Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***PETITION*** Place "Crest of the Dread Master" in Cartel Market!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
***PETITION*** Place "Crest of the Dread Master" in Cartel Market!

LordxVindican
10.17.2013 , 03:13 PM | #1
A lot of people have been discussing the mask that drops from the newly-integrated secret boss of SV, the Hateful Entity. The mask that drops from Dreadtooth is great, but if a 16M group of TOR experts had trouble, no one is really going to get the mask. Not to mention you'd have to get 70+ rated gear.

With 10 mil HP and pretty hardcore attacks, this boss is kinda overpowered. Keep the boss, have it drop the masks still, but an absolutely epic piece of equipment like that needs to be readily available.

I suggest placing the "Crest of the Dread Master" in the Cartel Market, maybe even just for a limited time. Say, 5500 cartel coins?

Do YOU agree? If yes, add your signature!

TheNahash
10.17.2013 , 05:39 PM | #2
No.
I don't even raid anymore but I still think that some rewards need to remain obtainable only through raiding.
I don't agree with a 1000, 5000 or 10000CC price.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Magnusheart
10.17.2013 , 06:43 PM | #3
Crest of the Dreadmaster is a LEGENDARY ITEM.

It requires you defeat 10stacks DT,
HM 16Man TFB
HM16 S&V and kill the hardest boss thusly.

Why should the rarest item in the game be plastered in the CM?

ZooMzy
10.18.2013 , 12:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Crest of the Dreadmaster is a LEGENDARY ITEM.

It requires you defeat 10stacks DT,
HM 16Man TFB
HM16 S&V and kill the hardest boss thusly.

Why should the rarest item in the game be plastered in the CM?
I believe the actual idea OP is really going for is to include a mask similar to the Dread Masters on the CM, rather than the actual Crest itself.

As for on the CM, I wouldn't want to see the Dread Master design on there at all either, but I would like to see more variations of the item in game, as expecting to clear the hardest boss overall to obtain a mask similar to the Dread Masters is kind of much, IMO. After all, with every super unique item in the game, there is another version that is somewhat obtainable for any player available (IE, the Desert Kell Drake from HM SV vs the Swamp Kell Drake from BBA rep+creds)

Which for a mask design like that, I would love to see them possibly add in a variation somewhere in game that is more realistically obtainable.

Zero-Tolerance
10.18.2013 , 02:10 PM | #5
i agree

BobbyQuarrier
11.04.2013 , 12:41 PM | #6
I would like to see a mask of similar design, perhaps not identical, but as the Cartel Market is almost purely a vanity thing, I don't see the harm it does to those who go on Ops to include similar things for purchase.It's not like the Cartel gear is pre-modded. I really really would spend 10000CC to get a mask like that, I think that is a bit too expensive for most people, but people like the mask and I expect Bioware is happy when I happily spend CCs.

Kawabonga
01.09.2014 , 08:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BobbyQuarrier View Post
I would like to see a mask of similar design, perhaps not identical, but as the Cartel Market is almost purely a vanity thing, I don't see the harm it does to those who go on Ops to include similar things for purchase.It's not like the Cartel gear is pre-modded. I really really would spend 10000CC to get a mask like that, I think that is a bit too expensive for most people, but people like the mask and I expect Bioware is happy when I happily spend CCs.
If i had to go through all the pain of clearing all the stuff listed above i'd expect to be winning something unique, that shows that i'm actually worth something as a player rather than being a rich braindead anyone. The crest should remain a legendary drop. If you really want it then make an effort.

Needless to say, dear OP, NO.

Prototypemind
01.09.2014 , 10:50 AM | #8
How would we get a hold of such? The Dread Masters certainly aren't giving up their gear and selling it to the highest bidders. You want want they have? Earn it. There are too many posts lately asking for items that have to be earned to now be sold on the CM. The NiM EC speeder, the Red Sphere, this, and others. It's getting to be a little silly.

Alec_Fortescue
01.09.2014 , 11:56 AM | #9
It looks crap but it's the only item right now which can be even considered legendary. There is nothing else in the game that requires as much effort to get it as the crest.

dscount
01.09.2014 , 12:24 PM | #10
NO, just NO... I don't have one (YET), but I certainly know the pains to get one are not easy. Making it care bear buyable on CM is a worse idea than DEV's L2P and H2F commentary on Sage/Sorcs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
It looks crap but it's the only item right now which can be even considered legendary. There is nothing else in the game that requires as much effort to get it as the crest.
Totally agree with Alec! They need more Legendary items like this that are a PAIN to actually accomplish in order to get. Don't make it a meaningless achievement by splashing into CM.

Couple Suggestions:
  • Make it BOUND to LEGACY (So the four people of sixteen can move it around toons).
  • Put some REAL MOD'S into. Popping 69's into them was kind of silly ATM.
  • NEVER, NEVER put it on Cartel Market (Even a reskin of it). RUINS the accomplishment (IMHO)
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...