Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buying a speeder from GTN...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Buying a speeder from GTN...

GRIDBUG
10.12.2013 , 07:35 PM | #1
Quick question here: if my speeder skill is only at Level 1 and I buy a speeder from the Galactic Trade Network, will I get the speed boost of that speeder or will I still have to wait until I can unlock Level 2 from my trainer?

Nickious
10.12.2013 , 07:37 PM | #2
You have to buy the second upgrade in order to move at that speed. Same applies to 3rd upgrade.

GRIDBUG
10.12.2013 , 07:40 PM | #3
Ah, thanks! Also, can I just outright purchase the next speeder training level or do I have to wait until my character reaches a certain level first?

Nickious
10.12.2013 , 07:43 PM | #4
You have to wait until they reach the appropriate level. Alternatively there is a perk you can buy that enables you to purchase access to that speeder upgrade at a earlier level.

PlacidDragon
10.12.2013 , 07:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GRIDBUG View Post
Ah, thanks! Also, can I just outright purchase the next speeder training level or do I have to wait until my character reaches a certain level first?
Its level based (you can also unlock it a tad earlier through legacy unlocks for money).
CE & DDE

GRIDBUG
10.12.2013 , 07:47 PM | #6
Understood, thanks for the info everyone! Side question: has anyone found out the speed boost percentage that the JA-3 speeder will have? Still have half a month to wait and while it does look cool, if it's only a 90% (standard) increase it sort of defeats the purpose. What would be great is if there was a way to skin different speeder designs over "better" speeders...

Nickious
10.12.2013 , 07:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GRIDBUG View Post
Understood, thanks for the info everyone! Side question: has anyone found out the speed boost percentage that the JA-3 speeder will have? Still have half a month to wait and while it does look cool, if it's only a 90% (standard) increase it sort of defeats the purpose. What would be great is if there was a way to skin different speeder designs over "better" speeders...

I assume this reward speeder is a adaptive speeder so it would get the maximum speed as you soon as you have purchased the corresponding levels for it.

GRIDBUG
10.12.2013 , 07:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
I assume this reward speeder is a adaptive speeder so it would get the maximum speed as you soon as you have purchased the corresponding levels for it.
That would be ideal. Let's hope!

Soul_of_Flames
10.12.2013 , 08:13 PM | #9
There are 4 types of speeders currently in the game:
Rank 1
Rank 2,
Rank 3
Adaptive

Rank 1 requires Rank 1 Speeder piloting from your trainer. Rank 2 requires Rank 2 Piloting and Rank 3 requires Rank 3 Piloting. If you have a Rank 2 speeder with only Rank 1 of piloting, you will not be able to use it until you learn Rank 2.

However, adaptive speeders (basically every Cartel Speeder) are speeders that adapt to your current rank of piloting. Meaning no matter what rank of piloting you are, you can ride an adaptive speeder. Not only that, but the adaptive speeder will adjust to your rank's speed. So if you are rank 1, the adaptive speeder will give a 90% speed bonus, but once you learn rank 2, the adaptive speeder will suddenly go at a 100% speed bonus.

ajmhornet
10.13.2013 , 06:45 AM | #10
You can use legacy unlocks to enable speeder riding 3 from level 1 and therefore use any speeder in your collection, assuming you have the CC or credits to spare ofc. It certainly makes running around the starting planets a bit less of a chore,