Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Thermal Regulator Critical Success Rate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Thermal Regulator Critical Success Rate

Doolander
10.01.2013 , 04:05 PM | #1
Not complaining, just some data I have collected.

After running 100 Unsliceable missions using Andronikos with max affection I have achieved 24 Critical Successes yielding a total of 96 Thermal Regulators.

I know it is totally random but just to point to people who may think it's broken.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has collected similar data.

Major_Jynx
01.20.2014 , 09:35 PM | #2
I feel that +2 crit doesn't seem like enough to warrant the difference I get from crafting.

Using my jugg companions and HK which is a plus 1.

116 earned bio mechanical chip and only 8 thermal regulators. which comes out to earning regulators 6.8% of the time.

wainot-keel
01.20.2014 , 10:35 PM | #3
Since 2.4 I did 528 missions (only Unsliceable?, not bothering at all with Watching the Watchdogs) and my crit rate is 24,34% and my fail rate is 6,63%.
I use 2 Andronikos, 2 Scorpios, 1 T7 and 1 Vette

It has its ups and downs. This current rate is the highest for me. For a week I might hit a streak of bad luck and numbers start dropping, which is definitely frustrating.....

DarthTHC
01.21.2014 , 09:41 AM | #4
It's super spikey. I'll go days and get only a couple crits then have a day that almost every mission crits.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

psandak
01.21.2014 , 10:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
It's super spikey. I'll go days and get only a couple crits then have a day that almost every mission crits.
So what? It's human nature to assume that random == even, but the opposite is in fact the case: random =/= even. In any randomly generated set of data, clusters happen. Only VERY large sets of data bear out the stated odds.

MilesTeg_cy
01.24.2014 , 07:28 AM | #6
The definition of "random"
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

psikofunkster
07.16.2014 , 03:15 PM | #7
The gathering is bugged.

psandak
07.16.2014 , 03:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
The gathering is bugged.
Data please.

Grayseven
07.16.2014 , 04:14 PM | #9
I've seen the same. I have many toons with slicing and I'll quite often log on and check them and it's funny how one day none of them have proc'd a crit and the next day all of them have.

Ultimately, I always have more TR's than I need, which means I get to sell them to people who need them. Win/win.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Nazdika
07.16.2014 , 04:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
The gathering is bugged.
One gets thermal regulators with 2 missions, not with gathering. All is normal in my missions.