Arena's. what were they thinking about?

GregAlia

I've found the Arena system in this game illogical.

First - why allow for solo quing in ranked? What kind of team play could you possibly expect out of this.

Second - why only 1 team size. Is it that difficult to have different team sizes? Why no brackets?

Which leads to Third- why not create an actual team with a team name.

I just see this as sort of a .... We dont want to think about what works and idk? What was the thought here?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just don't care about the PvP community. We get smaller and smaller updates because their focus is solely on PvE and the Cartel Market.

I recently unsubbed, and I just don't see how you can find fun in this game unless you like to blow your IRL money on gambling for super rare pixels and/or this game's linear, static and generic PvE.

the non ranked queues are not perfect but i like the arenas so far.

matchmaking should be improved (for example, yesterday 2 tanks 2 healers against 4 dd) and there should be a seperate queue for arenas and warzones.

and it should be possible to queue for mre than 1 at once, so what pops faster....

They just don't care about the PvP community. We get smaller and smaller updates because their focus is solely on PvE and the Cartel Market.

I recently unsubbed, and I just don't see how you can find fun in this game unless you like to blow your IRL money on gambling for super rare pixels and/or this game's linear, static and generic PvE.

This. My sub runs out in 3 days and despite being here from launch, wont be returning to play Arenas. PvP has turned into a mess. Plenty of my comments on my views regarding Arenas. And judging by Erics 'answer', even Biofail are too stupid to see the difference between 4v4, 8v8, ranked and unranked, solo and group - so you're bang out of luck.

4v4 is fine accept when you add a random element of solo queing. Then you just have.....well 0 balance. I could care less in regs but in ranked you are working for a rating. I just don't understand it nor do I understand the reason behind only 1 bracket. OK you've got 3 new maps...cool. Why are different brackets not available? I'm lost? What possible difficulty could this pose?

4v4 is fine accept when you add a random element of solo queing. Then you just have.....well 0 balance. I could care less in regs but in ranked you are working for a rating. I just don't understand it nor do I understand the reason behind only 1 bracket. OK you've got 3 new maps...cool. Why are different brackets not available? I'm lost? What possible difficulty could this pose?

Game doesn't have the population to support short queue times for multiple types of queues, that's the difficulty. And according to the devs the games engine and server architecture cannot handle cross server queues.

Edited by Raansu

Game doesn't have the population to support short queue times for multiple types of queues, that's the difficulty. And according to the devs the games engine and server architecture cannot handle cross server queues.

The game does have the population, but because more and more are switching to F2P, they are limited to 5 warzones a week. Which I thought was being removed but hasn't.

Hence why they are giving away RoTHC to lure players back, it's because end game 55 is suffering.

The game does have the population, but because more and more are switching to F2P, they are limited to 5 warzones a week. Which I thought was being removed but hasn't.

Hence why they are giving away RoTHC to lure players back, it's because end game 55 is suffering.

No it really doesn't, at least not for pvp. The F2P restriction on pvp they said will be removed after 2.4 and I already can see a lot of players quitting after that change. There are enough undergeared and bad players as it is. Now there will be even more undergeared bad players who will also never get pvp gear because they are f2p and will probably refuse to buy the unlock to wear artifact gear.

While I find the new arenas somewhat exciting (hey, its something new after a long time of the same old warzones) it feels like they need a bit of tweaking. For instance, my friends and I often find ourselves without a tank, which has lead to that we all sit around on the TS, but solo queing rather than playing together.

Ya I don't want to trash Bioware on the Arenas I still enjoy this game. Just wanted to know if there was some reasoning behind the decision. Seems like there was some reason.

The reason was that the pvp pop wasn't big enough to support 8v8 ranked. Server transfers extended its life a little bit on the pvp servers but like on JC it completely died once all the pvp guilds left. Its easier to get a 4v4 team in a deathmatch than it is to get an 8v8 objective warzone.

The reason was that the pvp pop wasn't big enough to support 8v8 ranked. Server transfers extended its life a little bit on the pvp servers but like on JC it completely died once all the pvp guilds left. Its easier to get a 4v4 team in a deathmatch than it is to get an 8v8 objective warzone.

But in doing this, they totally turned 8v8 normal pvp on it's head. The answer is a simple one - x-server pvp but this is too much of a challenge for a design team with zero ideas

I've found the Arena system in this game illogical.

First - why allow for solo quing in ranked? What kind of team play could you possibly expect out of this.

Only bads dont have individual skill and crying on forums about this.

Solo ranked queue is awesome/ Learn to carry, not to be carried.

Solo ranked queue iit'swesome/ Learn to carry, not to be carried.

Dude you are the biggest retard on the planet. Nothing in this post indicates i'm complaining about my abilities or that its to hard. I said it's a confusing choice based off other models that exist. Would you please shut up. You are so stupid. I doubt your any good.

First - why allow for solo quing in ranked?

Why allow premades in solo war zones ?

Only bads are posting the same "argument" over and over again - like you.

You have no individual voice and only cry about othery crying.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I personally love the Solo Ranked option. It gives players like myself, who are far better than the average PuG, but nowhere near as good as the crowd that played the 8v8 Ranked, and now plays Group Ranked. If we keep rolling PuGs, we get bored out of our minds, but we can't enter the high-level PvP without getting kicked in 5 seconds and quitting it forever.

I think this is the reason Ranked 8v8 died. The skill just jumped a few hundred levels from PuGs, offering no Learning Curve. People who even dared queue up would get kicked and never queue up again. The new Solo system gives a system to transition from PuG to Ranked.

I personally love the Solo Ranked option. It gives players like myself, who are far better than the average PuG, but nowhere near as good as the crowd that played the 8v8 Ranked, and now plays Group Ranked. If we keep rolling PuGs, we get bored out of our minds, but we can't enter the high-level PvP without getting kicked in 5 seconds and quitting it forever.

I think this is the reason Ranked 8v8 died. The skill just jumped a few hundred levels from PuGs, offering no Learning Curve. People who even dared queue up would get kicked and never queue up again. The new Solo system gives a system to transition from PuG to Ranked.

Great point. That has changed my opinion on it. Thank you for discussing this as opposed to randomly calling people bad.

I just think this feels like half a patch.

We got the arenas, but class balance is the same as it was before. Operatives are still stupidly survivable, marauder cooldowns are way too good, and vanguards aren't really all that much better.

Launching arenas without a balancing pass was a bad idea.

I like arenas but the point is that we are 1 week into this patch and they are dead. Its pathetic that this has already happened, same 3 teams playing each other. No incentive to play arenas, No cool unique gear, No unique mounts, titles etc. They just don't care and don't listen to there PvP community.

End of thread.

I like arenas but the point is that we are 1 week into this patch and they are dead. Its pathetic that this has already happened, same 3 teams playing each other. No incentive to play arenas, No cool unique gear, No unique mounts, titles etc. They just don't care and don't listen to there PvP community.

End of thread.

Why should there be a reward? There was a time when people pvp'ed for 'fun'.

I think it's to soon to call it dead. I have a lot of friends who are coming back to swtor for this but are very poorly geared or still have lvl 50 toons and are trying to relearn refresh regear before jumping into the Arena. So how bout we give it a minute.

I think it's to soon to call it dead. I have a lot of friends who are coming back to swtor for this but are very poorly geared or still have lvl 50 toons and are trying to relearn refresh regear before jumping into the Arena. So how bout we give it a minute.

By the time we give this game a minute, everyone will have left and EA/BioFail will be announcing that they're shutting this game down.

:rak_03: