Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruptor Zero Fully Powered Blast

Macio
10.24.2013 , 09:04 AM | #21
1) yes and this happens even if you run away further then 0.5 cast. When we were progressing this boss i was getting really frustrated with this mechanic that seem to be broken. Look at the short video below and you will notice our sentinel getting pushed back into stun even though he was past sage healer that didn't get stuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegGj80ETGc

2) Don't stand on the corner. Move inside one of the wall so you are already safe of have to move to other side. As soon as you see IMMUNE message to your damaging skills (if you do DPS) then look at mini map. RED DOT indicates where he will land few seconds before. Look at our kill video from around 5:15 and you will see I got all people to stand next to me (i marked myself) then i soon as i saw red dot in the same line as we were I told people to move to other side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eob6bNeT4U
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

Jerba
10.24.2013 , 09:05 PM | #22
1) I was able to get out of the Anti-Gravity field most of the time, but I lost the aggro anyway even when I cleared the void in time. You could have your offtank taunt the boss when he does the Anti-Gravity Field, then your main tank does not have to worry about getting out of the field in time.

2) You will always have an add wave spawn when he does the Unified Beam phase, it would be too easy otherwise.
Just have your tanks do a mass taunt, pop cds and put orbitals on the ground. The adds are melees in that phase, so they should automatically run toward you. But if you don't have the damage, just ignore the adds until after the beam, since avoiding the beam is first priority.
Sometimes, you're just out of luck with the timing when an add wave spawns right before the Unified Beam, and then another add wave as part of the Beam. Then, you can pretty much wipe the raid since two add groups are too much to handle. I do not think that you can control when he starts the beam.

But if you already got to the beam, you are pretty much done. After the beam, you no longer have to deal with the adds; you can just stack up on the boss and have your tanks swap ever so often.

Justcae
10.25.2013 , 04:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
We managed to bug Grobthok out a bit, in that it seemed that having him underneath the magnet as he started to cast pipe smash would break his cast, and after the magnet broke, he would immediately cast pipe smash again. This caused us to take a little more time than we wanted to getting past him, despite one offing each of the two prior bosses.
Not a bug. Pipe smash does not go on cooldown if interrupted. Wait for him to actually get his pipe out before stunning him with the magnet. He'll pull the pipe out at 80-60-40-20 unless your DPS is behind. At which point it becomes a timed event.

Point: Let him get the pipe out then stun him, not before.

1) Has anyone had trouble with Anti-gravity field where if you got out of the circle with less than, say, 0.5 seconds remaining on the cast, it rubber banded you back into the circle when he finishes the cast? It happened to quite a few people in the raid over our various attempts, though it was only fatal ~50% of the time.
Server lag is strange as far as movement goes. To force the server to update your position in time jump out of the circle if you are clearing but the server disagrees.

2) When we got to the Unified Beam phase, a bunch of adds spawned immediately before he jumped, in the area where he landed, is there any way to avoid getting the adds to spawn then, so we can properly find him on the mini map? When he hit 40%, we initiated a hard burn, and tried to race him into that phase before another set of adds spawned, was that a bad idea?
That set of adds is the only set that does not follow the timer I outlined earlier. They will either spawn way late if your DPS is terrible, or spawn upon the boss jumping up to do his beams. You can not avoid these adds.

As far as finding him on your minimap, all the adds are melee, they run towards you, they also spawn in the middle of the room. Have your minimap zoomed out so you can see the entire room on your minimap. Zero lands in the end of the hallway, he's easily identified as he is the only dot that does this. And as i said earlier, commit to a hallway when he jumps up. The only thing your raid should be listening for when they burn the adds is a single word of "Move", or "Stay". No babble, no guessing.

Aelanis
10.25.2013 , 07:01 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post
Not a bug. Pipe smash does not go on cooldown if interrupted. Wait for him to actually get his pipe out before stunning him with the magnet. He'll pull the pipe out at 80-60-40-20 unless your DPS is behind. At which point it becomes a timed event.

Point: Let him get the pipe out then stun him, not before.
Maybe 'bug' was the wrong word to use, but we determined we needed to be more careful with him there. Clipping his cast caused us to take a ton more damage than we should have, and slowed our dps a lot.

Server lag is strange as far as movement goes. To force the server to update your position in time jump out of the circle if you are clearing but the server disagrees.
That's actually really neat, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the tip.

That set of adds is the only set that does not follow the timer I outlined earlier. They will either spawn way late if your DPS is terrible, or spawn upon the boss jumping up to do his beams. You can not avoid these adds.

As far as finding him on your minimap, all the adds are melee, they run towards you, they also spawn in the middle of the room. Have your minimap zoomed out so you can see the entire room on your minimap. Zero lands in the end of the hallway, he's easily identified as he is the only dot that does this. And as i said earlier, commit to a hallway when he jumps up. The only thing your raid should be listening for when they burn the adds is a single word of "Move", or "Stay". No babble, no guessing.
Looks like we'll have to give that a try. We honestly didn't have a solid strategy for the laser part, as we only got to it once because we only really raid for 2 hours at a time. Thanks for all the tips and help!
Ellendra (Kinetic Combat), Markan (Sawbones), Tenthiumus (Vigilance), Imilvos (Watchman), Lilly'anna (Telekinetics),
Theraton (Darkness), Xekran (Marksmanship)
The Shadowlands

NwahsNirom
01.02.2014 , 03:50 PM | #25
Update from last night:

Using the given tips, we did much better, but we unfortunately ran out of time before we got to a solid, working strategy. We managed to bug Grobthok out a bit, in that it seemed that having him underneath the magnet as he started to cast pipe smash would break his cast, and after the magnet broke, he would immediately cast pipe smash again. This caused us to take a little more time than we wanted to getting past him, despite one offing each of the two prior bosses.

In all, though, when not beset by what seemed to be bugginess on Corruptor, we managed to get him to the Unified Beam phase, in which we lost sight of him, and he wiped half the raid with the first blast, which was our last attempt.

This leaves me with a few questions:

1) Has anyone had trouble with Anti-gravity field where if you got out of the circle with less than, say, 0.5 seconds remaining on the cast, it rubber banded you back into the circle when he finishes the cast? It happened to quite a few people in the raid over our various attempts, though it was only fatal ~50% of the time.

2) When we got to the Unified Beam phase, a bunch of adds spawned immediately before he jumped, in the area where he landed, is there any way to avoid getting the adds to spawn then, so we can properly find him on the mini map? When he hit 40%, we initiated a hard burn, and tried to race him into that phase before another set of adds spawned, was that a bad idea?

Unfortunately, it seems as though we may not get to make more attempts at him this week, due to conflicting schedules on the team, but we can feel that we're getting close.

P.S. To those who suggested tank swapping as soon as the stacks fell off, that made us take a much more manageable amount of damage, and a tank died to too much damage only once, when the healers couldn't reach him after he got knocked away, thanks for the suggestion!
0. Yes, I've seen that "bug" too. I don't know if it's a bug, but basically don't tank him right under the magnet. Wait til he gets his pipe, then get to the magnet quick. I try to tank him in the middle of the room, close to the magnet as it moves around.

1. Ya... we have seen that too with anti-gravity, where you should jump as you are leaving the red circle. This has helped us... I'm not sure if the technology works so that jumping updates the server on where you are, or something, but we find that it really helps.

2. I thought he lifts up for Unified Beam at 25%... which means you have to make sure all major adds are dead before that.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

TrillOG-
01.02.2014 , 04:02 PM | #26
Do not do the "swap at 'x' stacks". I've cleared this fight many times, and tried out many different methods when it came out and the best method BY FAR for swapping is to have the tanks swap as soon as their stacks fall off. This ensures that neither tank will have more than 1-2 stacks ever, and the timing lines up with that of the adds nicely. Also this is the easiest to heal through. Someone will probably disagree with me and I'd like to tell them to go try it, swapping on "stacks" is iffy because they aren't consistent, and if one of the tanks gets hit hard with 3+ stacks that's it. Also as mentioned if a tank is getting stuck in the field that will also cause problems, they won't always die, but may get their stacks refreshed or take focus from the healers.
Another tip I'd like to give is to ALWAYS jump when avoiding or getting out of a circle, this causes the client to update your characters position, and while you may be out on your screen, if you do not jump you may still have the circle hit you, this depends on lag of course but its the safest way to go. Another example of where this is helpful is raptus when he does his deadly slash. (Both council and his solo fight)