Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher - Takes forever to load

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher - Takes forever to load

DaywalkerJ
12.21.2011 , 06:00 PM | #1
As the subject says, when I turn on the Launcher it takes a very long time to load. Anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. By load I mean from clicking on the program's icon to the login portion takes this amount of time.

It launches, and it patches just fine, it just takes a really long time to boot up.

Anyone else experiencing this?
We fight against the darkness that would consume our lives.
Join us!
Sentinels of Freedom
"Power and Greed will never outweigh Honour and Loyalty"

mekrob
12.28.2011 , 03:04 PM | #2
Yes, I have this same problem. I have a pretty powerful computer, I'm not sure at all why this happens.

Christov
12.30.2011 , 12:40 PM | #3
I have exactly the same problem, really no idea why it's taking ages... netlimiter2 shows me that the launcher isn't using any traffic and there's barely any CPU/RAM use either.

GinoZito
12.30.2011 , 08:04 PM | #4
I was having this problem as well. I spent all day trying everything in the FAQ on fixing the launcher and it turned out to simply be that under the internet options of my computer under networking I had "use proxy server" checked. Go to control panel, internet options, connections, LAN settings and click "Automatically Detect Settings" and make sure you are not using the proxy server option.

X-Slider
01.02.2012 , 12:28 PM | #5
I have this problem too. I don't have a proxy set so that's not it. It's really weird, anyone heard news on this?

Enfenion
01.03.2012 , 02:06 PM | #6
I have this problem as well, but only on my laptop (Dell M4600, i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000) which is faster than my stationary computer (Q6600, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD3870)... Any workarounds?

X-Slider
01.03.2012 , 06:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Enfenion View Post
I have this problem as well, but only on my laptop (Dell M4600, i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000) which is faster than my stationary computer (Q6600, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD3870)... Any workarounds?
I realized that this only occurs on my laptop too. Strange. Something with mobile hardware? Mine is a lenovo y460 (i5-2430M, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia GT550M). I have not discovered any workarounds.

Myszowur
01.12.2012 , 07:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GinoZito View Post
I was having this problem as well. I spent all day trying everything in the FAQ on fixing the launcher and it turned out to simply be that under the internet options of my computer under networking I had "use proxy server" checked.
You have enlightened me. The problem with my loader started on the same day when my company has introduced a proxy. Switched it off and now it loads fast. Thanks for advice!

Noolah
01.17.2012 , 03:46 AM | #9
I've just started having this issue in the last few days. Nothing has changed on my PC, not even Windows updates. I've been through the usual suspects and turned off Windows firewall, reset my router etc but to no avail. There are no reports on the Virgin media forums of anyone else there having the same issue, so it looks to be BW's side.

It's rather annoying, but not game breaking as the launcher does eventually load. Although it takes it 3 - 4 minutes to get to the credentials screen. Then about the same again for the Play button to light up. If I try to close it during this time I get a message about "Patching being in progress and am I really sure I want to close".

Noolah
01.17.2012 , 12:27 PM | #10
Seems setting both the launcher and game client executables to run in XP SP3 Compatibility mode has fixed this for me.