Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corrupted Elder Subteroth: help?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Corrupted Elder Subteroth: help?

Elhanan
10.19.2013 , 04:00 AM | #1
Really having trouble getting past this Beastie. Both my Trooper and Merc cannot defeat him after nearly a score of attempts; am simply overwhelmed.

I have searched and read what is available, and know that it is vulnerable to Stun occasionally, but rarely make it to the second opening. And being immune to Interrupts makes this a bit more difficult than most other Bosses I have encountered.

Any helpful advice and tips are appreciated.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Ghostius
10.19.2013 , 04:13 AM | #2
Maybe you should of choose advanced class on your Trooper by now, you could kill him with no sweat

Tsillah
10.19.2013 , 04:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Elhanan View Post
Really having trouble getting past this Beastie. Both my Trooper and Merc cannot defeat him after nearly a score of attempts; am simply overwhelmed.

I have searched and read what is available, and know that it is vulnerable to Stun occasionally, but rarely make it to the second opening. And being immune to Interrupts makes this a bit more difficult than most other Bosses I have encountered.

Any helpful advice and tips are appreciated.
No problem.

Here's the two most important things:

1) Interrupt the skill "Extract". It's a long cast and easy to interrupt. Only interrupt that one, nothing else so your interrupt is always free for that.
2) Kill the summoned tentacles ASAP. After a few seconds he sacrifices them to heal himself a lot. If you don't do this the fight will go on forever unless you are are very well geared dps who can kill him very very fast. Most people are not, so don't count on it.

That's all it takes to kill that boss. Of course it is an MMO so make sure you are at least decently geared. If you are level 55 and have less than 24-25k health, then you know you are undergeared for sure. Same goes for your companion.

Tanks/melee have it harder here because you don't always see the summoned tentacles. Stand back a bit (you don't have to stand on top of him to hit him) and zoom out your camera as far as possible and save a quick casting skill to kill the add. It dies with one hit.

Good luck

Edit: wait, did I get the right one here? I think I got the names confused.

If it's the boss on the south side then it's a different story. That one is more about being geared well enough including your companion. I do find it easier if you or the companion is a healer. As we all know Treek is the best healer companion in the game. And please use defensive cooldowns. And if all else fails...Heroic Moment is your friend.
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

#RemoveRNG

Corsiero
10.19.2013 , 06:49 AM | #4
Just focus on your rotation, it will use Surge, right after Surge you can stun it ( big red letters that say it's vulnerable to stuns ), when it's stunned you can't actually do any damage to it, heal up a bit if you can then burn it. If you can't you have a DPS issue.

Tachenko_Yuri
10.19.2013 , 06:54 AM | #5
Totally fail to understand what's the big deal about both subteroth / bothrium / zaoron.

Subteroth? it gets pissed off at a certain point. Nuke heal your comp if ur a healer, defensive cooldowns if ur a dps or a tank. Also when it gets pissed off (surge) it says " she has become susceptible to stuns " so you ** might ** guess what's in order at that given time.
Current Main: Lynette Walkhar
Commando - Eternal Warrior - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of Quesh/Voss/Makeb/Balmorra - Potentiae Guild

Nickious
10.19.2013 , 07:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Totally fail to understand what's the big deal about both subteroth / bothrium / zaoron.

Subteroth? it gets pissed off at a certain point. Nuke heal your comp if ur a healer, defensive cooldowns if ur a dps or a tank. Also when it gets pissed off (surge) it says " she has become susceptible to stuns " so you ** might ** guess what's in order at that given time.
off topic but how many days you have left on your sub now?

Tachenko_Yuri
10.19.2013 , 07:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
off topic but how many days you have left on your sub now?
oh that was, a bug from when I downgraded to pref for a brief period of time. the thing vanished after a day. too bad
Current Main: Lynette Walkhar
Commando - Eternal Warrior - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of Quesh/Voss/Makeb/Balmorra - Potentiae Guild

Elhanan
10.19.2013 , 07:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Corsiero View Post
Just focus on your rotation, it will use Surge, right after Surge you can stun it ( big red letters that say it's vulnerable to stuns ), when it's stunned you can't actually do any damage to it, heal up a bit if you can then burn it. If you can't you have a DPS issue.
Thanks to all for your tips; will try again soon. Pls keep them coming, as this has cost a lot to get that reward.

This bit on Healing while Stunned may be key. I was not aware that it was not taking damage during this phase, so I will plan on healing during this time.

Since about 30th lvl, it has been almost impossible to look up from Boss encounters; eyes focused on the GUI so I can try and avoid misfires. I had not noticed the Big Red Warning until researching this critter, and setting camera back to 50 has helped gain a bigger picture for tactical aid. Still, no luck, but better view.

One major problem is that Cryo-Grenade has such a long cooldown; must utilize the once/ 20 min ability to get it ready for the second phase, but rarely get that far. Plus the short distance is terrible for me. I had tried climbing one of the gnarled trees for a height advantage, but it simply attacks while hidden by the trunk; camera useless in this scenario.

Thanks again to everyone!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Icebergy
10.19.2013 , 07:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Same here. They are easy.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Elhanan
10.19.2013 , 09:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Same here. They are easy.
Thank you for the insightful aid; may others help you in like manner....

To others, still no luck thus far, though the fights do last a little longer. Is there something I am missing as far as refreshing Cooldowns besides that once/ 20 min ability? Thanks!
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11