Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ejied
10.11.2013 , 06:47 AM | #151
I'd really love to see a new profession, "Pilot". This would allow for people to craft and build their own ships and have open space missions (no rails!). I'd love to see a career path for people to start out as "Pilot" and end up as "Fleet Admiral".

iamzombie
10.11.2013 , 02:25 PM | #152
+1 for PVE space combat with the new system, either to replace the existing missions altogether, or as an opt-in setting so people who like the on-rails combat (do those people even exist) can have their cake as well.

Ramalina
10.11.2013 , 09:36 PM | #153
The trailer looks very pretty, but it doesn't really tell you anything about gameplay.

If it can match the X v TIE series that would be incredibly awesome, but I'm not going to hold my breath for a true 3D free flight space combat sim until I've actually flown it in game. As others have mentioned, an interface that doesn't work with pitch, yaw, roll, thrust continuous input axes (ie joystick or HOTAS input devices) would feel fairly broken for us ancient codgers. Though I can say that wouldn't mind at all if the, "you must press a modifier key in order to roll about your starfighter's x axis," feature failed to show up.

I'll hope for the best, and rest secure in the knowledge that if it turns out half baked I can sim to my heart's content in DCS World, where no Abrams, Bradley, LeClerc, Leopard, or Challenger AI is safe from watching me courageously fly a Sukhoi into the mountains of the Black Sea region.

WhyNot
10.12.2013 , 03:15 AM | #154
Also, I'd like it better with an option for an out-of-the-cockpit view, rather than just a following view from somewhere behind (where the player's ship moves around on the screen). It would feel more immersive to me that way. Nearly all the flight games that I've really enjoyed playing (such as the X-Wing series, Wing Commander series, F-19 Stealth Fighter, and various flight simulators) had out-of-the-cockpit views with at least part of the cockpit visible (including some gauges and other indicators). And, yes, the more control over the 6 axes of movement, the better.

Sangrar
10.12.2013 , 11:26 AM | #155
thank you bioware
yes!!!!!
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

MrBorsh
10.13.2013 , 11:20 AM | #156
Look at it. Who got more? PvE or PvP? PvE is first of all the only thing in SWTOR, the only PvP content is so small. I mean there's barely any. I liked the Gree Event because it was a lot of PvP. There are totally 12 PvE servers and 6 PvP servers. Give some stuff to PvP players as well.

FriendReferral
10.14.2013 , 01:21 AM | #157
For those of you wanting a PvE system in place, there's one already available to you. It's on-rails, like every other PvE system in this game. Use it.

Ahono
10.14.2013 , 06:16 AM | #158
I have watched the trailer and I am eagerly awaiting this expansion. I do have 1 question the space combat is it strictly pvp at this time or will it have a pve element as well?
The force surrounds us penetrates us it binds us together.(○█║█║█║█╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

manblock
10.15.2013 , 09:03 AM | #159
I'm not really into the whole space battle part of the game but i'll try it. looking forward for more pve end game stuff

Ahono
10.15.2013 , 10:22 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by FriendReferral View Post
For those of you wanting a PvE system in place, there's one already available to you. It's on-rails, like every other PvE system in this game. Use it.

How about no. The system in place is terrible. I for one wanted a system that has both pve and pvp available. Which is what they should have had in the begining. I play on a pvp server what I would really like to see is a system where you go into space and you have both at the same time.
The force surrounds us penetrates us it binds us together.(○█║█║█║█╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)