Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fixing Jedi and Sith Robes.


HundeThutt's Avatar


HundeThutt
12.21.2011 , 07:21 PM | #1
Not to out right insult the art stylings of BioWares talent. Because I do like the design.

I just believe the Jedi and Sith robes need a couple tweaks to mirror the advertisements if you will.

My examples are here, players want to see flowing robes over armor as such:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku...yhb5o1_500.jpg





But what we are seeing are things like these:

http://www.nemesis-guild.net/gfx/sith_warrior_prog.jpg


http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...rauder-TOR.jpg



Now I understand, you may hate my opinion, however

As you can see Here, Trooper is actually represented extremely well:

http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/.../ss04_full.jpg

Both in-game, and in Media:

http://fr.flash-screen.com/free-wall...Trooper+.html#



I even understand armors like this:


http://sithwarriorguide.com/wp-conte...juggernaut.jpg

Ubese armor and all that.

But what I suggest is a simple fix, simply remove the belt that the robes are tucked under, to give a more free flowing look.

What we have are partial vest-robes with capes attached... It looks kind of ridiculous.

I know what BioWare is capable of:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...evan_super.jpg

Perhaps not the best example, there are not many.

Is there a reason behind not allowing free flowing robes over armor?

Such as depicted here:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...Jedi_Revan.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/reprobe3.png/

I just don't see it as something that is *hard* to change, it would be more pleasing to the eye. Make more sense, and generally wouldn't turn all Jedi armor into:

http://images-mediawiki-sites.theful...2800784490.jpg

Show your support, or even your contempt, what do you think?

Selaik's Avatar


Selaik
12.21.2011 , 07:26 PM | #2
Agree 100000000% about the Jedi heavy armorer , I thought it was going to be like your pick or clone wars , so much better looking and makes sense ,

WoodyDave's Avatar


WoodyDave
12.21.2011 , 07:27 PM | #3
I think you posted a spoiler picture in here, and will have your thread deleted

HundeThutt's Avatar


HundeThutt
12.21.2011 , 07:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WoodyDave View Post
I think you posted a spoiler picture in here, and will have your thread deleted
Doubt it.

HundeThutt's Avatar


HundeThutt
12.21.2011 , 07:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Selaik View Post
Agree 100000000% about the Jedi heavy armorer , I thought it was going to be like your pick or clone wars , so much better looking and makes sense ,
This is what I thought as well.

Elarion's Avatar


Elarion
12.21.2011 , 07:51 PM | #6
Most of the end game Jedi Armor makes me cringe. The set with the armor under the robe and hood down is very nice but I'm yet to see it in game. Also what is with the sunglasses as helmets for Jedi? I understand it is a way to make the helmet look visible under the robe and hardens back to KOTOR but it is just plain ugly.

Also going to hijack the thread a little and say I want an option to not show helmet on companions. When I eventually get Lord Scourge he is gonna look terribad with his sunburn and sunglasses.
Corbec lvl 50 Vanguard - Master Dar'Nala
Atticus lvl 50 Guardian - Master Dar'Nala

HundeThutt's Avatar


HundeThutt
12.21.2011 , 09:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elarion View Post
Most of the end game Jedi Armor makes me cringe. The set with the armor under the robe and hood down is very nice but I'm yet to see it in game. Also what is with the sunglasses as helmets for Jedi? I understand it is a way to make the helmet look visible under the robe and hardens back to KOTOR but it is just plain ugly.

Also going to hijack the thread a little and say I want an option to not show helmet on companions. When I eventually get Lord Scourge he is gonna look terribad with his sunburn and sunglasses.
Yeah, I am just not sure what they are going for with some of these designs. I'd thought since they are perfectly capable of creating stylish iconic looks.. why not make it more available?

Rayje's Avatar


Rayje
12.21.2011 , 09:16 PM | #8
granted I haven't gotten far (a shadow to mid 20's) but I'm not entirely against the robes as is. although I wish we had normal long sleeves on the ones I've seen as opposed to the short sleeve with another tighter sleeve underneath

HundeThutt's Avatar


HundeThutt
12.21.2011 , 09:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayje View Post
granted I haven't gotten far (a shadow to mid 20's) but I'm not entirely against the robes as is. although I wish we had normal long sleeves on the ones I've seen as opposed to the short sleeve with another tighter sleeve underneath
It's just from what I've seen, there just isn't any selection that is a robe over armor.

And it seems the only examples I find are on some NPCs.

HundeThutt's Avatar


HundeThutt
12.21.2011 , 10:36 PM | #10
I guess people see it as a non-issue.