Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint entry problem

Abusabus
12.31.2011 , 03:36 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthneubauer View Post
I found a cure! it's like a *********** virus

if you or your friends have this bug, Create an alt Get the alt to invite you to a party, it will prompt you saying they will become owner of the flashpoint, you are now cured and he is bugged.
Insane but this worked for us tonight also. Tried everything else this post mentioned but as soon as we did this, it worked like a charm.

Please fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TarionBesbald
12.31.2011 , 05:32 AM | #52
I have the same problem. Hotfix please, this is getting annoying real fast.
If you want the job done right, hire a professional.

SWG Elder Jedi & former swg.gamona.de Jedi Correspondent

Pseudoname
12.31.2011 , 10:32 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Abusabus View Post
Insane but this worked for us tonight also. Tried everything else this post mentioned but as soon as we did this, it worked like a charm.

Please fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a trick that my guild had to find out on our own.

Basically what is happening is someone in your group is bugged as having a current/locked Flashpoint. When they are being invited to your group, they get a pop-up saying that all Flashpoints that they are currently running/locked to are being transferred to the party leader. So, your bugged party member has now transferred a Flashpoint herpes to your party leader and now your entire party cannot enter whatever Flashpoint you're wanting to go to because your party leader cannot reset instances he's not locked to.

Do what Darth says:

1. Have someone other than your current party leader log off create an alternate character.
2. Have the alternate character be party leader and invite everyone that you're wanting to party with.
3. Have the alternate character leave the group or have all the party members leave one by one.
4. Alternate character logs back onto the toon they want to play with and then enjoy your Flashpoint. Remember to hold a vigil for the sacrificial character that you gave Flashpoint herpes to and that will be deleted.

BrianAneurysm
01.01.2012 , 10:33 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Pseudoname View Post
This is a trick that my guild had to find out on our own.

Basically what is happening is someone in your group is bugged as having a current/locked Flashpoint. When they are being invited to your group, they get a pop-up saying that all Flashpoints that they are currently running/locked to are being transferred to the party leader. So, your bugged party member has now transferred a Flashpoint herpes to your party leader and now your entire party cannot enter whatever Flashpoint you're wanting to go to because your party leader cannot reset instances he's not locked to.

Do what Darth says:

1. Have someone other than your current party leader log off create an alternate character.
2. Have the alternate character be party leader and invite everyone that you're wanting to party with.
3. Have the alternate character leave the group or have all the party members leave one by one.
4. Alternate character logs back onto the toon they want to play with and then enjoy your Flashpoint. Remember to hold a vigil for the sacrificial character that you gave Flashpoint herpes to and that will be deleted.
This is the ONLY thing that we were able to get to work. It takes an extra 5 minutes or so, but it's so worth fixing this glaring, game-breaking bug. This thread should be stickied, because NONE of the BW CSRs know this workaround, and they won't even acknowledge that the bug exists--you just get form emails if you submit a ticket.

Gvaz
01.02.2012 , 03:15 AM | #55
I had this problem today, and it has to do with a person having a quest related to the instance you're trying to enter. If everyone isn't on it, it wont let you as a group enter it.

This shouldn't happen, since you can do the instance without the quest just fine.

Auilt
01.02.2012 , 03:22 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
I had this problem today, and it has to do with a person having a quest related to the instance you're trying to enter. If everyone isn't on it, it wont let you as a group enter it.

This shouldn't happen, since you can do the instance without the quest just fine.
Not accurate. We had this issue trying to enter hard mode BT. Pretty sure no one in the group had a quest related to BT...

At any rate, this explains why I originally could not enter the instance but then later our healer wasn't able to enter.

Extinction
01.02.2012 , 07:36 PM | #57
Add me to the list, fing stupid. Can't run because of same problem, add the pvp delays and glitches what am I suppose to be doing?

Egotrip
01.02.2012 , 08:39 PM | #58
Ran into this the past couple days myself......Frustarting to say the least that we have to trick the instance to let our group in.

ValaxDarkseer
01.02.2012 , 09:04 PM | #59
This is one of the worst bugs I have ever seen in a AAA MMO.

Imagine if there was no workaround for this...........

thecoffeecup
01.02.2012 , 09:16 PM | #60
I ran into this problem myself. Nobody around knew what was going on. Opened a ticket but no luck there either (I did receive a generic answer after I updated my ticket with the workaround I had used).

Not sure which workarounds people have been posting here, but this worked for me:

1. Enter the last flashpoint I had been in. This was also the only flashpoint I could actually enter.
2. Alt+F4. (it's probably just enough to leave, but I had the disappearing cursor bug and didn't realize I could right click to resolve it)
3. Log back on, reset flashpoints.

I tried many other things first. Of course I tried resetting. Other people tried to reset for me. Abandoned all quests. Had people invite me (but accepting did not work if it required a reset). On the bright side, I was surprised how many people actually tried to help me.

I didn't realize it could have anything to do with my previous flashpoint. Because I had succesfully finished that ages ago.