Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tactical Marker

Chemmie
10.21.2013 , 01:25 PM | #1
so these were a great idea for ops leaders BUT.....
#1 they are only in packs
#2 they are not reusable
#3 they are bound

***???!!!

I would love to be able to use these teaching new members but I'm not buying a whole bunch of packs for them and I can't even get them off the gtn.
www.TorCommunity.com

"Chemayla's SWTOR Styles" is now part of the TorCommunity fansite check us out there.

ImpactHound
10.21.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemmie View Post
so these were a great idea for ops leaders BUT.....
#1 they are only in packs
#2 they are not reusable
#3 they are bound

***???!!!

I would love to be able to use these teaching new members but I'm not buying a whole bunch of packs for them and I can't even get them off the gtn.
Wow used to have a sub market for engineering colored smoke flares for raiding and eventually made their way into the raid UI as a feature. Who knows if SWTOR will do this though.

Iwipe
10.21.2013 , 01:34 PM | #3
They need to be reuseable or it is pretty pointless. This is like the jawagrams all over again.

For those not sure what these tactical markers are: http://youtu.be/XMPQT-VvNng

Exnuke
10.21.2013 , 01:35 PM | #4
Yeah, they are kind of pointless. What is their range as well? If they stay like that, then it will be better to use your Imperial, Republic and challenge banners. Hope that they upgrade them soon. It will most assuredly help people out in operations.

ImpactHound
10.21.2013 , 01:49 PM | #5
Would anyone be mad if they were cheapo and easy to build as a profession? like 2 or 3 pieces of either bioanalysis, each tier is a different color?

DarthTHC
10.21.2013 , 01:54 PM | #6
This is against what the devs told us would be in the packs.

Cosmetic, they said.

Well, these tactical markers have a legitimate non-cosmetic use.

I are disappoint.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Evil_Dave
10.21.2013 , 02:21 PM | #7
Why would something like this even be put into the gambling packs? Items with a legitimate gameplay function don't belong in those things.

Rafaman
10.21.2013 , 02:24 PM | #8
The deplete on use? Damn... that is worthless.

Lumpyone
10.21.2013 , 02:59 PM | #9
This is similar to when they added the datacrons to the packs which gave a bit of extra story content when used. Granted, they don't offer any kind of story content, and I can see an argument of just placing them on the ground for "fun" while killing time waiting for an OP to start or while queued for PvP or a FP.

However, it seems once again BW introduces something without any real understanding of their playerbase and how such an item would. This would be a great tool but instead of adding it to the UI or making it reusable and crafted they are filling up space in the packs.

Cleet_Xia
10.21.2013 , 03:09 PM | #10
These cannot be traded but are only useful in ops? OHHHHH GReeeeeaat.......

Let's see.... They give me this thing....and I'm supposed to figure out how to make use of it.....so I'll want more....so I'll buy more packs just to get another one?

Why wouldn't I just keep on...you know... not using this thing?

Bet it's not even limited to being used only by Ops Leaders. So there's going to be these things going off randomly in ops....great fun.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~