Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MMORPG: "Not Quite Jump to Lightspeed, But I値l Take It"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
MMORPG: "Not Quite Jump to Lightspeed, But I値l Take It"

The_Grand_Nagus
10.09.2013 , 04:28 PM | #1
There is a new article up at MMORPG.com about the upcoming "Galactic Starfighter" expansion:

Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Bitton

With the amount of information recently datamined out of Star Wars: The Old Republic痴 files for the upcoming 全uper Secret Space Project it seemed like an actual announcement had to be imminent. Yesterday, BioWare officially unveiled 敵alactic Starfighter, the second digital expansion to Star Wars: The Old Republic. Surprise!
Read the full article here. Do you agree or disagree with what Michael Bitton has to say? Is the expac more or less than you were hoping for?
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Darth_Victus
10.09.2013 , 04:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
There is a new article up at MMORPG.com about the upcoming "Galactic Starfighter" expansion:

Read the full article here. Do you agree or disagree with what Michael Bitton has to say? Is the expac more or less than you were hoping for?
Link is broken.

Nickious
10.09.2013 , 04:31 PM | #3
that link redirected me here.

The_Grand_Nagus
10.09.2013 , 04:31 PM | #4
LOL sorry guys, fixed now
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Darth_Victus
10.09.2013 , 04:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
LOL sorry guys, fixed now
Awesome. Reading article now.

Darth_Victus
10.09.2013 , 04:41 PM | #6
Over all, I do agree.

As a player it is disappointing to see that throughout this expansion, BioWare has hinted that there are no plans to implement PVE features to Space. Now weather or not they change their tune in a later patch is hard to say. However over all, the change in space combat is a step in the right direction and hopefully eventually does expand into other aspects of the game.

Arkerus
10.09.2013 , 04:45 PM | #7
Generally speaking I get sick of the constant comparisons to JTL. The product should be judged on it own merits. I understand the comparisons are inevitable but lets be a little more realistic. This is not SWG nor should SWTOR ever strive to be SWG. SWG was a different product from a different era.

I think this is a great new addition to the game and I can't wait to try it. For those that don't like PvP I don't know what to say...

Perhaps bioware will get a PvE version of space combat someday. It seems like they want to do so. As for now, I am happy.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Vinak
10.09.2013 , 04:51 PM | #8
My only concern is that they (EA) are going to repeat the same mistake SOE made with Jump to Light Speed.

In that SOE was heavily criticized for devoting an entire "expansion" to space content and zero content, or bug fixes for the ground game. Even going so far as to blame it for the mass exodus that happened shortly after it's release. (release of WOW and the "combat upgrade" to be the real culprits)

The general rhetoric was basically: "They wasted time with space content when they could have been busy fixing bugs and balancing the classes."

Little did everybody know SOE had planned on breaking the entire game shortly after JTL was released with the "Combat Upgrade"
>████TootsieRollョ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

Kontraz
10.09.2013 , 04:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
My only concern is that they (EA) are going to repeat the same mistake SOE made with Jump to Light Speed.

In that SOE was heavily criticized for devoting an entire "expansion" to space content and zero content, or bug fixes for the ground game. Even going so far as to blame it for the mass exodus that happened shortly after it's release. (release of WOW and the "combat upgrade" to be the real culprits)

The general rhetoric was basically: "They wasted time with space content when they could have been busy fixing bugs and balancing the classes."

Little did everybody know SOE had planned on breaking the entire game shortly after JTL was released with the "Combat Upgrade"
SOE might have gotten some flack for JTL, but I know of a lot of players that only continued to play because they enjoyed space combat so much. I even know a few that got the game specifically for the space combat

cashogy_reborn
10.09.2013 , 04:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

This is idiotic. JTL is not why people left SWG in droves; it was the CU and then the NGE that drove people away.

JTL was being worked on before SWG was released. The game was pushed out before JTL was finished, hence the release of the expac post launch.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads