Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does the empire get the best accents???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why does the empire get the best accents???

Chicktopus
10.09.2013 , 04:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Yasac View Post
I wonder how the actual british people feel about this. Do they get really bored with playing imperials? Like aww I did not buy this game to hear this again!
Oh god no. It's nice to play a character who shares your accent rather than playing yet another American. As has already been stated, it's especially nice when the character shares your specific speech-pattern when it does not pertain to one of the two British stereotypes (Queen's English and cockney respectively). This is actually largely part of why I enjoy playing my Sith Assassin so much.

ralphieceaser
10.09.2013 , 11:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
That's because Baddies have to sound intelligent, well usually. Hero's on the other hand can have dumb luck. Seriously though, could you imagine Tom Cruise try to play the Baddie in Die Hard, he just couldn't pull off the Intelligent Menace needed for the role.
yep, bounty hunter sounds as dumb as any herp derp grant, even Mandalore says that mako is the brains behind the bh lol

We need more great smooth british voices!

TonyDragonflame
10.09.2013 , 12:39 PM | #23
Empire designed in Nazi style, not British.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

J-Sheridan
10.09.2013 , 07:54 PM | #24
Empire gets the best accents because the world has magically decided that British people naturally make for great bad guys.
That said, if you want to break that type-casting then I am for it, I will trade you the Sith Inqusitor VA for the Republic Trooper VA. It would be beyond funny to have a Sith telling Satele Shan to get stuffed by the same voice Actor.

Nefla
10.09.2013 , 09:56 PM | #25
I actually like all the voice actors on both sides (except consulars >.<) it's weird that Jennifer Hale does two classes though.