Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on Dread Palace op

Lord_Noch
10.23.2013 , 11:40 PM | #1
I would like to get others' thoughts on this as well.

I am suggesting balancing out Story Mode Dread Palace. Buffing two boss fights and nerfing one.

Tyrans (fight 2) and Raptus (fight 4) I feel could be increased in difficulty by 10% - 15%. It really seems bizarre that the second and fourth bosses are significantly easier than the first boss, almost to the point of being very little or no challenge in comparison.

The Dread Council, on the other hand, is absolute chaos. Much too confusing and difficult for a story mode boss fight. The fight is so inappropriately complex for a story mode fight that very few people actually wish to seriously attempt it, either dropping out directly after defeating Raptus to complete the weekly, or if they do continue, becoming so frustrated after a few wipes they throw up their hands. I would say a decrease in difficulty of 20% - 25% should be sufficient for story mode. Maybe make an intermediate mode that drops 72 or 75 gear, and have the current "story mode" Dread Council fight as is a part of said intermediate mode. It really does not make much sense for story mode to only drop 69's and hard mode drop 78's. Not only is it a huge gap in gear difference between the two, but people that attempt story mode are already in AT LEAST 69's if not 72's by the time they are running it, so the 69 loot is essentially vendor trash.

Also, would it be too much to ask for a 78's mainhand weapon to be added to the ultimate comms vendor? A mainhand weapon is the ONLY slot you cannot purchase new Oriconian gear with commendations.

Thank you.

Falver
10.24.2013 , 12:04 AM | #2
I'll tell you the secret to the dread masters fight: organization.

Edit: And no, mainhands should only come from operations. You actually need to DESERVE it to get it.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

AshlaBoga
10.24.2013 , 12:23 AM | #3
None of the fights are challenging on SM 8 man. Or even on SM 16 man.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

slafko
10.24.2013 , 12:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
Edit: And no, mainhands should only come from operations. You actually need to DESERVE it to get it.
Actually, you need to get lucky to get it. Which is bad.

Lord_Noch
10.24.2013 , 01:50 AM | #5
Perhaps the fact I prefer a more laid-back gameplay style is my undoing. My favorite two classes are Jedi shadow and Sith assassin, and those are my best geared characters as a result. I enjoy being able to complete quests faster by being able to stealth past MOBs rather than fighting every single one, and when I run ops, I usually pug them, some will be mostly from one guild (there are four guilds I frequently run with), but sometimes they will be true pugs that truly are random. Honestly, I prefer not to commit to a certain time every week and obligate myself to that specific day and time every week, and even if I did, the top raiding guilds avoid having DPS shadows and assassins in their core group anyway in lieu of sentinels or ranged DPS classes. I have still not completed that final quest in the Oricon quest chain that requires you to kill the last boss of Dread Palace. Every week, we've only gotten to Raptus. Personally, I would like to continue as long as it takes since I would like to complete the quest, but the other people do not possess the fortitude that I do. They either opt out and not attempting at all by saying "it's too difficult" and "it's not worth 4 ultimate comms", or if we do attempt it,, most people are willing to throw in the towel after the second or third wipe, and some after only one!

And no, I do not think that the mainhand should only be obtainable from being lucky enough to win the dice roll when it's looted. Tier bonus pieces yes, but not mainhands.

Macio
10.24.2013 , 02:50 AM | #6
I think that once you know the mechanics and have competent people then you can easily kill last boss in DP SM.
I believe this is all down to people knowing what to do. Sure the better players you have, better your chances of killing it but if you say you run with some other guilds, i am surprised they do not want to finish that story line.

But i prefer playing with same people from my guild and we wipe till we kill it No one quits just because boss is difficult or its not going our way.

I think this is one of those things that you have to accept. If you don't want to commit to set times/schedules you can't expect to easily kill last bosses. Especially as this is "the last fight of Dread Masters saga".

As to loot - i think SM last bosses of both DF and DP could give out 72s just to give people bit more reasons to kill that last boss.
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

AAAAzrael
10.24.2013 , 06:41 AM | #7
I joined a guild run of a Czech guild I didn't know before on my DPS last week and they were in DP SM first time ever. I explained later fights through chat including last boss and we one shotted all bosses except one mistake on past and future phases by tanks on one boss. With right positioning that can be shown before the fight SM Dread Masters offer no challenge if the DPS is geared enough to pull off kill them one by one.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

Lord_Noch
10.24.2013 , 08:37 AM | #8
Perhaps I'm just bad luck then, lmao. I will continue attempting it, I am confident once I am in an excellent group that understands all mechanics and the strategy for defeating the bosses that I will eventually finish the quest. It's only a matter of time.

As for loot, I would think all 10 boss fights in SM should drop Verpine (72's) and the Dread Council (final boss fight) in Dread Palace in SM should drop 1 kell dragon mainhand (75') in 8 man, 2 or 3 in 16 man. The last two bosses in each one do drop one piece of Underworld tier bonus gear each in 8 man, and 2 or 3 in 16 man, as well as a few verpine pieces, but most bosses only drop 69's and still the last two bosses of each drop some 69's. As I stated, virtually all players running DF and DP are already in at least 69's and many 72's, and if they've been active the past three weeks at least one piece of 78, I actually have six pieces of 78's on my shadow, although I will admit I also run ops on my assassin and guardian and mail gear components back and forth through bind on legacy gear. And before the patch that released Oricon, I had two full sets of 72 willpower gear, one permanently on my shadow, and one I mailed back and forth between my assassin, guardian's Kira, and sentinel's Kira.

For Christ's sake, 69's drop in HM flashpoints, SM TC, SM TFB, and SM S&V! And HM TC, which is much easier than SM Dread Council and roughly equal in difficulty to SM Bestia (DP boss 1), SM Calphayrus (DP boss 3), and SM Brontes (DF boss 5), drops 72's. And SM TC is a joke, as long as people are not complete morons and get the hell out of the trench during the five seconds or so after the siren starts, it's a guaranteed success with a group in at least 63 (hazmat / dread guard level 50) or 66 (purple crafted level 53) gear. And I can speak with authority on that. My shadow, assassin, and guardian all sport "the Furious" title, and I defeated SM TC in a group on my sentinel when he was only level 53 or 54 and in 61's (black hole / campaign).

Bowenator
10.24.2013 , 10:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Noch View Post
Perhaps I'm just bad luck then, lmao. I will continue attempting it, I am confident once I am in an excellent group that understands all mechanics and the strategy for defeating the bosses that I will eventually finish the quest. It's only a matter of time.
Eventually the SM ops will get nerfed into faceroll mode just like EC and TFB were to the point pug groups with dps tanks can stroll through. Until then, the content still is not very hard. Put together a halfway competent pug yourself (check achievements beforehand), or find a casual guild with some decent players and voice chat who raid ad hoc since you don't want a set schedule.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Noch View Post
As for loot, I would think all 10 boss fights in SM should drop Verpine (72's) and the Dread Council (final boss fight) in Dread Palace in SM should drop 1 kell dragon mainhand (75') in 8 man, 2 or 3 in 16 man. The last two bosses in each one do drop one piece of Underworld tier bonus gear.
No. The devs have stated Kell Dragon is vanity gear for completing NiM modes. Completing SM ops is in no way deserving of a 75 MH. If you are still in need of Underworld gear, you should be doing HM TFB and S&V, which are on farm even for many casual guilds. Story mode ops is just that - a way for people to take in the canon.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

bsbrad
10.24.2013 , 10:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
I'll tell you the secret to the dread masters fight: organization.

While I agree in principle you will have to run the Operation 8x to get all your mains the main hand (~ 2 months, assuming your not alt-running) The drops in these operations have been discussed to death but the fact there are 10 bosses and 12 slots with only one boss who drops implants is a problem (and no I don't want the endurance heavy one you can buy with ult comms)

On topic, the dread council is a little overtuned for SM as the likelyhood a PUG group (who are usually not on voice chat) getting through this is slim. Also for the first couple of weeks the 8 man SM bosses had mechanics harder than the 8 man HM bosses (as usual the 16m versions are a joke as half the raid can ignore the mechanics completely)
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.