Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting for profit, crafting skills that generate income based on "market"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting for profit, crafting skills that generate income based on "market"

Hambunctious
10.08.2013 , 06:43 PM | #11
Well, since most people appear to do their own crafting, just selling materials could be a good profit judging from the prices.

At the moment I'm RE'ing greens to stock up on mk-9 kit materials.

What's sad is, most things like earpieces, relics, and implants are so cheap I'd rather by them for my companions than take the time to make them. Someone was selling an artifact aim earpiece today for 25k...wow

MeNaCe-NZ
10.08.2013 , 07:22 PM | #12
Quote:
But my question would be if you have any guidance regarding how or where to farm the materials needed for crafting for profit? Especially if you are limited to your playtime per weak. Can you give any recommendation on that?

In my case I can barely play 1h - 2h a day (not every day), and a few more on the weekends, besides family and work.
Depending what materials you want I find the best way is to buy the artifact quality missions from the GTN. It means you can log in, buy a few missions, send your companions on the missions, log out.
Also not bad for profitability vs actually running around boringly harvesting materials *yawn*.
E.g. I buy 450 treasure hunting missions for say 20-25K - there are 2 seperatetypes. I will then get back 8-10 mytags that sell for say average 8K each so that's a profit already jsut on the mats ( plus you get treasure chest of random items and creds and the random items can be anything from 3K crappy blue gear to purple mods that sell for 30-60K or even rare implants that sell for a good 70K+ at times ).

Now instead of using those mytags to sell them you use them to craft you can make an even bigger profit still if you watch the market for what to craft with them.

I'm sure the concept of buying missions for profitability works with other gathering skills too.

Quote:
Wow, sounds totally different from my server.
And different from mine too. Harbinger seems to ahve the most stable market in some ways I guess due to the higher population thus more diversification in skills / needs etc.

Brahlam
10.09.2013 , 04:05 AM | #13
Thanks for your helpfull answers.
I think I will try out some of the Ideas posted here, just not in the "get 18 million a week" scale.
Especially MeNaCe-NZ suggestion to buy missions instead of farming sounds really great.

Size-Matters-Not
10.11.2013 , 10:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by benovide View Post

MOST PROFITABLE by far is Cybertech.

Just supplying mods, and armor plates soly to aim and strength benefits, for levels 21-29 exclusivelly. My Powertech can produce up to level 55 mods and plates, but the 21-29 exclusive productions, he generates 18 million per week just selling purple quality armor plates and mods.

Strength is #1 and #2 is Aim. This one toon dominantly funds all of my accounts.
The second greatest generator, is Armstech
Blaster Rifles and Blaster Pistols, again for levels 21-29 purple qualities.
My Operative that produces them, generates 14 million credits per week soly making blaster rifles and pistols exclusively. Pistols being #1, followed by Blaster Rifles as #2. Sniper Rifles and Cannons very, they make roughly 300-700k profit per week, but not nearly as much as my pistols and rifles sell for.

THird highest generator is Artifice generates 9 million per week for purple qualities
Exclusively producing Might Hilts and Color Crystals.
Migh Hilts for lsevels 21-29 generate
Blue, and Yellow color crystals purple qualty whatever I can make at level 15+
That is a nice chunk of change weekly. And I thought I was doing good $1 million/week selling lvl 20 grenades. Then again I'm only starting to get serious with the auction house with my crafters.

I'm surprised armor, mods, can sell so well. Same with any purple gear/weapon as I would think most people level up with orange and swipe armor/mods/enhancements/barrels/hilts from planetary/pvp comms as they go. Guess I'll need to delve into this more on my server.

Again, thanks for the guide.
Bloodfin: <Fight> Gabriel-Leo, SizeMatters Not

JamieKirby
10.12.2013 , 03:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
Nice post. Should be helpful to beginners and those trying to make a few credits.

The results are likely sever dependent, so it may be helpful to some for you to note the one on which you play.
I hope you know how cheap majority of these items are to make, though I am sure majority of the crafters in this game are too lazy to get the materials themselves.

If the crafter gets the stuff themselves and they still charge those prices, they are charging those prices solely for the amount of numbers that are on the price tag and nothing more.

I have recently been getting into the whole boring and dull world of crafting, so I know how much an item costs to build and the prices players have been charging is insane to say the least, also from the info in this topic, saying purple quality is the only thing worth making is totally wrong, purple quality items are only worth crafting at level 50-55, prior to that, its a waste of resources and money.

Its funny, the materials required to make the level 17 blue quality armouring, no matter the stat on it is 4 Bronzium, 4 plastoid and 4 underworld metals and I have seen even the materials on the GTN going for a pathetically low price most of the time, so there really is no excuse for the high prices, except for greed, pure greed.

Well, I have made over 10mil selling my crafted armourings for a fair price, I out-grew the desire and need for greed, hell, if it didn't cost me anything at all to make this stuff, I would hand out the items for free.

benovide
10.13.2013 , 12:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
I hope you know how cheap majority of these items are to make, though I am sure majority of the crafters in this game are too lazy to get the materials themselves.

If the crafter gets the stuff themselves and they still charge those prices, they are charging those prices solely for the amount of numbers that are on the price tag and nothing more.

I have recently been getting into the whole boring and dull world of crafting, so I know how much an item costs to build and the prices players have been charging is insane to say the least, also from the info in this topic, saying purple quality is the only thing worth making is totally wrong, purple quality items are only worth crafting at level 50-55, prior to that, its a waste of resources and money.

Its funny, the materials required to make the level 17 blue quality armouring, no matter the stat on it is 4 Bronzium, 4 plastoid and 4 underworld metals and I have seen even the materials on the GTN going for a pathetically low price most of the time, so there really is no excuse for the high prices, except for greed, pure greed.

Well, I have made over 10mil selling my crafted armourings for a fair price, I out-grew the desire and need for greed, hell, if it didn't cost me anything at all to make this stuff, I would hand out the items for free.
In the time it took you to make 10 mil I've made over 40. And not really, reason we charge high prices is because of capitalism. People will pay it. And that's not true about gear under 50. Everyone jumps on blue and purple quality. It all depends on what it is. For some items people really is the only one worth it.

Factor hourly rates to gather the materials. Time taken to manufacture. It all evens out. One full set of armor plates are 8 plates. 8 mods 7 enhancements.

With 16 being made and sold by you. Especially in lower levels where the bulk of the player base is. 16x10,000 runs 160,000 credits on that one toon. 320,000 for that guy and his companion. Only 10k in mats. That's nothing. In bulk manufacturing. The gtn is the prime source to maximise supplies.

I have sold 800 blue quality plates this week. With 340k in mats. Each plate sold for 10k. Tell me. How bad are my profits from what is "not worth making"?

benovide
10.13.2013 , 12:30 AM | #17
And BTW. This doesn't include the 500 mods I had made from mod 3 to mod 7s

xMegrinx
10.13.2013 , 09:43 AM | #18
Awesome post. Thanks for the info!!
Gamer Girlie Blog
http://www.gamergirlie.com http://www.twitch.tv/gamergirlie

A cute, simple blog with daily twitch streaming made by an avid girl gamer!

Maestrodomus
10.14.2013 , 03:18 PM | #19
Can anyone confirm this is true on his server? Pretty much everyone has said it doesn't happen on theirs. I know it's not the case on JC.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

benovide
10.19.2013 , 02:04 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
Can anyone confirm this is true on his server? Pretty much everyone has said it doesn't happen on theirs. I know it's not the case on JC.
making accounts on other servers to verify claims,

JungMa is the same so far.

Roughly same prices.

As far as Ebon Hawk, you'll see all 12 of my alts on that server dishing out mods and plates.