Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.X "The Crafting Patch" - What Do You Want To See?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
2.X "The Crafting Patch" - What Do You Want To See?

ekimmak
10.10.2013 , 12:39 AM | #21
I want to see them bring the crafting times WAY down.

I want to be able to control my crafting across all my alts, when playing on just one character.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Nmyownworld
10.10.2013 , 03:26 AM | #22
I'd like to be able to delete Green schematics. Just the Greens. At some point in the future, I will RE all Green schematics, and I can use the Prototype and Artifact filters to view schematics. I'm not there, yet. I have to make a list of which Green schematics I have RE'd as much as possible, and which Green schematics I can still RE (especially with earpieces and implants). I'd love to clean out the Green schematics I can no longer use. Have a warning screen when deleting a Green schematic. Have two warning screens. Just allow me to clean up my list of Green schematics, please.

Jedi_riches
10.10.2013 , 04:34 AM | #23
The "fixes" to crafting I would like to see are the following:-

1) A legacy cargohold to store all materials gathered by alts, so we can dip into that resource whenever we want (We all trade materials from character to character so why not make it a bit easier)

2) Allow us to que up missions like crafting does (it is a pain having to micro manage companions while questing or running a flashpoint.

3) Allow a reverse engineering crit bonus (maybe added through legacy levels or unlock) especially considering how long it starts taking to craft 1 item at higher levels to only have 10% chance to RE is stupid (unless you are just lucky)

4) Increase the amount of companions you can send to do missions (again maybe a legacy level bonus or unlock)

5) Create orange versions of your companions original armour (with the relevant skill i.e. dont make robes with amourmech etc) so we can keep their iconic looks through the game.

6) Increase the drop rate of certain scematics through missions (I cant tell how many Tier 2 UT missions I have been on and I have sent companions on and have never received and schematics I want (e.g. Tempered Laminoid gear)

DeltaEkotte
10.10.2013 , 09:25 AM | #24
In a perfect world where everything was possible it only took time to make, a class that focused on crafting skills first and combat second. Instead of only 1 crafting crew skill and 2 others, you could take 2 crafting skills and 4 others for a total of 6 crew skills total. There would still be combat options like there are for the current classes, but just to a smaller degree with the focus on crafting items.

On a more real level, the ability to learn schematics from gear that is removed from the game, pre-2.0 gear, columni/rakata and the pvp gear that was removed; you could learn those from the training vendors. The missions skills (UWT/INV/DIP/TH) had the chance to drop schems for the cartel market armor/weapons from the packs that are no longer available.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist
RIP SWG, Blood, Dark Stance, SAS, RSS
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...91#post3300391 SWG guilds now here

morfius
10.10.2013 , 09:36 AM | #25
- Legacy cargo hold and crew skill window.
- Option to refresh mission list without phase change/logon-logoff.
- Crafting schematics on reputation vendor for faction related looking gear.
- Removing OPS mats from crafted items 3 levels bellow current BIS (69s are now solo obtainable gear)... recipes on basic vendors.
- 69 Augments (still mk-9 using or mk-10 kits with same mats as mk-9) schematics (relying on same slicing/arm/synt level) on basic vendors or slicing...
- Gear removed from game to be presented as Armormech/Syntweaving trainer/reputation vendor schematics.
- Characters and companions starting gear as level 10, 20, 30, 40 (depend on level on which you obtain companion) orange recipes for Armormech/Syntweaving (at least BoL crafted items).
- BoL consumable container or "armoring"/"barrel"/"hilt" that will allow bound shells moving.
- Any quest reward/drop item (armors and weapons at least) to be able to provide orange schematic when REd (even if we need to RE it as - green, blue, purple, orange).
- Modifications for level 4 at CT/Art/Arm
- Gathering/crafting time reduction from affection to be multiplied some times (to cut in half actual time on 10k affection).
- Orange level 20-55 off hands (generators/shields/knives/skaterguns/pistols/sabers) to equal exiting level 20-55 main hands... any force related offhand stay on Artifice, all tech related moved to Armstech.
- Under 50 relics recipes for BoE items that are not light/dark tied.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

psandak
10.10.2013 , 10:21 AM | #26
The common theme I am seeing here is "what would be good for me;" what would allow one player to benefit? The flaw in most of these suggestions is the failure to realize that if one player gets it, EVERYONE else does too. It is at this point where many of the suggestions break down.

Lets look at a fairly common request: queuing of materials missions. Assuming every player gets access to it, in a single fixed span of real time (the average work day and/or night's sleep), every player now has the ability to acquire five times the materials he/she used to. The system now has a MASSIVE increase in supply, AND demand probably decreases due to running missions being more effective. What do you think is going to happen?

You want a real world example, just look at the pricing of gasoline. Gas prices fluctuate with supply and demand. And supply and demand influence each other. High gas prices encourage more individuals to purchase more fuel efficient vehicles and/or drive less so demand for gas goes down. So, in order to encourage more fuel consumption, gas prices go down. But then the increase in demand causes supply problems and so gas prices go back up. Now imagine if everyone got a fuel efficient car and a large supply of crude oil is uncovered. Can we say double whammy?

Mission queuing would result in that same double whammy: increase in supply and many players choosing the more cost efficient route of running missions resulting in decreased demand. Further, the effect of both happening is usually exponential; meaning that item values drop to a small fraction of what they were.

Heck you want a MMO example, look no further that WoW WOTLK and Frost Lotus. Frost Lotus was a rare drop from gathering herbs. One would gather a different herb and have a 5% chance of getting a Frost Lotus with the other herb. There were also a handful of Frost Lotus nodes in a world PvP area. A single Frost Lotus could sell for 50-100 gold. For a year, players SCREAMED for an increase in Frost Lotus drop rate or a way to trade less valuable herbs in for Frost Lotus. Well Blizzard finally listened. They increased the drop rate by 50% (7.5% chance overall), and they created a vendor that would accept frozen orbs (crafting material that dropped on dungeon final bosses) for Frost Lotus (among other things). Shortly thereafter, one could acquire Frost Lotus on the auction house for as little as 5g each (average was about 15g), because the supply skyrocketed and demand radically dropped.

The point is, when making suggestions to improve this game one needs to consider the ramifications on the entire population not just on oneself.
Probability 101
The Harbinger, Ortzid Legacy
Dalkery - Sawbones, Car'beerd - Jedi Guardian,
Blairnah - Jedi Sage, Ulunnes - Commando

Sithbelmont
10.11.2013 , 11:32 AM | #27
I love the OS/android craft idea. I would like to see a group crafting option. Like sending maybe 2-3 members on a group mission which yields greater rewards. Of course it would be costing more and and longer time frame.

morfius
10.16.2013 , 02:12 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The common theme I am seeing here is "what would be good for me;" what would allow one player to benefit? The flaw in most of these suggestions is the failure to realize that if one player gets it, EVERYONE else does too. It is at this point where many of the suggestions break down.

The point is, when making suggestions to improve this game one needs to consider the ramifications on the entire population not just on oneself.
It is not bad by default, most of middle level crafting pricing rely on artificial gaps, so most of players just avoid it and don't craft/buy results.
Those has to be tuned.
Artificial gaps have to remain only on rare and end game crafting, not just to punish all Bio risers with so rare mission for grade 3 green mats for example.
Stacking mats to sky-rock price on GTN is not crafting at all.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

DarthScruffy
10.16.2013 , 05:03 AM | #29
Convenience,QoL and profit are things they should be working on with crafting.

1. A recipe tracker across accounts. It would actually allow me to pass on certain items that have no other interest than RE interest.
2. A timer tracker either for a toon or for an account. Perhaps make it an I.E. option.
3. More RE able skins. I like some Arkanian designs. Selling skins for 5k is kind of a waste.
4. Some sort of a personalization /experimentation/ingredient substitution feature could some how differentiate goods which would change the economy and get some people back into crafting.

wainot-keel
10.16.2013 , 05:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
It is not bad by default, most of middle level crafting pricing rely on artificial gaps, so most of players just avoid it and don't craft/buy results.
Those has to be tuned.
Artificial gaps have to remain only on rare and end game crafting, not just to punish all Bio risers with so rare mission for grade 3 green mats for example.
Stacking mats to sky-rock price on GTN is not crafting at all.
But some people make their money with lowbie stuff. They don't participate in the "end game" crafting.
Why only protect those who do the high end stuff ?
That said, I'm not opposed to some adjustments. Archeology being one of them. First, you can't kill rocks to farm crystals off of them, unlike Bionalisys and Scavenging. Second, archeology nodes on Tattoine and Hoth suck ***, so more nodes on those planets would be nice. But five missions queued per companion for all skills ? That's way too much.