Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thoughts on Dread Palace op


Lord_Noch's Avatar


Lord_Noch
10.24.2013 , 10:10 PM | #11
I have no need for underworld gear, I'm in 72's already, and the tier bonus for shadows and assassins is almost as useless as **** on a bull, certainly not worth the hassle in obtaining.

And I could do without a 78 mainhand, if the armoring in the focii that shadows and assassins use as offhand weapons could be replaced with a hilt instead. Then I could buy a willpower based Oriconian focus on my sentinel, remove it, insert it into a Gree single-bladed lightsaber, mail it, then remove it from the single-bladed lightsaber and insert in a double-bladed.

Bowenator's Avatar


Bowenator
10.24.2013 , 10:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Noch View Post
I have no need for underworld gear, I'm in 72's already, and the tier bonus for shadows and assassins is almost as useless as **** on a bull, certainly not worth the hassle in obtaining.
So you're doing an op that drops gear you don't need and complaining about the drops? People don't walk into Eternity Vault at 55 and complain it drops 63s. Learn the fights in SM and then go to HM. Or go directly to HM, most of them aren't that difficult. If you're in full 72s, you have the gear.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

SDconqueror's Avatar


SDconqueror
10.25.2013 , 02:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
While I agree in principle you will have to run the Operation 8x to get all your mains the main hand (~ 2 months, assuming your not alt-running) The drops in these operations have been discussed to death but the fact there are 10 bosses and 12 slots with only one boss who drops implants is a problem (and no I don't want the endurance heavy one you can buy with ult comms)

On topic, the dread council is a little overtuned for SM as the likelyhood a PUG group (who are usually not on voice chat) getting through this is slim. Also for the first couple of weeks the 8 man SM bosses had mechanics harder than the 8 man HM bosses (as usual the 16m versions are a joke as half the raid can ignore the mechanics completely)
Are you saying that DP and DF hard mode is easier in 16m than 8man? how so?

Justcae's Avatar


Justcae
10.25.2013 , 04:32 AM | #14
1. SM Operations are assuming you have FP gear. If you have more than that you should be doing the HM's. Not SM.

2. SM operations are already laughably easy if you outgear them. My guild did the 8m SM the week before for the legacy unlock and see the differences (you basically can walk through the content in 72+). This week we 8m'd the 16m SM version with equal ease. These OP's do not need to be nerfed at all.

3. You absolutely should not get a 75/78 ANYTHING from the SM ops.

4. The 8m vs 16m comment refers to the fact that all the mechanics are designed around 8 players. There's no need for more than 8 players for any mechanic.

Tldr; SM is already too easy, no you shouldn't get better gear than it drops. If you have 72's go to HM instead.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
10.25.2013 , 11:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post
1. SM Operations are assuming you have FP gear. If you have more than that you should be doing the HM's. Not SM.

2. SM operations are already laughably easy if you outgear them. My guild did the 8m SM the week before for the legacy unlock and see the differences (you basically can walk through the content in 72+). This week we 8m'd the 16m SM version with equal ease. These OP's do not need to be nerfed at all.

3. You absolutely should not get a 75/78 ANYTHING from the SM ops.

4. The 8m vs 16m comment refers to the fact that all the mechanics are designed around 8 players. There's no need for more than 8 players for any mechanic.

Tldr; SM is already too easy, no you shouldn't get better gear than it drops. If you have 72's go to HM instead.
1. up until last 2 bosses - these ops DROP flashpoint equivalent gear, and while fights are not significantly harder than story mode S&V or TfB, they are somewhat more challenging, especially certainly bosses (Draxxus, even postfix, can still be a challenge because of the coordination it requires), to require to run it in 69 gear, which makes drops from everything but last boss... just a bit pointless.
2. I have a feeling your claims are exaggerated, but on a slim chance they aren't - you cannot possibly compare guild runs to pugs, not to mention - not all guilds are so super amazing as you claim yours is. experience you describe is NOT a typical experience, especially not while you are still learning the fights.
3. that's merely your opinion. although I do think 75/78 shouldn't drop in story, but as hardmode of new ops drops 78 gear, and you are supposed to start them in 69 gear, its NOT unreasonable to expect 72 gear to drop from ALL bosses, not just 2 last ones.
4. except on 16 man - things hit harder and have more health, and often you get double the adds to deal with, so yes, you DO need 16 man, unless you are super duper incredibly awesome and if you are, kudos, but majority of people? aren't. and the game shouldn't cater to small minority when it comes at the cost of not being able to clear content for majority.

now. my guild is currently progressing through hardmode and I certainly wouldn't want that nerfed, however, story mode with its weekly com quest should be IMO more accessible to more people.

g_land's Avatar


g_land
10.25.2013 , 12:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Noch View Post
And I could do without a 78 mainhand, if the armoring in the focii that shadows and assassins use as offhand weapons could be replaced with a hilt instead. Then I could buy a willpower based Oriconian focus on my sentinel, remove it, insert it into a Gree single-bladed lightsaber, mail it, then remove it from the single-bladed lightsaber and insert in a double-bladed.
Offhands are bound to offhand and mainhands bound to mainhands so no that wouldnt work. The point of the story mode ops is that they are accesible to everyone at a lower gear level. if you want better gear stop running the op meant for casual raiders and expecting it to give rewards for hardcore/casual progression raiders.
Goldeneyes - Guardian Tank
Owyn - Sage DPS
Guildmaster - Exiles of the Jedi
Guild Moto: Dirian, "A dirty kill is better than a clean wipe"

Justcae's Avatar


Justcae
10.25.2013 , 04:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
1. up until last 2 bosses - these ops DROP flashpoint equivalent gear, and while fights are not significantly harder than story mode S&V or TfB, they are somewhat more challenging, especially certainly bosses (Draxxus, even postfix, can still be a challenge because of the coordination it requires), to require to run it in 69 gear, which makes drops from everything but last boss... just a bit pointless.
Because they don't actually require 69's. And Set Bonus Gear > Non-Set Bonus Gear am I right? SM Draxxus requires how much coordination again? You four left, you four right. Profit. The last two bosses drop 72 gear, but who is counting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
2. I have a feeling your claims are exaggerated, but on a slim chance they aren't - you cannot possibly compare guild runs to pugs, not to mention - not all guilds are so super amazing as you claim yours is. experience you describe is NOT a typical experience, especially not while you are still learning the fights.
Zero exaggeration. And though I do not expect PUG runs to do the same (ie: Run 16m with 8m) I will assume that with 8 extra people split between any combination of DPS/Heals/Tank that you are atleast 50% competent. SM takes your hand and highlights the mechanics with fancy little circles and highlights even. And it should. I was actually wondering how they expected Calphayus to be accomplished w/o voice chat. Which is one of my questions I had previous to running the SM versions of the fights.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
3. that's merely your opinion. although I do think 75/78 shouldn't drop in story, but as hardmode of new ops drops 78 gear, and you are supposed to start them in 69 gear, its NOT unreasonable to expect 72 gear to drop from ALL bosses, not just 2 last ones.
Then I'd expect the ops to be on a difficulty on par to those that already drop 72 gear. But that's just me. The fact you can buy 72 gear by elite comms now means that gear is easily accessible to those who only do FP's Have the bosses drop random 72's w/o set bonus. My original statement still stands. 75/78 gear should not drop from a SM op anywhere in current progression. Ever. The fact that 16M SM drops ultimate comms is pushing the BS meter to amazing levels.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
4. except on 16 man - things hit harder and have more health, and often you get double the adds to deal with, so yes, you DO need 16 man, unless you are super duper incredibly awesome and if you are, kudos, but majority of people? aren't. and the game shouldn't cater to small minority when it comes at the cost of not being able to clear content for majority.
Except the majority of the fights you DO NOT. 16m SM does hit a little harder than 8m SM, but not anywhere close to even 8m HM. The fights use by and large the EXACT same mechanics, and the same number of adds. You only need 8m to accomplish any of the 16m mechanics. Your other members make that increase in health/damage a moot point.

And for the record you don't have to be "Super duper good" to accomplish doing 16M SM with 8M. It won't even challenge a group that has 8m HM down. It's that easy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
now. my guild is currently progressing through hardmode and I certainly wouldn't want that nerfed, however, story mode with its weekly com quest should be IMO more accessible to more people.
It is. There is ZERO nerf needed for SM currently. If it was any easier I'd expect that they'd have to add a mechanic that involved you doing an automatic 2500+ DPS/HPS by just running into a wall.

Lord_Noch's Avatar


Lord_Noch
10.26.2013 , 11:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowenator View Post
So you're doing an op that drops gear you don't need and complaining about the drops? People don't walk into Eternity Vault at 55 and complain it drops 63s. Learn the fights in SM and then go to HM. Or go directly to HM, most of them aren't that difficult. If you're in full 72s, you have the gear.
Actually, I was not complaining about the drops. Iím running these mostly for ultimate commendations. If I was complaining about anything, I was complaining about the lack of fortitude of the other 7 to 15 players who give up after 1 to 3 wipes. I would like to finish the damned quest, not for the drops, but just to complete it in my quest log. And I am not stating that the boss in SM is too challenging because I feel it would be too challenging for myself, I am saying that because it seems to be for other people who are so willing to throw in the towel. I enjoy a good challenge. Not that this is that colossal an achievement, but I have soloed the Alderaan and Makeb GSI heroic 2ís, as well as the Black Hole heroic 4 (which is only level 50, but itís a heroic 4), and at least the black hole I could have asked for help but I did not because I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could solo the final boss since he has a quarter million HP and a ranged AOE, and I accomplished this on a DPS shadow with Nadia (not a healing companion). And yes, I do plan to move onto HM eventually, but I would like to get used to the SM mechanics before I attempt HM.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
to require to run it in 69 gear, which makes drops from everything but last boss... just a bit pointless. although I do think 75/78 shouldn't drop in story, but as hardmode of new ops drops 78 gear, and you are supposed to start them in 69 gear, its NOT unreasonable to expect 72 gear to drop from ALL bosses, not just 2 last ones.
Indeed. 72ís are not unreasonable for these ops in SM, since virtually everyone raiding it will already be in AT LEAST 69ís.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
my guild is currently progressing through hardmode and I certainly wouldn't want that nerfed, however, story mode with its weekly com quest should be IMO more accessible to more people.
Exactly. HM does not need to be nerfed. And 9 out of the 10 bosses in SM are either fine just the way they are or are slightly too easy. Itís only that one boss fight that is excessively difficult for SM. And I am only saying that because other people (not me) are so quick to throw in the towel after 1, 2, or 3 wipes. I would be willing to pursue the final boss as-is if others were willing to, but most are not. I cannot solo the final boss. And what I am annoyed with is the fact other players do not see the incentive to continue past the weekly since they feel the final boss is too difficult for them and not worth their time, and as a result, Iíve still not been able to complete the quest.
Quote: Originally Posted by g_land View Post
Offhands are bound to offhand and mainhands bound to mainhands so no that wouldnt work. The point of the story mode ops is that they are accesible to everyone at a lower gear level. if you want better gear stop running the op meant for casual raiders and expecting it to give rewards for hardcore/casual progression raiders.
Actually, while Iíve not personally tested it, I can see how Jedi knights and Sith warriors can get a mainhand hilt. They buy an offhand on a sentinel or marauder. They need to, while they have a mainhand equipped, transfer the hilt into a Gree bind on legacy single bladed saber, then mail said saber to another character. The weapon will then be either main OR off hand. As I stated, Iíve not personally tested this with 78ís, but I did accidentally discover this with 72ís.

AAAAzrael's Avatar


AAAAzrael
10.27.2013 , 12:07 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Noch View Post
Actually, while Iíve not personally tested it, I can see how Jedi knights and Sith warriors can get a mainhand hilt. They buy an offhand on a sentinel or marauder. They need to, while they have a mainhand equipped, transfer the hilt into a Gree bind on legacy single bladed saber, then mail said saber to another character. The weapon will then be either main OR off hand. As I stated, Iíve not personally tested this with 78ís, but I did accidentally discover this with 72ís.
It doesn't work. Weapon becomes off-hand only.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
10.27.2013 , 01:26 PM | #20
Buff Story Mode Tyrans and Raptus, but leave Story Mode Bestia, Calphayus and Dread Council as is.

P.S: HM Raptus hits like a one man army, do not buff HARD MODE Raptus.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption