Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Chance of crit bugged??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Chance of crit bugged??

Historyhawk
10.21.2013 , 06:56 AM | #11
Its pretty obvious it has been changed, If someone is getting a lot of T.R. from slicing missions then those people would be the lucky ones. I have multiple slicers and all of them have suffered after patch. With the new patch that released oricon, now my cybertech and biochem missions are doing the exact same thing. Its quite simple when bioware chenged the fact we do not need isotope 5 to craft implants and ears they made the crit chance fall like a rock. Thermal regulators were critting way more often during the start of rothc, after all you have to get players geared up and you cant have each player only getting one T.R. crit per week when they play 12 toons.
Just my observation

DarthTHC
10.21.2013 , 09:37 AM | #12
There are a lot of generalities and theories in this thread but no concrete data.

For the people complaining of failing crits:

Is your companion at 10k affection? If not, get it there and try again.

Are you running only Unsliceable? If you're running the other one, you might consider stopping that.

Are you tracking successes and failures? You should be. This is the only way to get an accurate representation of your actual crit %.

Have you tracked over 100 Unsliceable missions using only pets with 10k affection? 100 is a ridiculously low number to get a reasonable read on actual crit %. 1,000 is better. 10,000 is fairly good. But your results mean nothing until you've tracked over 100 missions, and some would say way higher than that.

psandak
10.21.2013 , 12:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
There are a lot of generalities and theories in this thread but no concrete data.

For the people complaining of failing crits:

Is your companion at 10k affection? If not, get it there and try again.

Are you running only Unsliceable? If you're running the other one, you might consider stopping that.

Are you tracking successes and failures? You should be. This is the only way to get an accurate representation of your actual crit %.

Have you tracked over 100 Unsliceable missions using only pets with 10k affection? 100 is a ridiculously low number to get a reasonable read on actual crit %. 1,000 is better. 10,000 is fairly good. But your results mean nothing until you've tracked over 100 missions, and some would say way higher than that.
You are both right and wrong. Yes tracking one's results would put more credence into one's claims. However, to paraphrase, "One account with even a dozen characters is a ridiculously low number to get a reasonable read on actual crit %."

Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Most of your conclusions are just wishful thinking, there is no dependence of failure related to using same companion (done when it has + crit or any available with 10k affection if not have one), but if you use those with + efficiency they tend to fail less.
I have good example comparing character at level 15 with Treek and main companion only (using Treek as CS one) and ones with full squad on 10k (but no + crit in list) - Treek tend to fail less than others due to +5 efficiency even she is on constant Unclicable grind.
Watched pot boiled so many times for me that I can tell it wishful also.
I by no means meant that what I do helps in any REAL sense, in fact I said as much.
Quote:
My own anecdotal evidence shows that doing so results in more completely failed missions than when I "mix it up." I do not know if it has any real affect or not
I just seem to get a lot of crits, therefore as the Bud Light ad campaign says, "It's only weird if it doesn't work." In my case, what I do with missions appears to work...for ME. So it's not weird .

Believe me I have had some bad runs too. I just don't get worked up about them; I "yell" at the screen, ("Aw come on man!" or GDI), and move on.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

ozrique
10.21.2013 , 01:32 PM | #14
Greetings again,

So, after deciding to actually log my mission returns to actually have some data to back my claims up I have now collected enough proof on what I was doing wrong when I only received 2 crit returns over a period of over 90 days. First, the outcome:

Mission / Comp / Date / Result
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-17 / 5 BM Interface chip
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-17 / Failed
Unsliceable? / T7-01 /2013-10-18 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 5 BM Interface chip
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 2 TM, 5 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 4 BM Interface chip
Defenseless / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 4 BM, x
Unsliceable? / Kira / 2013-10-19 / 5 BM Interface chip
Watching the watchdogs / T7-01 / 2013-10-19 / 4 BM Interface chip
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-19 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Defenseless / T7-01 / 2013-10-19 / 4 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / Rusk / 2013-10-19 / 4 BM Interface chip
Unsliceable? / Rusk / 2013-10-19 / Failed
Watching the watchdogs / Kira /2013-10-19 / 4 BM Interface chip
Defenseless / T7-01 / 2013-10-19 / 3 BM
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-21 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / Kira / 2013-10-21 / 2 TM, 5 BM, x

// = 20 Thermal Regulators in 5 days

The above shows the outcome spanning over 5 days and I have critted a whole lot more than I would ever imagine. Now, why didn't I crit before? Here's why (most likely): I ALWAYS sent T7-01 thinking it would be the best since he's got +2 slicing critical and I almost ALWAYS (99% of the times) chose the Rich yield "Unsliceable?" mission.
When starting this experiment, I took psandak's post into account and sent different companions out, doing all the slicing missions rather than only a select one.

So, for those who very rarely crit - please take note on what I wrote above and give it a try. I'm convinced that I never critted because of the approach I had when sending my T7-01 out, working only on the Unsliceable mission.

I must finally add though, that I find it very misleading that T7-01 got +2 Slicing Critical since it didn't return anything on over 3 months.

Thanks to everyone who gave input on this, I am glad I could sort this out, and hope that this will become valuable information to others experiencing the same problem as I had!

edit: Prior to 2.0, I had the same approach and sent only T7 on rich yield missions. At that time it worked, now it doesn't.

Larkie
10.22.2013 , 07:49 AM | #15
Why are you wasting your time sending anyone out on that "defenseless" mission...I don't even know what it is because I would never think of using anything but Unsliceable/Watching and to be honest I almost never use watching...it's not really worth it either.

Every patch someone gets a run of bad luck and thinks the crit chance is broken..same as people used to do with RE when it was a lower chance. Human nature I guess.

morfius
10.22.2013 , 09:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ozrique View Post
Greetings again,

So, after deciding to actually log my mission returns to actually have some data to back my claims up I have now collected enough proof on what I was doing wrong when I only received 2 crit returns over a period of over 90 days. First, the outcome:

Mission / Comp / Date / Result
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-17 / Failed
Unsliceable? / T7-01 /2013-10-18 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 2 TM, 5 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 4 BM Interface chip
Defenseless / T7-01 / 2013-10-18 / 4 BM, x
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-19 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / Rusk / 2013-10-19 / 4 BM Interface chip
Unsliceable? / Rusk / 2013-10-19 / Failed
Watching the watchdogs / Kira /2013-10-19 / 4 BM Interface chip
Defenseless / T7-01 / 2013-10-19 / 3 BM
Unsliceable? / T7-01 / 2013-10-21 / 4 TM, 6 BM, x
Watching the watchdogs / Kira / 2013-10-21 / 2 TM, 5 BM, x

// = 20 Thermal Regulators in 5 days

The above shows the outcome spanning over 5 days and I have critted a whole lot more than I would ever imagine. Now, why didn't I crit before? Here's why (most likely): I ALWAYS sent T7-01 thinking it would be the best since he's got +2 slicing critical and I almost ALWAYS (99% of the times) chose the Rich yield "Unsliceable?" mission.
When starting this experiment, I took psandak's post into account and sent different companions out, doing all the slicing missions rather than only a select one.

So, for those who very rarely crit - please take note on what I wrote above and give it a try. I'm convinced that I never critted because of the approach I had when sending my T7-01 out, working only on the Unsliceable mission.

I must finally add though, that I find it very misleading that T7-01 got +2 Slicing Critical since it didn't return anything on over 3 months.

Thanks to everyone who gave input on this, I am glad I could sort this out, and hope that this will become valuable information to others experiencing the same problem as I had!

edit: Prior to 2.0, I had the same approach and sent only T7 on rich yield missions. At that time it worked, now it doesn't.
Do not run anything else than Unclicble, 1st of all only Rich & Bountiful mats missions return TR when crit, 2nd - WtW returns only 2 on almost same price as Unclicible.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

psandak
10.22.2013 , 12:16 PM | #17
Do not run anything else than Unclicble, 1st of all only Rich & Bountiful mats missions return TR when crit, 2nd - WtW returns only 2 on almost same price as Unclicible.
But if the difficulty of the mission is part of what determines the chance to crit, the bountiful mission is "easier," and so should crit more often and outright fail less. Therefore over the long haul, it pays to run bountiful missions.

I started tracking ALL my mission results last night into this morning. I KNOW that this is a small sample:

- I ran WTW four times and got two crits (4TRs+10BMIC) 50% crit rate
- I ran Unsliceable five time and got one crit (4TRs+6BMIC) 20% crit rate

But when expanded to include all the bountiful and rich missions (I ran 101 in total: gathering and mission skills):

- bountiful: 8 crits in 39 missions or 20.5% crit rate
- rich: 7 crits in 62 missions or 11.3% crit rate

Furthermore, across all the missions I ran (115), eight came back total failure:

- bountiful: 1 failure in 39 missions or 2.6% fail rate
- rich: 7 failures in 62 missions or 11.3% fail rate
- zero failures on the moderate and abundant missions I ran (mostly moderate "vendor crafting material" missions)
- ran two wealthy missions as well (they cannot fail).

Obviously more data needs to be gathered and I will continue to track my efforts, but so far your assertions and assumptions (quoted above) have no basis in fact. Even if bountiful missions were to cost the same as rich missions, because they crit more and fail less, even with lesser results, they are worth running.

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

ozrique
10.22.2013 , 03:00 PM | #18
Running only Unsliceable got me (Jedi Sentinel, 10K affection gain on companions, TOFN) 8 TRs on a period over 94 days. Not very successful

morfius
10.23.2013 , 09:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
But if the difficulty of the mission is part of what determines the chance to crit, the bountiful mission is "easier," and so should crit more often and outright fail less. Therefore over the long haul, it pays to run bountiful missions.

I started tracking ALL my mission results last night into this morning. I KNOW that this is a small sample:

- I ran WTW four times and got two crits (4TRs+10BMIC) 50% crit rate
- I ran Unsliceable five time and got one crit (4TRs+6BMIC) 20% crit rate

But when expanded to include all the bountiful and rich missions (I ran 101 in total: gathering and mission skills):

- bountiful: 8 crits in 39 missions or 20.5% crit rate
- rich: 7 crits in 62 missions or 11.3% crit rate

Furthermore, across all the missions I ran (115), eight came back total failure:

- bountiful: 1 failure in 39 missions or 2.6% fail rate
- rich: 7 failures in 62 missions or 11.3% fail rate
- zero failures on the moderate and abundant missions I ran (mostly moderate "vendor crafting material" missions)
- ran two wealthy missions as well (they cannot fail).

Obviously more data needs to be gathered and I will continue to track my efforts, but so far your assertions and assumptions (quoted above) have no basis in fact. Even if bountiful missions were to cost the same as rich missions, because they crit more and fail less, even with lesser results, they are worth running.
I will check again but I think they have same color at 450 = same chance to crit.
About other - I was doing them both before, now simply doubled amount of slicers just to drop WtW - my experience with those 2 exactly was not as yours.
There is something weird here... maybe same that rise to others that have 100 missions without crit.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

psandak
10.23.2013 , 10:15 AM | #20
And this is why you never post only one day's data: I had a complete turn around in the crit rates:

Since 10/21 I have sent companions out to do 227 different tasks: missions and crafting; moderate, bountiful, rich, and wealthy; premium, prototype, and artifact. In that time, my characters' companions ran 81 Bountiful missions, got 12 crits and two failures. as well as ran 92 Rich missions and got 16 crits and nine failures:

- bountiful crit rate is 14.81% and fail rate is 2.47%
- rich crit rate is 17.4% and fail rate is 9.78%

Getting specific with slicing:

- WTW: three crits in nine attempts, zero failures: 33.33% crit rate
- Unsliceable: three crits in 11 attempts, zero failures: 27.27% crit rate

I will keep tracking...