Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Tanking Relics (2.5 Upcoming changes)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Assassin Tanking Relics (2.5 Upcoming changes)

Jaspless
10.11.2013 , 12:32 PM | #1
Hello,

Can anyone tell me the BiS relics for an Assassin tank after they make the changes come 2.5? We won't be able to heal ourselves anymore, meaning the EM relic will be worthless. Also, there are some new relics available with the current 2.4 content.

I'm fairly certain the Relic of Fortunate Redoubt will still be BiS, but I'm wondering what will replace the EM relic.

Tyeshali
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.

dipstik
10.11.2013 , 12:50 PM | #2
most fights the new warding and def proc will be BiS.

CgSquall
10.11.2013 , 01:12 PM | #3
I'm actually curious with them fixing the warding relic soon, is that going to nerf its PvE abilities as well? Because from my original understanding I thought it was supposed to essentially be similar to the Sonic Barrier/Sonic Wall but that anyone could use, not "omgwtfbbq OP"

Jaspless
10.11.2013 , 05:42 PM | #4
How are they changing the Warding relic?
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.

Razzberry
10.11.2013 , 06:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CgSquall View Post
I'm actually curious with them fixing the warding relic soon, is that going to nerf its PvE abilities as well? Because from my original understanding I thought it was supposed to essentially be similar to the Sonic Barrier/Sonic Wall but that anyone could use, not "omgwtfbbq OP"
The non-OP Warding relic is still BiS (dipstik's calculations were based on the intended behaviour). Right now, it's just super OP and even better. I believe it's absorbing all damage in the 6s window that it is active.
Rul - Sith Juggernaut - The Shadowlands
The Drunk Tanks

Jaspless
10.25.2013 , 11:53 AM | #6
So for an Assassin tank the Fortunate Redoubt and Reactive Warding are BiS? Is that a typo or is RW really a 40 second ICD?

SithTyre
10.25.2013 , 03:05 PM | #7
I'm guessing all tanks BiS would be RW and Fortunate Redoubt. Its what I run on both Jugg and Assassin.

Ancaglon
10.30.2013 , 10:31 AM | #8
It's likely to take me quite a while to get the Dread Forged Reactive Warding relic but I could get the Obroan one (PVP tier 2) one with a little bit of effort -- I'm assuming that 1 less endurance and 8 less power (compared to the Arkanian one) is significantly outweighed by the 620 more damage absorption.

Arkanian Relic of Reactive Warding: +89 Endurance +29 Power
On Hit: Incoming attacks have a 30% chance to grant an Absorb Shield that protects the user from 740 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 40 seconds. It will not trigger inside of PvP areas.

vs:

Obroan Relic of Reactive Warding: +88 Endurance +109 Expertise Rating +21 Power
On Hit: Incoming attacks have a 30% chance to grant an Absorb Shield that protects the user from 1360 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 40 seconds.

(Why is there no Underworld version of this Relic?)

dipstik
10.30.2013 , 11:05 AM | #9
yeah, i was suprised to learn that the pvp relics are ezmode to get and equally powerful, and apply in pvp and pve.

KeyboardNinja
10.30.2013 , 12:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
yeah, i was suprised to learn that the pvp relics are ezmode to get and equally powerful, and apply in pvp and pve.
I'd really like to see them restrict PvP relics to just warzones. After all, PvE relics don't work in PvP.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017