Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Well Will This Computer Run Swtor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How Well Will This Computer Run Swtor

WestXv
10.13.2013 , 08:48 PM | #2
I got no clue but it runs great on mine and also I have no clue what mine is cause it was custom built but its probably about equal to that one. Maybe better.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

Nethgilne
10.13.2013 , 08:55 PM | #3
It'll run just fine. Just make sure the OS is the 64 bit version. it probably is already Other wise that 16 gb of ram is wasted.

Throwing in a solid state hard drive helps tremendously with loading times. Or, with a 64 bit OS and the 16 GB of ram you can just run SWTOR unleashed.

spectreclees
10.13.2013 , 09:18 PM | #4
You should explore options. Try sites like Newegg.com or cyberpower.com/ibuypower.com make your own pc for less customized to your liking. Get a buddy who has experience to help you build it.

WestXv
10.13.2013 , 09:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
You should explore options. Try sites like Newegg.com or cyberpower.com/ibuypower.com make your own pc for less customized to your liking. Get a buddy who has experience to help you build it.
My buddy built mine with my help but now I got no f****** clue what parts we used as he's the one who suggested them and he doesn't remember so all I know about my custom computer is it glows blue and can run just about anything with no problem. Sometimes I've had 2 mmos open at the same time although the speed goes way down if I do that. Although this comment probably has very little to do with this thread.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

Smuglebunny
10.13.2013 , 10:38 PM | #6
Yes that computer will run swtor fine. As a computer repair tech, I wouldn't buy that PC but there is nothing wrong with it and it will play swtor.

I am playing swtor on a laptop with a core2duo 2.4GHz 6GB ram and an nVidia 9600m GT 512mb.

That pc is fine.

Szulla
10.13.2013 , 11:02 PM | #7
It should work fine. However take into consideration what you want your PC to do. If your replacing a PC for a better one, consider build your own, or getting a DIY package, and adding your OS. Both options offer personal choice of components and no preloaded software and other nonsense, which will slow you down. SSD drive is the way to go for OS loading, and program speed. Research all your options before you buy a pre-packaged big box retail PC. Good luck and happy gaming!

tigersport
10.14.2013 , 11:42 AM | #8
As to not start a new thread:

I am having hard fps issues, and would really appreciate someone with spec knowledge to please tell me my limiting factor.

Intel i5 CPU, M 460 @ 2.53 GHz
6 GB Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1 GB)
64-Bit Windows
1366x768 display (default)

I played at launch, ran fine at medium graphics, then recently came back on same setup and just have bomb drops to 4-8 fps. Have tried:
Settings to minimum
Resolution Drop
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594527

Joesixxpack
10.14.2013 , 12:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieCiircus View Post
The specs given should work fine with this game. Like someone else said though it'd be good to confirm it'll have 64 bit Windows.

It doesn't give component details so no clue on piece performance.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

RotaniimoD
10.14.2013 , 01:20 PM | #10
You are better of building your own pc, from Newegg or NCIX. Trust me yo ucan get something much better then this for around the same price.