Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Quick Travel Terminal Issues After Game Update 2.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Quick Travel Terminal Issues After Game Update 2.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
10.02.2013 , 10:22 AM | #1
The bindpoint for Quick Travel on Oricon (near the Operations entrance) is bugged. Yesterday, I unlocked the bindpoint with my two Republic characters, but when I logged in today, I once again had to unlock it before I could use it. Other people in chat confirmed that they have the same bug.

Please fix the bindpoint so that it stays unlocked.

Bursar's Avatar


Bursar
10.02.2013 , 10:24 AM | #2
It's the same on the Imperial side of the bridge as well. I unlock the QT point, relog and it goes back to undiscovered.

Not a massive problem because of the speeders, but it would be nice if it worked as intended.

tanktest's Avatar


tanktest
10.02.2013 , 01:55 PM | #3
My bad i posted in wrong forums been on all most 12 hours

and Suppized it was not moved to this forums,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685026

as i said in that post it was a PTS bug and i really thought it would be fixed , live .

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
10.02.2013 , 02:04 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello folks,

First of all, while we love how many bugs you catch while testing on the PTS, we aren't always able to get them fixed before the patch goes Live.

Secondly, is it only the point near the Operations, or have you seen it elsewhere on Oricon? Thanks!
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Death_By_Smiley's Avatar


Death_By_Smiley
10.02.2013 , 02:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hello folks,

First of all, while we love how many bugs you catch while testing on the PTS, we aren't always able to get them fixed before the patch goes Live.

Secondly, is it only the point near the Operations, or have you seen it elsewhere on Oricon? Thanks!
Unless I missed some, there are only two quick travel points on Oricon (Operation area and your faction base). The faction base has stayed active as far as I can tell, but I have see both the QT point and the speeder no longer give me access to the Operation entrance area.

This is frustrating because on one of my toons, I completed the story, but still have to huff it there (through a heroic area and pubside campers) on foot just to do operations.

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
10.02.2013 , 03:29 PM | #6
Ya. I have had to unlock the Imperial one on the Bridge two times now. Same toon. Thought it was strange. It might be that if you go there and unlock it before the storyline takes you to the bridge it has to be re-unlocked.

But, all this game seems to be now is a pile of bugs.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
10.02.2013 , 05:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hello folks,

First of all, while we love how many bugs you catch while testing on the PTS, we aren't always able to get them fixed before the patch goes Live.

Secondly, is it only the point near the Operations, or have you seen it elsewhere on Oricon? Thanks!
I personally find this completely unacceptable. You have basically admitted that Bioware release faulty updates rather than delaying these slightly until known issues are fixed. If you have reports from PTS that something isn't worknig why not hold off the rleease of content to the general public on the server we pay to play on until these bugs are fixed? Instead releasing bugged content does nothing other than to add stress to the community and begin to erode our enjoyment of the product.

Considering many of the PTS guides regarding the dread palace final encounter not being able to be completed and here we have the same thing in the final released product this makes me think you all knew this wasn't going to work but decided to release the content anyway in it's bugged state.

I used to have a lot of time and patience for bugs and defended Bioware regarding bugs noting that noone can test everything and sometimes things slip by unnoticed but now based on Amber's post I am beginning to think it's money ahead of quality. If that's the case ... shame on Bioware.

Snarkasms's Avatar


Snarkasms
10.03.2013 , 03:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
I personally find this completely unacceptable. You have basically admitted that Bioware release faulty updates rather than delaying these slightly until known issues are fixed. If you have reports from PTS that something isn't worknig why not hold off the rleease of content to the general public on the server we pay to play on until these bugs are fixed? Instead releasing bugged content does nothing other than to add stress to the community and begin to erode our enjoyment of the product.

Considering many of the PTS guides regarding the dread palace final encounter not being able to be completed and here we have the same thing in the final released product this makes me think you all knew this wasn't going to work but decided to release the content anyway in it's bugged state.

I used to have a lot of time and patience for bugs and defended Bioware regarding bugs noting that noone can test everything and sometimes things slip by unnoticed but now based on Amber's post I am beginning to think it's money ahead of quality. If that's the case ... shame on Bioware.
You're right, they should totally hold off releasing a massive update that includes 2 new operations, a new planet, new daily area, new gear, and updated vendors because a quick travel point that it takes a grand total of 3 minutes to get back to might not stay unlocked.

Ancaglon's Avatar


Ancaglon
10.03.2013 , 03:52 AM | #9
I did also notice that the QT point was again locked when we came out of Dread Palace last night, but I had been able to use the "speeder" from the Republic Base to get there earlier in the evening without any issues (it only unlocks after you complete the planetary "story" arc that unlocks the dailies, and complete the H2 about disabling the shuttles.

Bursar's Avatar


Bursar
10.03.2013 , 04:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Snarkasms View Post
You're right, they should totally hold off releasing a massive update that includes 2 new operations, a new planet, new daily area, new gear, and updated vendors because a quick travel point that it takes a grand total of 3 minutes to get back to might not stay unlocked.
Because that was only problem with 2.4
Broken Op, items removed from game, warzone comms not correctly awarded, GTN Preview and links broken...