Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaedusz
10.09.2013 , 01:56 AM | #111
I am looking forward to wooping some republic as$.

Reble-Dog-Squad
10.09.2013 , 02:01 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
I am looking forward to wooping some republic as$.
Bring It!!!!
Australian CE VIP

Welcome to SWTOR, Click on the link below to gain in game rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/42CvHk

MisterBlackJack
10.09.2013 , 02:26 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Whailor View Post
Yadda yadda yadda.. No, we don't want any of that nonsense. You're forgetting that there's a huge paying customer base who don't give a jack about that content and who are being all the time ignored. There has been several PvP specific updates. If you think that those who play the game differently have no right to express their opinion and it's worthless then your whining is even less so. So cork it yourself.
You lost all credibility to your argument when you said the bolded part

Where have you been? before 2.4 PvPers haven't seen any major content updates IN OVER A YEAR. If you include 2.4 PvE has seen

A new full story arc planet
3 Operations
6 HM 55 FPS, 2 of them brand new flashpoints
3 New Daily areas
Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid Questlines
A New Companion (Treek)
2 Reoccuring Events

Pvers (and I am a PvEr myself) have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

VanderII
10.09.2013 , 02:51 AM | #114
Yeha it's a wonderful news
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

Elvija
10.09.2013 , 03:24 AM | #115
Being a mostly PVE'er myself, I can see why the others are maybe a bid disappointed about it not having any PVE content. It is a an expansion after all. Remember how all you PVP'ers have felt during the last year, where you've complained of the lack of PVP updates.

I myself haven't been that much of a PVP'er nor doing that many space quests up til now, because I've had adinterest in either because of operations, I've been more of a storybased player and I don't like being jumped at every five minutes, unless by npc's. I've done wz's, but that pretty much stops after my characters turns level 55, because I'd rather have gear for operations than for wz's. which in my experience doesn't work well together when you mix it.

That being said, a long time ago, in a childhood far far away, I remember when my brother introduced me to the old X-wing and TIE-figher games and how much I loved those. Ever since I started playing this game, I've hoped for someting similar to come to the game, and it seems it will finally happen. So even though I'm a PVE'er and yes, I have hopes for future content with PVE stuff, I AM excited about this upcoming expansion, and it migt mean that I will be more interested in the all the rest of the PVP content of the game, when this finally comes out.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Cbaoth
10.09.2013 , 03:58 AM | #116
So let me get this straight.
EA has green lighted an expansion that is free?? That is what I am seeing and hearing.
Now if there is one thing I know, and most likely I am not the only on who knows this, it is that EA like money. So when they relase content that is free, unlike the recent "expansion", I cant help but thinking that it is of very low quality??

And I refuse to belive that they are giving this away for free out of the godness of their hearts. There is no such thing in the world of business.

But that aside, i think it all sounds interesting :-).
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Vodamin
10.09.2013 , 04:24 AM | #117
Looking good

DarthZwicky
10.09.2013 , 05:58 AM | #118
Awesome!

But I sincerely hope there will be pve content in which we can use a own ship to explore and quest into space in a free roaming environnement. That would make this expension event greater. Nice work guys!

Cmder-Shepard
10.09.2013 , 06:37 AM | #119
Trailer looks nice and I'm glad people who love space pvp are getting it. Though to be honest I have 0 interest in anything pvp related. Still good work on getting it out for free, sadly It'll be something I'll not try till they add PVE space into the game like this.
"I'm just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe"
Formly Skieth - Joined: Dec 2008

Itkovian
10.09.2013 , 06:54 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
So let me get this straight.
EA has green lighted an expansion that is free?? That is what I am seeing and hearing.
Now if there is one thing I know, and most likely I am not the only on who knows this, it is that EA like money. So when they relase content that is free, unlike the recent "expansion", I cant help but thinking that it is of very low quality??

And I refuse to belive that they are giving this away for free out of the godness of their hearts. There is no such thing in the world of business.

But that aside, i think it all sounds interesting :-).
Why not? This would not be the first fully F2P competitive multiplayer game out there. Have a look at MWO and WoT, for example.

None of the games in this "genre" are Pay to Play: they all are F2P with major convenience/time/cosmetic upgrades through micro (and not-so-micro) transactions. The model works quite well, so there's no reason why Bioware can't follow suit with a similar concept.

I can easily see Galactic Starfighter as being a mini War Thunder in space, with its main revenue coming from cartel purchases for new ships, new systems, bonus XP/Credits, cosmetic patterns and the likes. And these will no doubt be purchasable through credits as well (well, except maybe cosmetics and XP boosts sort of things, the things that avoid P2W issues, something Bioware has been studiously doing so far).

Remember: F2P does not mean they don't make money from it. I'm sure they've got extensive plans to monetize the system for those of us with more money than time, which is the very core of the F2P formula.

The double-whammy with this system though is that it comes hand-in-hand with a full F2P MMO, which will hopefully bring more people to the "ground" game, and in turn generate even more revenue. Heck, they're already incentivizing subscriptions.

It's all pretty shrewd on their part, if you ask me... and the beauty of it is we STILL get a F2P space combat "sim".

I for one can't wait for December 3rd.

Itkovian