Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game trying to play outside my screens resolution rate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game trying to play outside my screens resolution rate

sshevlin
12.13.2011 , 02:09 PM | #1
I played in Beta without any issues. However, now when game starts my screen goes black and says the vertical and horizontal values are outside range. I do not see any way to adjust game settings outside the game client running. Any advice? My screen Resolution is 1400x 900 60mhz

Paltn
12.13.2011 , 02:11 PM | #2
Got the same problem

Scerge
12.13.2011 , 02:12 PM | #3
Got the same issue here dude.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 02:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sshevlin View Post
I played in Beta without any issues. However, now when game starts my screen goes black and says the vertical and horizontal values are outside range. I do not see any way to adjust game settings outside the game client running. Any advice? My screen Resolution is 1400x 900 60mhz
As per this thread:

Quote:
Some people can get in to the game by modifying the default Fullscreen option. To do so, locate the client_defaults.ini file located in the installation directory of the game. By default it is located at:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient
Open the file in a text editor and modify the value FullScreen=true to FullScreen=false.
Save the file and try restarting the game.
Hope that helps?
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Paltn
12.13.2011 , 02:27 PM | #5
Heres what worked for me, tip I got from surfing this forum some. (thank you "sorn")

Go into the file "client_defaults" and change "FullScreen=true" to "FullScreen=false"

That lets you start the game in windowed mode, then change the refreshrate from 100 to 60 witch your screen should be able to accept.
Exit game, and change back the "FullScreen=false" to "FullScreen=true" again.
Start the game again and smile over the succes (hopefully)

Scerge
12.13.2011 , 02:35 PM | #6
That worked, many thanks!
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.