Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruptor Zero Information needed

Justcae
10.23.2013 , 07:55 PM | #21
Love how much complaining is occurring about this fight.

It's not. It's not even the "best of the best" guilds that are getting this done. It's accomplished by guilds in 72's.

You're doing something wrong. Lashing out at Dulfy, KBN, or anyone else that's getting the content down and saying something along the lines of "you don't understand!" is pretty much bull. There are one of two things happening here.

1) You are misreporting what happened.

2) You do not fully understand what is happening.

The advice that's out there is functional. If you are misrepresenting what is happening no amount of advice is going to help you. If you are not fully understanding what's happening, video cap your attempts and let people see what is actually going on.

Either way best wishes in your attempts. Hope you figure it out.

Jerba
10.23.2013 , 08:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post

It's not. It's not even the "best of the best" guilds that are getting this done. It's accomplished by guilds in 72's.

You're doing something wrong. Lashing out at Dulfy, KBN, or anyone else that's getting the content down and saying something along the lines of "you don't understand!" is pretty much bull. There are one of two things happening here.

The advice that's out there is functional. If you are misrepresenting what is happening no amount of advice is going to help you. If you are not fully understanding what's happening, video cap your attempts and let people see what is actually going on.

Totally agree with you on that. There are so many people calling this fight bugged because they cannot tell the difference between the stacking and the non-stacking debuff.
While I can see that there is some kind of bug in this fight, we do not really know what the intended behavior is, and until then I would not say that stacking on the boss is the one and only way to do this boss.

Right now, stacking up on the boss is a good way to counter this bug if your DPS cannot move into the boss quickly enough, but then your melee DPS have trouble killing the adds, unless you always move the boss on top of the adds, which adds challenge to your tanks but makes the healers' job easier.
My raid group had good healers so we just spread out and had the person with the stacking debuff walk into the boss; it really works either way, just try out which strategy works best for your group.

Macio
10.24.2013 , 03:22 AM | #23
You said Concussion Mind is killing your raid group, adjust your tactics (just like we did which I already posted above).

Apart from times where adds are out, just stack on the boss and you will not see a single stack of Concussion Mine as it will be dispelled withing first second. We had huge issues with mine hitting for 8k on third stack and if you did get a crit (yes - this ability can crit) you will get 15k damage on third tick. If thats happens then its a wipe.

By stacking at the boss, you loose DPS as whole group needs to run away from Anti-Gravity Field, but this fight is not really a DPS race (you still need to pull some numbers to get only 4 waves of adds before 25%).

Also as mentioned above by letting boss push you away with his swiping strike, you will not get hit twice in a row with this ability so it will give time for your healers to catch up.

Also there are two debuffs to be dispelled. During Melee phase its a blue icon, and during range phase its a dot you get after Laser is finished casting. Just get one of your DPS to help with dispel of that Laser Debuff (looki like gunslinger Life Shot icon) if your healers are struggling with healing and dispelling.
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

Macio
10.24.2013 , 03:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Right now, stacking up on the boss is a good way to counter this bug if your DPS cannot move into the boss quickly enough, but then your melee DPS have trouble killing the adds, unless you always move the boss on top of the adds, which adds challenge to your tanks but makes the healers' job easier.
I agree that best way of doing it is stacking on the boss.

But if you do it in the middle of the room, you have adds close to you no matter which direction they come from. Most melee has some kind of gap closer (i think only vanguards have "Hold The Line" which is not that great) but sentinels can force leap, shadows can Force Speed to adds, Scoundrels can roll towards adds etc etc.

Not to mention that melee adds come to your group anyway so get range to kill healers, let melee adds get close to your healers then tank AoE taunt and you nuke them ...
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

JesterSithMaster
10.24.2013 , 07:49 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post

You're misunderstanding the point of this thread and the one that I created that is also related to this. We are trying to find out if obvious increase in damage from the Concussion Mine is intentional or not; because one of the patch notes of 2.4.1 stated that the damage from the mine was suppose to be reduced. My raid group is making adjustments based off of what we're experiencing and it is going well.

So your 2 conclusions of what you think is going on are complete waste of time and I would appreciate your elitist attitude to up the dose on its medications. People have already been showing logs and such that proves the damage from the Mine has gone up when it was "fixed". Once again, this contradicts the changes BioWare claims to have made. And before you change my words and spin this, let me get one thing straight; I nor my guild mate, are complaining. We're trying to figure out if this increase in the Mines' damage is by design and is going to stay for good or if there are changes coming in the near future.

Sincerely,
Jester