. Summing up: 1'050k + 504k + 1190k + 270k = 3'014k aka 3'014'000 creds. Yea - it only cost money :p

Augments have nothing to do with bolster; any stats gained from Augments are added onto the whatever you get from Bolster.
If this is true, and I believe it is but I wasnt 100 % so I excluded it from my original post, I'd be sitting on +3K mainstat and 31K HP with full expertise on my green GTN set. That is better than augmented Conq and on par with a non-min/maxed Obroan in terms of bonus damage.

So what's the point of PvP gear?

Edited by MidichIorian

If this is true, and I believe it is but I wasnt 100 % so I excluded it from my original post, I'd be sitting on +3K mainstat and 31K HP with full expertise on my green GTN set. That is better than augmented Conq and on par with a non-min/maxed Obroan in terms of bonus damage.

Shinies

Perceived carrot on a stick.

On the green pieces pic you're showing the bonus damage, what's the bonus damage (Force) for the other sets?
I just took a couple of quick screenies before the games started so I didnt bother that much with showing the proper stats. As a general rule they all had lower force bonus damage, I believe the mixed gear sage in the sceenshot was somewhere in the 1150 range.

I inspected a lot of people but I didnt take that many screenshots. You can check it yourselves in games with people in the 28K HP or lower range.

Edited by MidichIorian

So wait. Am I only seeing a lower armor rating on the lowbie gear? Would be curious to see how that changed with specific levels of greens and if there is a cut-off point and if that will affect the armor rating.

weapon-dmg and armor rating are bolstered to max pve values regardless if it is lvl1 or obroan equip.

Does this make any sense? I'm fine with a certain degree of bolster but the current system is doing nothing but confusing people. In basically every warzones there's atleast one person who could have improved his/her stats, while working on Obroan, by spending 5K on a full low level green set on GTN instead of using high tier PvE gear or un-auged Partisan/Conq.

Full Conq, no augs.

Mix between Conq and PvE gear.

Low level greens, all the armor pieces are < lvl 10, saber is lvl 11, relics are level 19. Highest item is a lvl 41 implant, it was the cheapest I could find. (if putting augs on this set would add flat stats it would almost be on par with auged obroan).

If this is what the system is supposed to be like then wouldnt it be conducive to let people, people who arent visiting the forums and theirycrafting threads, know what's up so they don't have to screw themselves over while working on gear? Add a tooltip or some info to the map loading screen.

EDIT: woops misread title

Edited by JP_Legatus

My issue is that you are getting full expertise with pve gear. I mostly don't have an issue with bolster but I also feel that pve gear should never be bolstered to full expertise.

Then the casuals would never play pvp, queues would be longer and pvp less important.

I like no gear advantage, but the other side it's not fair with people farming the top gear.

Then the casuals would never play pvp, queues would be longer and pvp less important.

I like no gear advantage, but the other side it's not fair with people farming the top gear.

That is a misconception and also the reason to why multiplayer, across all platforms and genres, has been dumbed down the past decade.

Based on queue pops there's nothing that indicates that people are playing more now. If anything it's quite the opposite because instead of playing ten games, for the sake of earning gear, people can now stop after 3-6, the amount of games it takes to finish the dailies.

The same goes for franchises that gave up on their skill level systems. Yes, the casuals complained about skill level elitism but they still played the game and they were too stupid to realize that without the skill levels there'd be no way of separating them from the much more skilled players. Halo 4 is a good example of this and a total failure compared to its' predecessors. Why do you people think COD comes out with a new game every 6 months? The answer, because the games are so dumbed down and simple that even the worst of players can progress. Once you hit max you better hope that the game is good enough to hold it's own without carrots....and few games are.