Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready to play - activate your account

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready to play - activate your account

Nemeses
12.21.2011 , 07:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoDio View Post
Whoever is having problems with Origin's supposed email not appearing, go to this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=68622

Thanks!
Origin suck as well
~The Immortals~
SW:ToR Recruitment Thread, Video or visit our Home.
We lived a thousand lives in LoTRo, Age of Conan and more. United we stand... and we don't fall

Naradia_O
12.21.2011 , 07:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranid View Post
This is the way all MMO's with a subscription work. Go by the starter kit for WOW it has a free month also. They will require you to put in a CC or timecard to play. SWTOR is no different.
Untrue, I bought a starter kit and there was a card inside to activate my 30 days, I didn't have to give any details.
I hope I can play my game tomorrow, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed, I don't have a credit card and because of a strike I can't go to any shop...

Atm it's a: buy one month, get one for free.
May the force be with you (It's a star wars forum, what did you expect?)

hankland
12.21.2011 , 07:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimos_Olympian View Post

You ****** not all of us have creditcard or live in america so of us yu spend all our money buying the game and need to wait untill next months paycheck to buy a pre-pay timecard All with out a creditcard just got the shaft by Bioware!
Don't blame your bad money management on Bioware. Nobody asked you to buy the Collector's Edition for it's inflated price. If you have the money to blow on the collectors edition, you have the money to buy a pre-paid time card. It's like what? $15. QQ somewhere else.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but seriously, don't log into the forum to whine and make poorly constructed arguments based on hyperbole. It's trite.

Consider the people without timecards available for purchase in their area and no credit card. Those people are actually getting the shaft.

Stejo
12.21.2011 , 07:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranid View Post
This is the way all MMO's with a subscription work. Go by the starter kit for WOW it has a free month also. They will require you to put in a CC or timecard to play. SWTOR is no different.
Absolutely not true. WoW did not require any such thing on purchase. They were pretty confident that once you play it you'll still want to subscribe. No need for sleazy tricks.

CrimsonSock
12.21.2011 , 07:35 PM | #25
Holy rage thread batman...
Only issue that I'm running into is that none of the game stores or electronic stores have the time cards yet...so...where the bloody he'll are they?

Hypospray
12.21.2011 , 07:40 PM | #26
Well the good thing on this procedure is --> Less queues while people complain and setup their subscribtion

Ozonezerosix
12.21.2011 , 07:45 PM | #27
Not to troll but ... I'm gonna troll

Well it might be a good time to get a credit card? There are many thing you can do with one!

Liberate
12.21.2011 , 08:41 PM | #28
Boware please explain i bought a CE i states cleary i would get a month of free playing time and now after two days you already ask me to buy a pre-paid card?
Really? I hope it's a bad joke on your part just just all my money to pay the CE and now i can't play anymore starting tommorow because i dont have the money right now to buy a freaking pre-paid card? im so mad right now im planning to burn up CE you are ripping people off!! You promised 30 days free playtime not 30 days free play time if you buy right away 60days pre-paid time!!
With all due respect, they dont use the card/time card until AFTER the 30 days. You just spent $150 on a CE but can't afford $15?

You ****** not all of us have creditcard or live in america so of us yu spend all our money buying the game and need to wait untill next months paycheck to buy a pre-pay timecard All with out a creditcard just got the shaft by Bioware!
You spent your whole check on the game?

Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
Absolutely not true. WoW did not require any such thing on purchase. They were pretty confident that once you play it you'll still want to subscribe. No need for sleazy tricks.

Considering you can put the card on, and then take it off right after...what's the issue?

You get you free 30 days, though i don't see the logic in paying $60 for a game you're not sure you want to sub too.
Liberate

Talimar
12.21.2011 , 08:57 PM | #29
Yay right in prime time for Aussies. Love you Bioware!
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Xangpow
12.21.2011 , 08:59 PM | #30
I am also confused. I bought the game, it says "30-day subscription included with purchase." on the box but now they are saying "Nope, you have to have a valid card to qualify for the free days." Really?