Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

Xeraz
10.22.2013 , 10:40 AM | #1
I posted this on the pvp forums but I wanted to come directly to the Sorcs on this. Below we have 3 different players with Team Rated streams showing it's viability.

Glory
http://www.twitch.tv/matchlessglory/b/472382530

Mudclot
http://www.twitch.tv/mudclot/b/472349584

Thurinlore (Start at the 9 Hour mark)
http://www.twitch.tv/thurinlore2/b/471983296

My only major complaint with Madness is the Force Issues, besides that though it seems to be just fine. Btw this is the spec Glory used, I'm assuming the others were the same or very similar.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...ZcMfRsbkrfRR.3
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

MidichIorian
10.22.2013 , 11:00 AM | #2
And how would you rate the healers/tanks they're playing with?

Xeraz
10.22.2013 , 11:26 AM | #3
Insomiaq is good although he lags a bit. Ary'a is a very good operative healer. Hitmanpro is also a good merc healer BUT, he is a merc healer- definitely NOT fotm.

I think those are the only healers/tanks in those videos. Most of the games were with triple dps.

orryko
10.22.2013 , 11:34 AM | #4
just like the streams i linked before.

excellent sorcs/ranged playing with a tank who knows how to support and a great healer = win

it only feels op and viable because our little group is the one doing it. there are lots of other double sorc, ranged combos that get destroyed

the question i posed in another thread is if bioware should buff sorcs/ranged in general, which would make people like us jesus, or if they should buff based on everyone else who is struggling and doesn't have excellent teammates

Xeraz
10.22.2013 , 11:39 AM | #5
I don't think dispel-able Madness dots are needed at all, this will only be a nerf on Sorc healers and won't actually buff Madness dps much at all. Imho, the only buff Madness needs is better Force Management.

I honestly think the best thing that can happen to Arena is a little more "rock/paper/scissors." This will give more variation to the comps used and reason for the Meta to shift. For example, I believe that if Ranged dps becomes stronger than classes like Deception/Shien Jugg will be making a stronger play in arena. Those classes currently don't perform as well against the Operative/Powertech/Marauder crowd but they have very redeeming qualities against Ranged dps setups.

orryko
10.22.2013 , 12:10 PM | #6
i agree with you. madness buffs are stupid because hardly anyone dispels as is, and it only ensures that lightning stands no chance against madness 1v1, if they ever did before (yes i know, not a 1v1 game)

i also agree it will force more people to think outside the box instead of double derp pt or smash train.

vengeance/lightning and deception/lightning can already beat most setups, just not enough good players to run it nor people willing to try.

that's my biggest concern...how many good people are really left? how many will come back? playing as my merc or sorc, i have a very limited group of people i can run with on pot5.

RyderQuanTy
10.22.2013 , 01:17 PM | #7
I have been playing a tk sage and that class need help it to easy to shut down so I switched to balance a feew days ago and there is a drastic improvement in viability. I made a few mistakes that cost me but I cant say it was the class balance is viable any anyone have a tip for mar what the best combo for smash spec from 10-30 m leap kb sprint root? 10 m root sprint ? I could get them off me with the stealth sprint more of an ltp than class . the dr when stuned is huge btw still electro net should not trump bubble fix that and ops heals well see
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

RyderQuanTy
10.22.2013 , 01:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
i agree with you. madness buffs are stupid because hardly anyone dispels as is, and it only ensures that lightning stands no chance against madness 1v1, if they ever did before (yes i know, not a 1v1 game)

i also agree it will force more people to think outside the box instead of double derp pt or smash train.

vengeance/lightning and deception/lightning can already beat most setups, just not enough good players to run it nor people willing to try.

that's my biggest concern...how many good people are really left? how many will come back? playing as my merc or sorc, i have a very limited group of people i can run with on pot5.
I feel this way to a focus guardian and tank guardian the other day u think someon on the other team would be slowed not one as the pack was chacing me I was like man y no guardian leap and snear ***
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

AdmiralParmesan
10.22.2013 , 02:50 PM | #9
Thread tittle fully exaggerated
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

LTmudbutt
10.22.2013 , 02:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Thread tittle fully exaggerated
How so?
Pedrospicyweenr son of Carlospicyweenr
<Sit gangster holmes>