Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Current PvP Relic Bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
10.10.2013 , 10:21 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Thanks for the heads-up! Is using the relic in PvE or PvP considered a bannable offense or can we use it until it is fixed?
It is not a bannable offense and we do not intend to action folks who have used it. The reason is that although some may realize it is unintended and try to use it to their advantage until it is fixed. Some folks may simply have the relic and be using the item they bought, completely unaware that they are using a bugged item.

Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Roysten's Avatar


Roysten
10.10.2013 , 10:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KamujinKravshera View Post
I disagree. I think everyone should use it until it's fixed. It's the only fair thing to do.

Asking people to not use it just disadvantages them against those who do.
Or just stop pvping at 55, because after trying to cap mid with a sniper exploiting this in NC, and being delayed for close to a month by an assassin using it at snow in CW, I am happy to say objective pvp is plain broken by it. It isn't the good players I know using the blue swirly cheese its those desperate for some kind of leg up, if everyone used this item you might as well just roll a dice at the start of a match to see who wins.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.10.2013 , 10:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Because of that we are going to just leave it in place as is and then work to get it fixed ASAP.

-eric
Cool. Can't beat em, join em. Good to know your position on it.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Morde_'s Avatar


Morde_
10.10.2013 , 10:32 AM | #14
Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
10.10.2013 , 10:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the current bug with a certain PvP relic and it's unintended consequences. We are working to get a fix to this ASAP and will update you as I know more.

As a note, the current state of that relic is 100% not intended. That is the reason this post is being very generic as to what the relic is and what it does. I wanted to make sure we acknowledged it so that you guys knew we are working on it.

Due to the unintended effects of this issue, we will continue to remove posts about the relic in question. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric
Any chance you could change the PvP relics back to being static stat gains? Adding RNG is never good for PvP, and I think the majority of PvPers would prefer to see the static stat relics return.

Or can you explain the logic on why clicky-buff relics were replaced with static stat gain relics, but have decided to remove the static stat gain relics for proc relics now?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Morde_'s Avatar


Morde_
10.10.2013 , 10:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Any chance you could change the PvP relics back to being static stat gains? Adding RNG is never good for PvP, and I think the majority of PvPers would prefer to see the static stat relics return.
Yes this too.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
10.10.2013 , 10:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Any chance you could change the PvP relics back to being static stat gains? Adding RNG is never good for PvP, and I think the majority of PvPers would prefer to see the static stat relics return.

Or can you explain the logic on why clicky-buff relics were replaced with static stat gain relics, but have decided to remove the static stat gain relics for proc relics now?
Agreed. I'd much rather have my static relics back.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

Lyneigh's Avatar


Lyneigh
10.10.2013 , 10:40 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Eric,

While the developers are looking in the relic code, please ask them to also look at how the Conquerer and Obroan power procs are stacking at the same time, when they should be on the same cooldown.
Scoldy, shhhhhhh. Moar powarrrrrr!
Lyneigh | Avahlyn | Beatrice | Elleni
Blaes | Beralyn | Lynah | Berenice
Arcadian Legacy - H2F on The Bastion

Glower's Avatar


Glower
10.10.2013 , 10:55 AM | #19
How about power relics stacking? This is a bug or not?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Projawa's Avatar


Projawa
10.10.2013 , 11:04 AM | #20
Is it intended that the Obroan Serendipitous Assault relic stacks with PVE Serendipitous Assault relics? If not, please fix this as well so that our ops parses are more accurate, thanks.