Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

16-man DPS Leaderboards


Shandellon's Avatar


Shandellon
02.20.2014 , 06:59 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by OneShotXV View Post
Also been trying out full lethality for a little, havent played it since 2.0 really. I can beat hybrid on a dummy easily, but i can never reproduce it on a live fight for some reason
Yes, this is universally true. Reason are three ways, starting from most important
1) Other slingers are stealing Hamorrage stacks. In real raid you actually use 3-4 stacks out of 10 for yourself and that is if you keep that in mind and are lucky.
2) You can't really depend on roll damage
3) Spec is really really bad againts low hp targets, also swapping is tricky. If you swap right before reapplying dots, its ok, but if you swap in second part of rotation, your Hemorraging Blast has to be replaced with basic attack, which is meh

Anyway, 1 >>>>> 2 and 3. With no other slingers/scoundrels in raid, df can do wonders
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

paowee's Avatar


paowee
02.20.2014 , 09:21 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
That is Draxus list? If so, we never kill adds in tunel, so we begin fight already in combat, and I'm way too lazy to crop it for this list

Edit: That will be my latest Draxus http://www.torparse.com/a/597977/tim...291/0/Overview for 2993 dps, but cropping is a mess
Yes i used the Draxxus list particularly to exaggerate the fact that there are fewer Sniper/Slinger parses coming up since 2.6 hit.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

OneShotXV's Avatar


OneShotXV
02.21.2014 , 01:52 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Yes, this is universally true. Reason are three ways, starting from most important
1) Other slingers are stealing Hamorrage stacks. In real raid you actually use 3-4 stacks out of 10 for yourself and that is if you keep that in mind and are lucky.
2) You can't really depend on roll damage
3) Spec is really really bad againts low hp targets, also swapping is tricky. If you swap right before reapplying dots, its ok, but if you swap in second part of rotation, your Hemorraging Blast has to be replaced with basic attack, which is meh

Anyway, 1 >>>>> 2 and 3. With no other slingers/scoundrels in raid, df can do wonders
Hm yeah i guess i just didnt realize how much the WB stacks really mattered. The rotation still feels really clunky without being able to roll as well, since snipe and EP seem to take too much energy to fit in there nicely, i dont know. Ill probably stick with hybrid for Nefra,Grob, Tyrans, Raptus, Council, and stay MM for the other five like I had been doing all along.

I thought the devs said they were gonna make changes to the way Laze and TA worked while they were changing orbital, guess they just didnt :/ Something like making laze target make snipe Auto Crit, cost no energy, and be insta cast would make it feel more fluid in lethality and help that rotation a bit without overpowering it, i dont know.

Couldn't find any logs from the past few weeks other than a DP i did last night sadly, theyre buried in a list of hundreds of log files haha.

Bestia:
Skyfll - MM Sniper - Chosen - 3261.71 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/597923/5/0/Overview

Tyrans:
Skyfll - Hybrid Sniper - Chosen - 3236.82 DPS - http://www.torparse.com/a/597923/9/0/Overview

Calph is always weird, i got stuck kiting raptus instead of going in the challenges, and im always stuck kiting raptus on council, so those logs are all sub par.

I enjoyed the tyrans parse for its 0% crit on both Ambush and Takedown. That'll always help your numbers
<Chosen>
Skyfll - Sniper
Izz - Marauder
Hlo - Sorcerer

cxten's Avatar


cxten
02.21.2014 , 01:32 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Yes, this is universally true. Reason are three ways, starting from most important
1) Other slingers are stealing Hamorrage stacks. In real raid you actually use 3-4 stacks out of 10 for yourself and that is if you keep that in mind and are lucky.
2) You can't really depend on roll damage
3) Spec is really really bad againts low hp targets, also swapping is tricky. If you swap right before reapplying dots, its ok, but if you swap in second part of rotation, your Hemorraging Blast has to be replaced with basic attack, which is meh

Anyway, 1 >>>>> 2 and 3. With no other slingers/scoundrels in raid, df can do wonders
1 is mostly a parsing issue, though, and not losing much raid-wide dps, right? As in, you're contributing extra dps to someone else's parse while losing it from yours. (Admittedly, it's likely their dots and not their wounding shots that is eating up the stacks, which is somewhat worse.)

[I'm aware this is a parsing thread, not a raid-wide dps thread. ]

Shandellon's Avatar


Shandellon
02.21.2014 , 01:53 PM | #425
Its both their dots and their WS that eat our stacks. As long as both slingers have same gear, hybrid gain form my stacks exactly the amount I would gain, so raid-wide dps is the same. This is however only true until last 30%, where eating stacks leads to decrease of dps, as DF cant fully utilize +15% buff from skill tree
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

cxten's Avatar


cxten
02.21.2014 , 02:04 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Its both their dots and their WS that eat our stacks. As long as both slingers have same gear, hybrid gain form my stacks exactly the amount I would gain, so raid-wide dps is the same. This is however only true until last 30%, where eating stacks leads to decrease of dps, as DF cant fully utilize +15% buff from skill tree
Good point about the sub-30 ability meaning hybrid (or ss) won't mix as well as another DF.

As to dots vs WS eating it, I just meant that as dirty fighting you make sure to have WS eat HB stacks, and the others wouldn't be timing their WS to line up with your HB (or wouldn't have them at all, and with less vital shot damage to boot, if you're raiding with sharpshooters/scrappers).

Thinking more, though, it's not so bad and could be quite good: you only get to eat HB stacks with the first WS in rotation, and if anyone else is casting WS then too, you could get more raid-wide dps out of HB actually by having WS's consume a greater share of the stacks.

In particular if you have two DF gunslingers, you ideally want them to have their rotations "out of phase" (i.e. one uses HB and then you both WS, and then after a few gcds the other uses HB and you both WS) and they'd each do more dps than they would alone. I guess you could test this on a dummy with two people hitting it. Or maybe you don't need them to be out of phase to gain this benefit: what happens if there are two HB's up on the boss at the same time?

Shandellon's Avatar


Shandellon
02.21.2014 , 07:46 PM | #427
If you put two different HB stacks, they sum up and act like there was 20 in total. They do not mulitply

And your point of other slingers not timing their WS is invalid. In our usuall raid enviroment where I'm the only DF + 3 hybrids + 1 SS, the moment I start casting WS there is already only ~4 stacks left. They dont have to time anything. 11 dots tick on those stacks everytime, and that 1.5s is enough to have a maximum of first tick of WS buffed
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

Kaedusone's Avatar


Kaedusone
02.23.2014 , 09:34 PM | #428
Suushi - Dotsmash marauder - Care Bear Tickle Party - Nefra 16m Empire - 3419.67

(trimmed for droid at the end)
http://www.torparse.com/a/601107/tim...930/0/Overview
Squadron 840 Game Tester

suushi CBTP relyte

paowee's Avatar


paowee
02.24.2014 , 01:08 PM | #429
Updated
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Shakell's Avatar


Shakell
02.24.2014 , 11:42 PM | #430
Corrupter Zero
Antonica - Focus Guardian - Aisthesis - 2862.71 http://www.torparse.com/a/462487/27/0/Overview

Draxus
Antonica - Focus Guardian - Aisthesis - 2453.17 http://www.torparse.com/a/462453/14/0/Overview

Grob'thok
Antonica - Focus Guardian - Aisthesis - 3429.25 http://www.torparse.com/a/486986/13/0/Overview

These parses are all ancient, so I could do much better now if we still did 16-man.
The Ebon Hawk
Pyrrho <Beskar>
Daharel <Aisthesis>
Tessal <The Corellian League>