Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Current PvP Relic Bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Telanis
10.10.2013 , 11:30 AM | #21
It's not just the Obroan SA, people, the Partisan and Conqueror SA's also stack with a PvE SA.

Alec_Fortescue
10.10.2013 , 11:35 AM | #22
Folks like healers and dpsers have no reason to equip the relic without its "special" effect. This is clearly exploiting and they are well aware of what they were doing. Really disappointed at your stance, especially since you're banning players right away when it comes to "severe economic exploits" and cartel market. How is PvP and gaining unfair advantage over others less important than that?

http://kotaku.com/5940005/guild-wars...er-3000-people

GW2 devs handled it right. Player should be given a message. This is very disturbing as it lasted many days and people were completely clueless on why enemy party was entering a god mode suddenly.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Raansu
10.10.2013 , 11:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Cool. Can't beat em, join em. Good to know your position on it.
You can't ban people who have done nothing wrong. Yes technically it can be perceived as exploitative, but at the end of the day players are not doing anything outside the parameters of the game. They are not glitching or doing something that intentionally breaks the code. They are simply using an item that can be purchased in a legit manner. Do I agree with those currently taking advantage of a bugged relic? No, definitely not, but banning people for using it is the wrong course of action considering you could easily ban someone who had no idea it was even bugged.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of emergency maintenance whenever something in pvp breaks but something extremely minor in pve breaks and they take the server down the next day. That is really the only thing that frustrates me.

SithEBM
10.10.2013 , 11:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Thanks for the update.

Translation...

PVPers: Suck it up buttercup. Go LOS behind that wall with the Sorc/Sage that is doing a H2F while the OP Relic exploit is loose.

eric - can you get them to "Break" the Healing Relic next? I'd but one of them if they do. LOL
The relic affects PvE too.

SithEBM
10.10.2013 , 11:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric
So you're going to fix PvP/PvE before the weekend?

Competitive PvP was dead on PoT5 before people found out about this bug and now you're just giving more people an incentive to leave. My sub ends in 2 weeks and unless you turn PvP around, I will never play this game again.

Also:

Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Any chance you could change the PvP relics back to being static stat gains? Adding RNG is never good for PvP, and I think the majority of PvPers would prefer to see the static stat relics return.

Or can you explain the logic on why clicky-buff relics were replaced with static stat gain relics, but have decided to remove the static stat gain relics for proc relics now?

TUXs
10.10.2013 , 12:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of emergency maintenance whenever something in pvp breaks but something extremely minor in pve breaks and they take the server down the next day. That is really the only thing that frustrates me.
I completely agree - the lack of any urgency with this is shocking.

I'm not going to intentionally gimp myself...so I guess I'm stupid to NOT use it. Sad...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

PacifismActivist
10.10.2013 , 12:23 PM | #27
my rating didn't reset after a year and a half pre-season, therefore, PvP is not important. - The bioware game ruining team (they call it development for some reason)

Avicii
10.10.2013 , 04:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Cool. Can't beat em, join em. Good to know your position on it.
Apparently.

Typical reaction from BW, people will intentionally abuse it and continue to till BW takes action. Anyone that doesn't want to play with an exploited mechanic will have to bend over or not play.

Most players will always take the path of least resistance which is why they reroll OP classes, run cheese comps, require gear checks/vent for regs ect. When there is an exploit they will justify it to themselves and exploit away unless swift and decisive action is taken. Emergency patch, apologize to those using it as intended but for balance and fairness this is the step we choice. Show the community for once you actually listen and care.

Or ignore the issue, which encourages others to purchase said items to be on even ground. Then when they finally get around to fixing it people will QQ because they had to buy them because BW didnt take action and want a refund, this the circle of forum QQ continues.

Gomex
10.10.2013 , 04:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.
Doubt they even know about this

Even if they did, they've been keeping it hush hush till enough complains about it and soon exploited like this new godmode relic.

brokenspiders
10.10.2013 , 04:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric

It is not a bannable offense? READ YOUR OWN CODE OF CONDUCT.

Quote:
Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.
Sure as hell seems against the TOS to me. Im sure with your "metrics" you can see who is exploiting the bug and who isn't. If they can't, what the hell use are they, and how can you justify balancing a game against Metrics that feed you exactly zero information?