Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Loot chest doesn't unlock on boss death

Zyada
12.21.2011 , 08:51 PM | #1
Hi, it happened multiple times to me and my guildies that while doing flash-points, some Loot Chest were still locked after killing the boss. It happened to us in Mandalorians Raiders and in Call to Arm. We also noticed that it happens only when we wiped a couple of times on those bosses. This is quite annoying, please fix.

donaldtroll
12.31.2011 , 08:47 AM | #2
Yes I agree PLEASE FIX this asap and provide info on how to circumvent the bug occuring :O

Retro-
12.31.2011 , 09:55 AM | #3
I know the second boss in Hard mode Battle for Illum didnt let us open the chest..pretty dissapointing.

evile
12.31.2011 , 11:05 AM | #4
Same happened to my guild during a Boarding Party runs a few nights back.

Was a little disappointed, but oh well.

Here's to hoping that this issue will be addressed soon.

Odawnus
12.31.2011 , 12:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by donaldtroll View Post
Yes I agree PLEASE FIX this asap and provide info on how to circumvent the bug occuring :O
This has happen to us a few times, the only way we know how to get around it is do not wipe.

sugafree
12.31.2011 , 01:22 PM | #6
yup, it sucks.. it happens only when you wipe though so make sure you have a good group that knows what to do..

tehjhu
12.31.2011 , 01:34 PM | #7
I assumed this was a purposeful thing to encourage people to not wipe. We wiped against the boarding party and didn't unlock the chest, so after finishing we ran it again and didn't wipe. I kind of like it, actually.

Tricsun
12.31.2011 , 06:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tehjhu View Post
I assumed this was a purposeful thing to encourage people to not wipe. We wiped against the boarding party and didn't unlock the chest, so after finishing we ran it again and didn't wipe. I kind of like it, actually.
It's a bug. There's no way in hell that they thought it would be a good idea to not reward loot for killing the boss.

NoDebateReborn
12.31.2011 , 08:27 PM | #9
Ran Hard Mode BParty today. No wipe. Got loot.

Star Wars Galaxies Veteran Badge
Jun 26th 2003 - Nov 15th, 2005
Ostiott Oseum'Tah - Wanderhomie For Life

DarthBanshay
01.01.2012 , 10:39 PM | #10
Let's be honest, nobody runs FP's for XP, they run them for loot. If this is a "feature" rather than a bug, it's quite possibly the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Now instead of groups doggedly determined to kill that final boss instead of giving up, you've got a bunch of quitters because nobodies going to go through the hardship of multiple wipes if there's no reward at the end. Which reminds me, why no loot for completing FP quests? They're some of the hardest instances in the game, yet you get no reward (other than some XP and a small credit reward) for completing them. This is going to end up making FP's extinct because once word gets out that some instances only drop loot for certain classes, it'll be impossible to get a group together (Cademimu anyone?). Everyone is just going to bypass them and do heroics instead. At least that way you're guaranteed to get something useful for your trouble.