Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Holiday Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrazyMcGee
11.20.2013 , 08:20 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Allow me to make it even more clear: I've seen people go from level 1 to level 45 over the course of a Double XP weekend, and have confirmed they did so without cheating or botting anything.

It's that big a difference, because it STACKS with your Character Perks and XP consumable buffs.
Yeah, it's a good way to level an alt quick if Endgame content is your... endgame

Some people don't like to level too fast, but it's a balance anyway. I mean, you do the planets, do class, do some PVP and get your FP dailies as you level... you would already vastly outlevel your planets by lvl 20. You need to find a compromise. But it also works if the planets bore you after the dozenth time you do them and you want to level just from PVP.

Personally my suggestion is for double XP tokens so that people can use it at times that suit them and not use it if they don't like it. I don't want to overlevel my planets as I am still working through achievements, so I will probably just spread double XP over my alts or play some Endgame (do some dailies or whatever) with my 55s.

I'm not sure why people get so upset about it, there's always a way to work it out without messing anything up.

AussieAlan
11.21.2013 , 01:07 AM | #112
No way, do these people not have lives?, Most I have gotten over a double xp weekend is 1 - 25, how the hell do you get to 45 in a couple of days?.

akabane_k
11.21.2013 , 01:28 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
No way, do these people not have lives?, Most I have gotten over a double xp weekend is 1 - 25, how the hell do you get to 45 in a couple of days?.
get a group, blitz through normal quests, and do fp/heroics. Can get a few levels an hour.

idnewton
11.21.2013 , 02:03 AM | #114
After multiple endgame toons you realize the tricks of the trade. Obviously things like exploration and class mission xp legacy boosts are essential, as well as plenty of consumable universal boosts. Areas like the approach to the shrine of healing on Voss is a great area for xp, there's a bunch of quests with bonus series's all in the same area.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

AussieAlan
11.21.2013 , 02:21 AM | #115
Consumable boosts?.

idnewton
11.21.2013 , 02:23 AM | #116
Consumable boosts?.
Major Experience Boost, etc.
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

AussieAlan
11.21.2013 , 08:21 AM | #117
I thought they don't stack during double xp.

chuixupu
11.21.2013 , 01:24 PM | #118
They do stack, as well as your legacy xp boosts. However, rested XP is turned off (rested xp only applies to creatures killed anyway, while the double XP weekend applies to everything)
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

BrianDavion
11.21.2013 , 01:35 PM | #119
they do stack.

idnewton
11.21.2013 , 07:33 PM | #120
The only thing that doesn't stack with Double XP is Rest XP. Double XP overrides it, making mob xp gains the same during double xp as not. Unless it's in a flashpoint with the legacy boost, or if you're using a consumable (since consumables are doubled too)