Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Treek worth getting?

Senden
10.14.2013 , 04:48 AM | #1
Going to make a LS Sith Assassin and thinking of getting Treek to replace Khem because tbh, Khem doesn't fit with a LS character at all and tbh, find him a little boring. What's people's thoughts on Treek? Does he have a specific role? Does he have conversations/story like other companions?

Drudenfusz
10.14.2013 , 04:54 AM | #2
First: Treek is a she not a he! She has a handful conversations, not much and nothing really interesting. She can be healer or tank, and I can say I think she is a good healer (didn't used her as tank yet, so I cannot comment on that).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Roalmo
10.14.2013 , 05:30 AM | #3
Treek can use some of her heals while in tank stance. She seems to be the best tank for healer types, sort of like Corso in that she flies to target and keeps aggro well.

Hyfy
10.14.2013 , 05:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
First: Treek is a she not a he! She has a handful conversations, not much and nothing really interesting. She can be healer or tank, and I can say I think she is a good healer (didn't used her as tank yet, so I cannot comment on that).
Treek is an awesome little tank too. She's tough as nails for one. Geared right she still does some good damage in both tanking and healing stance for two. And while in her tanking stance she will still toss out heals (which does reduce downtime for regen after fights too), not as good as it would be in her healing stance but still significant none the less for three. And if I recall correctly her healing she does use even while in tank stance has got a cleanse integrated with it . In summation, Treek is a BAMF.

So OP, I'd say she was definitely worth it.

P.S. Also as another added perk, when you get her she comes with not 1 but 2 complete moddable gear sets. That includes 2 off hand shields (though 1 should've been a generator I won't nit pick over it) and doubles of her head, chest, gloves, waist, legs, feet, and wrists for keeping a set for tanking and for healing depending on your need.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

UltimateKrucible
10.14.2013 , 05:59 AM | #5
She also comes with a +5 crafting mission crit chance .....

Tbh that's all I use her for. I got her at 55 and the cost and hassle of upgrading her gear means she's pretty much just an extra crafting monkey.

And her high-pitched jibber jabber gets old real fast.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Corsiero
10.14.2013 , 06:00 AM | #6
Khem Val might not fit with a LS SI but try to role play it that way. Talk down to Khem in character, it's much more engaging than a Ewok mercenary from some unknown backwater planet if you plan on RP levelling.

If on the other hand you don't care too much about conversation choices, pick Treek as a better overall companion as she can both heal and tank and can easily be geared up. I personally tried to stick with Khem so I could level in character and he seemed to suit my SI better even after I got Ashara and wanted to romance her, I felt it was better to have a running argument with Khem the entire way and he's a pretty decent tank.

Nickious
10.14.2013 , 06:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
She also comes with a +5 crafting mission crit chance .....

Tbh that's all I use her for. I got her at 55 and the cost and hassle of upgrading her gear means she's pretty much just an extra crafting monkey.

And her high-pitched jibber jabber gets old real fast.
Its a +5 efficiency not +5 critical. She only has a +1 Critical.

Draksen
10.14.2013 , 06:08 AM | #8
A healer or a tank, but:

As a healer she does some good dps too, and as a tank she heals also.
Definitively worth it!
Lιsto Gαllακι Kιnιgo Gαllακι

Thε Rεd Eclιpsε PvE / EU

Ardarell_Solo
10.14.2013 , 06:29 AM | #9
Strongest companion in the game by far, for all of the reasons listed above.

Only downside: Her constant yelling in that silly language of hers tends to freak you out after a while ^^
El'ethon (Sentinel) T3-M4

Hyfy
10.14.2013 , 06:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Strongest companion in the game by far, for all of the reasons listed above.

Only downside: Her constant yelling in that silly language of hers tends to freak you out after a while ^^
Yeah that is about the only check in the cons column.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid