Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Receiving “Host Update Failed” Message During the Launcher Update? [Edited]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Receiving “Host Update Failed” Message During the Launcher Update? [Edited]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JPRoath
10.02.2013 , 11:28 PM | #11
I am having this issue almost weekly and follow the steps found in the link marked with 9/24/13 date for the fix. I find that this week that fix is not working. I also know that from last week I had to reset my launcher from streaming to non streaming. Dose this present an issue with the fix listed in section 2// step 2?

As being able to assist you with gaining information in helping you with a more stable/permenant soultion, I would like to also assist you in this endevor.

flattenedfire
10.03.2013 , 01:35 AM | #12
Quote:
I'm having this problem too...
Sometimes when I restart game, it happened again. That is quite annoying...="=

I found that if I shut down all firewalls and anti-virus program, the launcher can solve the problem itself.

I'm using Window's own firewall and NOD32 for anti-virus.
This worked for me aswell thanks

Snarkasms
10.03.2013 , 03:43 AM | #13
Is this at all related to people that have to do a repair install with every patch? Not download a repair utility or anything, but just repair inside the launcher?

With every single patch that's come out for the last several months, I'll start downloading assets, and then get told I need to repair. That repair typically takes another 30 minutes to an hour while it finds and redownloads files, and then (sometimes) the original patch can proceed.

Is there anything I can do to avoid that, or at least debug it for you guys? It's really depressing to come home on patch day hoping to jump in game in 10-15 minutes and have that turn into an hour or more.

firefoz
10.03.2013 , 04:22 AM | #14
so at 0300 hours ? you decide to take servers down. Why?

Beesodd
10.03.2013 , 04:22 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Snarkasms,

It sounds like you have a separate issue. If your patch is consistently corrupting as you download, you may have an issue with your HDD or RAM. Running Memtest and/or chkdsk can help to investigate issues there.

Thanks for the post, flattenedfire, we're seeing a few people reporting errors when using NOD32.

Thanks to the others who have posted in the thread.

firefoz, patch 2.4a is being applied. Patchnotes: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.4.0a/1032013

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

firefoz
10.03.2013 , 04:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Snarkasms,

It sounds like you have a separate issue. If your patch is consistently corrupting as you download, you may have an issue with your HDD or RAM. Running Memtest and/or chkdsk can help to investigate issues there.

Thanks for the post, flattenedfire, we're seeing a few people reporting errors when using NOD32.

Thanks to the others who have posted in the thread.
Well guess I do not need a Reply. I pay for this just like everyone else. Well you did let Free players in, it is a shame you pay money for what ? Servers always uploading, down, fixing, know response from ingame help.

Beesodd
10.03.2013 , 04:48 AM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Firefoz, you posted a few seconds before my response, so I didn't see it as I was writing. The servers are down today to apply patch 2.4a, which has quite a few fixes, and are due back up in about 70 minutes. Edit: That was quick, we're back!

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Snarkasms
10.03.2013 , 06:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Snarkasms,

It sounds like you have a separate issue. If your patch is consistently corrupting as you download, you may have an issue with your HDD or RAM.
It doesn't seem as if the patch is corrupting, it seems that it thinks it needs to verify the preexisting game files every time. I have no reported issues with my SSD or HDDs, and the RAM has reported no errors, but next time I take a downtime, I'll triple check. Thanks.

spudik
10.03.2013 , 09:19 AM | #19
Hey guys,
after I've seen that there was a launcher update today before starting up the game, I immediatly went for forums to find the newest Launcher_update self extractor because I've had the "Host Update Failed" message 5 or 6 launcher updates back everytime. BUT before the launcher got to the part where it restarts, i noticed CHANYHs response about turning off NOD 32 which I use too. So without thinking I turned it off just in time and now it passed without error for the first time in months.

Now I still use the original game client I installed back in 2011 november or october Beta period, and I don't think I ever bothered to completely re-install it after launch in December (or maybe just once in December 2011). I simply copy the game folder to my external HDD if I need to re-install my windows. And then copy it back (I got really lazy a month ago and now i simply play from the ext. drive) So no streaming launcher etc. BUT this issue started when the streaming metod was made available if I'm not mistaken.
As I said I use NOD32 antivirus Windows Firewall should be on too., and I play on W7 64bit Ultimate.

If I can help you guys in any other way feel free to ask, but better via email, I'm not much of a forum crawler and got here merely by accident
Irisen Shadow 55 Irissen Guardian 55
Caleth Scoundrel 55 Halb Sentinel 55
Located at Tomb of Freedon Nadd as officer of CZ/SK guild
>>Havoc Squadron<<

MarBuBu
10.03.2013 , 09:19 AM | #20
This is every week same issue. **** your launcher updating.