Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double Stacking Power Relic

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paowee
10.17.2013 , 12:27 PM | #21
Here are two 20 second videos of this in effect

1st video is without the self-heal talent = looks like it is working as intended. 2 power surge buffs
  • You can see my Power rating jump from 2500 then back to normal at 1300.

2nd video is WITH a self-heal talent = 3 power surge buffs instead of 2
  • You can see my Power rating jump from 1300 to 2500 to 1900 before going back to my normal 1300 power.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

EvgenijM
10.17.2013 , 01:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hey there folks,

This is a bug that we're quite aware of, and we're working on a fix for Game Update 2.4.2, and to clarify any confusion, it is absolutely not intended for relics that have the same on-hit effect to stack.

We'll be adding this to the Known Issues with the next update.

Thank you Amber for letting us know.
Could you also give us any insight about bugs with some other relics?

For example:
  • Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution procs every 20 seconds instead of 40 seconds mentioned in description (how about Dread Forged?)
  • Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution does not work in warzones at all
  • Description for Dread Forged Relic of the Shrouded Crusader says it gives bonus for 20 seconds, while previous tier relics worked for 30 seconds (e.g. Underworld Relic of the Shrouded Crusader).

Regards!

dipstik
10.17.2013 , 04:15 PM | #23
this makes me really sad. bioware went through 3-5 relic fixes, that just made them worse than intended, until we got to the state we are in now, which works to the benefit of the players. i am most upset that players were calling this a bug, when it was working better than ever. are they going to make the warding relic now share a lockout with the defense and absorb proc? is the new crit proc relic going to be on a lockout with the proc power? their intentions are not really clear. with the way the relics are working at present, players get to make the choice between any relics, and get the full effect of their choices. if they break them (its not a fix) then we are going to ahve our choices limited, which is bad game design (imo).

EvgenijM
10.17.2013 , 04:31 PM | #24
I personally believe situation with relics after 2.4 is a disaster. Whatever role you play (tank, healer, dps) and whichever BiS combination of relics you get, whether they are PvP or PvE relics or a mix of both, they will NOT work as intended or specified in their description. To put it another way, whatever 2 relics you get, they either are not working now or will not work after some time later.

idnewton
10.24.2013 , 11:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by arlanon View Post
time to get nekkid
SENSE

THlS COMMENT MAKES NONE
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +30,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.

AdrianDmitruk
10.25.2013 , 12:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EvgenijM View Post
I personally believe situation with relics after 2.4 is a disaster. Whatever role you play (tank, healer, dps) and whichever BiS combination of relics you get, whether they are PvP or PvE relics or a mix of both, they will NOT work as intended or specified in their description. To put it another way, whatever 2 relics you get, they either are not working now or will not work after some time later.
Relics have been a disaster ever since 2.0. (Power procs double stacked then, too, in addition to all the silliness with bolster bugs.) 2.4 simply served as a reminder.

Give us static relics back pl0x
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

idnewton
10.25.2013 , 01:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Relics have been a disaster ever since 2.0. (Power procs double stacked then, too, in addition to all the silliness with bolster bugs.) 2.4 simply served as a reminder.

Give us static relics back pl0x
I'm not opposed to this idea, even for PvE relics. Although keeping the clicky relics might be a good idea, having an extra cooldown is always nice. For PvP, you don't get that anyways though, so PvP relics imo should definitely be static stats.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +30,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.

revcrisis
10.28.2013 , 12:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hey there folks,

This is a bug that we're quite aware of, and we're working on a fix for Game Update 2.4.2, and to clarify any confusion, it is absolutely not intended for relics that have the same on-hit effect to stack.

We'll be adding this to the Known Issues with the next update.

Hi AmberGreen,

I noticed that this fix is not listed in the 2.4.2 patch notes. Has it been delayed?

Thanks!

dipstik
10.28.2013 , 03:01 PM | #30
stop calling it a fix... they are going to re-break our relics.