Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian of the Fortress - Affliction?

Darth-Mailman
10.05.2013 , 02:43 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Damishi View Post
I haven't read the rest of the posts, but draxus targets people randomly, it's a tek debuff, so mercs can cure it. Single target tho, so as long as healers aren't oof, they'll be fine to heal it.
Maybe you should start reading... then you knew that this isn't waht is being discussed....
Failure is allways an option.

dscount
10.05.2013 , 09:03 AM | #52
Yea.. .SM is way over tuned. PUG's are going to hit it like a brick wall.

Sit on fleet and/or Oricon and just watch the LFM... 2nd Boss call outs. Or look at some LOG files, maybe the DEV's understand them more since they have "NUMBERS" and/or PROOF in them.

STORY MODE LOG - 8 Man http://www.torparse.com/a/446236 on SNIPER Affliction ticks for 6.4k
<SNIPE Guardian of the Fortress's Affliction hits for 6418 internal damage, /SNIPE>
Spoiler

STORY MODE LOG - 16 Man http://www.torparse.com/a/445010/36 on a SORC Affliction ticks for 2.5k
<SNIPE Guardian of the Fortress's Affliction hits for 2510 internal damage, /SNIPE>
Spoiler

BIOWARE! Please FIX your 8-MAN SM version
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

PeterGun-SWE
10.05.2013 , 03:39 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
...the dot ticks for 6k, goes out to at least 2 people, and in fact one person can get both DoTs. That's at least 12k per tick...
I can confirm this... my guild had this problem in todays 8 man SM raid.

BW, please fix this!!!

ekimmak
10.05.2013 , 05:12 PM | #54
That would explain why the PuG I joined after the update went live had to disband by boss two. Seems incredibly strange for it to be so much harder on SM, with only eight people, than it would be on either hard mode or sixteen man. But is it that the other two should both have higher damage, or that only one of them should get the increased damage?
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

thewitchdoctor
10.05.2013 , 10:24 PM | #55
Adding my guild's experience.

Tonight we attempted 8-man story mode Dread Fortress.

We were blocked on Draxus at the 7th wave when the Guardians of the Fortress first pop.

They would cast AFFLICTION which hit for 6k damage per tick.

This was NOT from the Mass Affliction cast by the Corruptors or the Concussion Gernade cast by Draxus.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Gunslinger - Sage
Tanks: Guardian - Juggernaut - Powertech - Assassin

Burtlebe
10.07.2013 , 12:34 PM | #56
We ran into the same situation. this op is extremely harder in story mode than in hard mode or 16 man. We had no issue doing the palace with exception of the healing trial was a bit overtuned. Fortress should have been even easier for us in sm since it requires lower gear than palace.

We always interrupted the mass afflication and killed the mops that cast it promptly. The guardians just seem to be way op with their new skill. We tried the fight about 8 times even had the boss enrage once at wave 6 and once at wave 7 even though our timer showed us being at less time in than previous attempts. I would say our groups average gear level was 164 with 3 of 4 dps having 168 rating weapons.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

PeterGun-SWE
10.07.2013 , 01:39 PM | #57
Not only is this bug anoying, but that BW hasnt even acknowledged our feedback/reports on this isue is...

ELRunninW
10.07.2013 , 01:49 PM | #58
This actually it is an answer on its own. It means BW does not know what to say. This is because they may be considering different ways to deal with current situation, or because their group of developers is too busy dealing with other problems.
it is safe to say 'they' know there is a problem.

dscount
10.08.2013 , 11:25 AM | #59
AMAZED that we have not seen a PATCH on this one. PVP got fixed on teleport, but we can't get a boss mechanic fixed on the fly? LOL
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

PeterGun-SWE
10.08.2013 , 12:27 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
AMAZED that we have not seen a PATCH on this one. PVP got fixed on teleport, but we can't get a boss mechanic fixed on the fly? LOL
Indeed, and sad that the DEV's havent even given us a reply on this issue.