Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

Xeraz's Avatar


Xeraz
10.22.2013 , 04:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Oh on doubt. I like playing in teams of good ranged than in teams with good melee cause most of the time they simply charge forward without paying attention what is happening on the back . But if you team up with inexperienced ranged... I had a slinger complaing to me that I pulled him out of the focus of two vanguards claiming I spoilt his orbital cast.
Never mess with Orbital again!! j/k

I guess my main point is, horrible players will do horribly. I think a team using 2 "average" Madness Sorcs with another ranged dps/tank SHOULD be able to do "average" in arena including against fotm teams. (If you really think about it average players should have something similar to a 50% win rate)

Regardless of comp though an Average team will lose to an Exceptional team.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
10.22.2013 , 08:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post

I guess my main point is, horrible players will do horribly. I think a team using 2 "average" Madness Sorcs with another ranged dps/tank SHOULD be able to do "average" in arena including against fotm teams. (If you really think about it average players should have something similar to a 50% win rate)
Personally I simple don't agree with this statement. In every game I have ever played there is always an opinion for a character/class that simply requires less thought. This may be due to a variety of reasons but the fact is options that have less penalty for improper decision making generally are not only the most popular options, but are generally more effective options. These brain-dead options aren't always a top tier choice, but the fact that they require less thought and precision is sadly an advantage regardless of player skill.

While I'm not trying to say a team of sorcs couldn't have moderate success, I think it is fair to say that a team of smash maras of the same skill would probably destroy them.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
10.23.2013 , 06:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
oh i didn't take your comments as a slight or anything

my whole concern is if they buff sorcs too much and nerf melee. not that it wouldn't be nice to be fotm for a bit, but it will kill off the already dying population

the majority of gamers don't want a challenge, or you wouldn't already see so many pts, maras, op healers, etc

also, more people would be willing to try crazy comps, or put in the work to make them good

i'm hopeful for better balance but we'll see...
They dont need to buff sorcs, just nerf melee.

Lightning is fine, it has burst and some degree of control. You dont have uber survivability but you cant have everything.

Madness is almost there. It has spread pressure and roots on demand. If they give it a touch more control and fix force issues madness is more than fine.

Healing is a mess but thats a another area.

Im not a accomplished sorc DPSer but i would advocate no damage buffs to any sorc spec at all. Maybe fadeout being baseline and fix the stupidity of Madness force management.

I also wouldnt advocate severe nerfs to melee survivability. Melee tends to take a punch once in a while, they are melee anyway.

My proposal would be to nerf melees uptime and some of their mobility. Why does everything a melee does slow and roots people forever? Why do they have so much gap closers and instant AoE stuns?

In the early days of the game a sentinel would have to charge and at least think about slowing their targets. Nowadays you are rooted for 2 gcds and permaslowed as soon as they charge you. What is this? Mongo mode?

Why force crush is the strongest DoT in the game with rolling 4k crits, its stronger than creeping terror, rofl.

Im not worried about smash damage, but why must it be so frontloaded and braindead? Charge, smash, crush 90% slow 4k rolling DoTs, 10m scream, 10m execute. YOLO.

In other games when a warrior charges you he has to go through a minimal thought process to stick and burst their targets. They must slow people with hamstring / piercing howl, open up with colossus smash to be able to do real damage, ms and manage rage to burst with either heroic strike (rage efficient burst) or slam (rage innefiecient burst).

All the though process explained above dont even get close to a LOLMARAS mind. Smash, yolo.

I think that every sorc who played heals or kiting specs will LOL at what im going to tell here, but as a healer im get constantly taunted (both AoE and single target) and pacified. Now why people would do that?

Because 90% of the melee in this game prolly have a razer kboard and macro all their skills in a single key (including taunts) and just spams it in whoever crosses their path. If its a sage, they just spam it harder.

Melee in this game should have the same average power level they have now (a few tweaks here and there) but be absolutely harder to play in terms of thought process. In this way great melee players would still be deadly as **** and we would create an actual difference between dedicated melee players and the horrible ones, just like sorcs.

Unfortunately Bioware doesnt seem to realise this and is giving braindead root on ravage to vengeance.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
10.23.2013 , 09:49 AM | #24
BTW Thurin is playing with a black dick hanginling out of his back and pointing to his ***.

Shame on you Thurin, i expected more from a fellow sorc.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

crunchbarry's Avatar


crunchbarry
11.02.2013 , 03:15 PM | #25
I see pretty much no point in taking corrupted flesh as a sorc. And chain shock is way better than lightning barrier.

Gomex's Avatar


Gomex
11.02.2013 , 08:10 PM | #26
Bastion has also had it's share of range dps comps winning against the best teams

Top teams has been using madness/balance and making ap pt hybrid tanks shed tears.

LTmudbutt's Avatar


LTmudbutt
11.03.2013 , 03:04 AM | #27
Sorcs / sages #1 buff me!
Mudclot - Turdle - Turdel
<Mullets and Monster Trucks>

Racter's Avatar


Racter
11.03.2013 , 03:28 AM | #28
I'm pretty surprised people are knocking madness viability for ranked. I ran 10 games with Glory as Madness, way undergeared and flat out zero experience sin tank, smash mara and merc healer in lvl 50 gear and went totally undefeated until we ran into Xeno and Mudclot running double madness ap tank. We beat multiple double smash ap tank, double smash jugg tank, etc teams with zero problems. Even some other sorcs (Seany comes to mind) have done okay with team support so it's not like it's JUST these three doing it.

The only thing madness needs is better force regen, preferably through some means that doesn't involve as cast that can get instantly kicked when you run out of energy imo. Affliction could probably get it's duration halfed and damaged doubled to be more CC friendly but other than that it seems fine to me.

Xeraz's Avatar


Xeraz
11.03.2013 , 05:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
The only thing madness needs is better force regen, preferably through some means that doesn't involve as cast that can get instantly kicked when you run out of energy imo. Affliction could probably get it's duration halfed and damaged doubled to be more CC friendly but other than that it seems fine to me.
Agreed, Force is really all we need. Anything else is likely a Quality of Life buff here or there. (For example I'd like less self healing and more passive/active mitigation)
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
11.03.2013 , 07:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
I'm pretty surprised people are knocking madness viability for ranked. I ran 10 games with Glory as Madness, way undergeared and flat out zero experience sin tank, smash mara and merc healer in lvl 50 gear and went totally undefeated until we ran into Xeno and Mudclot running double madness ap tank. We beat multiple double smash ap tank, double smash jugg tank, etc teams with zero problems. Even some other sorcs (Seany comes to mind) have done okay with team support so it's not like it's JUST these three doing it.

The only thing madness needs is better force regen, preferably through some means that doesn't involve as cast that can get instantly kicked when you run out of energy imo. Affliction could probably get it's duration halfed and damaged doubled to be more CC friendly but other than that it seems fine to me.
I don't know about the rest but when I'm criticising the current state I'm doing it from a solo ranked perspective and foremost based on how I see the average sorc/sage perform compared to players on other classes, players I know for a fact can't hold their own for 5 secs in 8 vs 8 .It is significally easier for a scrubby mara to jump in and smash than it is for the average sorc to keep distance.