Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darknessinme
10.08.2013 , 03:48 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Watch the “Conflict Rising” trailer and take your battle to space with epic 12v12 dogfights in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter, coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Watch now
This looks amazing! I am very excited for this. One question, if we can do 12v12 pvp in space, why cant we do 12v12 pvp wz maps? Just curious. Very excited for this new PVP content! Thank you!

RedShirtRob
10.08.2013 , 03:52 PM | #72
S-w-e-e-t - I'm almost giddy! Looks like it took a ton of work. Even if not perfect from the start, I'm sure it will get better.

Personally, I hope it stays relatively simple and doesn't get into the kind of detail/complexity there is in STO; I don't think there's anything wrong with STO space combat, but I don't want to get bogged down in all that, as I think this should be faster-paced (and more fun)!

Hardwear
10.08.2013 , 03:53 PM | #73
Free space xpac and early access right around my vacation time!

Hell yeah BioWare!! Thank You!!
Squadron: 1020 367

Phrase
10.08.2013 , 03:54 PM | #74
Huzzah!

Sixgun
The Bastion

RogueDemonhunter
10.08.2013 , 03:56 PM | #75
Quote:
MULTIPLE BATTLE ZONES AND GAMEPLAY MODES

Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes.

You know... Strike what I said before. Perhaps were all in knee-jerk reaction mode and PVE is there? (shrug) If not maybe not far off in an expansion (though I already mentioned that as a hope in last post).
I'll play either and or both anyway.. just to be able to control pitch yaw -roll -speed and direction of my ship.

I hope they are careful with the PVP and 'gearing up ships' as mentioned though. The last thing we need is to copy that particular 'Freelancer featurette' (see I admit some parts of the old games are not good) anyone new entering scenario to have their tookus handed to them repeatedly and inevitably because entry level ships no mater how skilled the pilot can't even scratch the paint job on the buffed ones. that doesn't really help anyone, makes people sad and makes us wait longer for pvp warzones for lack of bodies willing to enter.

Again. Good work Dev's. Cheers all.

If you do have to complain- keep it PG and constructive.

Sobur
10.08.2013 , 04:34 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by lordmader View Post
PVP space battles are nice and all.... But lets face it, it should have been in the game from the beginning. I thoroughly hope they wont disregard their less "must-destroy-everything-now" customers and include something like Guild Flagships in this to balance out the content!

Name one game that had everything in beginning. They are progressing better than most mmo's.

Master-Nala
10.08.2013 , 04:40 PM | #77
I have no words....

But I think Chuck Norris has a comment.

I agree with Chuck on this!

Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

CrazyOldMystic
10.08.2013 , 04:47 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Watch the “Conflict Rising” trailer and take your battle to space with epic 12v12 dogfights in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter, coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Watch now
Just like to say it looks good, and looks solid. A few things to note, no cockpit view, alright I get it I am an old arse that enjoys immersion more then anything else. This being said will we have joystick control in this sim? Also some people have talked about capital ships being involved in this, is this going to happen?

TalkingDinosaur
10.08.2013 , 05:08 PM | #79
My body is ready.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Dawginole
10.08.2013 , 05:09 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
More PvE stuff please, pvp is utterly boring.
You have tons of PvE space flight already in game. Enjoy!