Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Changes - Game Update 2.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Marauder Changes - Game Update 2.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oofalong
10.17.2013 , 06:04 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Regardless of alacrity, I don't see how that actually help us beyond the opener!
Correct, I was sort of grasping at straws as I don't see a difference between 1s and 1.5s unless there are changes to OH or something.
Prophecy of the Five Are you Committed to SWTOR?
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Read my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

Aalya_Ardinn
10.17.2013 , 06:53 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
So my progression raid group should only have one Marauder now since bloodthrist can't be used by two people anymore? Whats the point of making the debuff last five minutes if that's how long the cool down on bloodthrist is? You should at least make it 2.5 minutes so a second Marauder can have more utility and value too a group.
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Probably that's exactly what they want, maybe the want to discourage to bringing a 2nd mara/sent into your group.
I am the second marauder in a progression group. This change makes me very sad.

edit to add: This game is already rather punishing for melee when ranged DPS can sit and turret and have higher consistent damage contribution. At least I had Bloodthirst as an ability I could use to buff our DPS overall and I could contribute to the group as a whole (and make up for the fact that I have to chase the boss around while our sniper just sits there and cranks out damage). It was also useful in situations where we just need a teensy bit of a boost to get past that one bit of content which will drop the comms/gear we need to, you know, progress. I don't think we were abusing it, I think we were using the ability in smart ways. You know, playing the game.
I'm second marauder in my prog group. I was happy they were keeping me around even if some people think you shouldn't take us at all, let alone a second. This just gives them even less reason to keep me around.

SomeJagoff
10.17.2013 , 07:36 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The way the ability works is that the 50% health cost happens at the end of the abilities duration, not based on when the ability activates but when it ends. That means in simple terms, under the best case scenario, when the ability ends you will go from 100% to 50% health.

-eric
hmm, guessing it's going to work sorta like Endure Pain, so you'll potentially end up with 1 hp at the end of the effect if you don't receive any healing and if you're being attacked when the effect ends.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

Cinerous
10.17.2013 , 07:54 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
hmm, guessing it's going to work sorta like Endure Pain, so you'll potentially end up with 1 hp at the end of the effect if you don't receive any healing and if you're being attacked when the effect ends.
so stupid. why change this at all. should be left as is.
Cinerous Cinerjizz and Versace
Prophecy of the Five
GM of <Tyrant>

znihilist
10.17.2013 , 08:07 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
Correct, I was sort of grasping at straws as I don't see a difference between 1s and 1.5s unless there are changes to OH or something.
What about battering assault ? Do all of the hits happen at the same time ?

Edit: Checking parses, it would seem the answer is yes all the hits happen at the same time.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

Ashuranrx
10.17.2013 , 08:36 PM | #36
To be honest, Marauders don't have a 4s stun like other DPS do. All DPS got a 4s stun, except Marauders. Why is there a need to punish our defensive cool downs? We sacrifice a stun for it.

Raansu
10.17.2013 , 08:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
To be honest, Marauders don't have a 4s stun like other DPS do. All DPS got a 4s stun, except Marauders. Why is there a need to punish our defensive cool downs? We sacrifice a stun for it.
Because we are totally OP during those 4 seconds and cant be rooted or stunned...oh wait....

It was a L2P issue for the most part. The ability was extremely predictable and easy to stop.

kennethdale
10.17.2013 , 08:45 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
What stun are you referring to? Sins/Sorcs, Mercs, and Snipers all have hard stun but the rest have a mez which we also have so...but seriously? You're complaining about survivability on a Mara?
55 Mercenary { Drekevac } rDPS || 55 Marauder { Kryu } mDPS
55 Sorcerer { Jahaerys } Heal
55 Juggernaut { Caryu } Tank || 55 Assassin { Vellys } Tank

Lecaja
10.17.2013 , 09:04 PM | #39
These changes don't effect the way I play, which was a concern as I am staring a new Mara character. This seems more for the PVP crowd which I don't really play other than to get the daily/weekly comms which I use to convert to Plantary commendations.

Lecaja
10.17.2013 , 09:21 PM | #40
I really hope they don't nerf Smash. Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight class is dependent on that ability and if they nerf it then there is no reason to play that Class. That said maybe they can grey out the "smash" in Warzones, duels, and other pvp content and replace it with a similar ability that deals out less damage. This way we can keep Smash for the vast majority of game content and keep the game balanced for those that like the PVP content which is very small relative to the rest of the game's content.