Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

Primarch_PWnD
10.03.2013 , 01:59 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
/facepalm

Go re-learn that the movies take place 100s of years after this game.
I can /facepalm too...

Also, go re-re-learn that in KOTOR, Jedi were wearing the "traditional" robes that Alec is asking for that were seen in the movies, and happened to have their hoods down. KOTOR takes place, what, 300 years before this game lore-wise?

In addition, there are literally NO Jedi robes that look like what's in the movies, and only 1 with it's hood down. Would it be such a bad thing to put in an iconic appearance from the very source that made us all love SW to begin with?
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

WestXv
10.03.2013 , 02:03 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Excise View Post
Would love to see companions be more useful, but raising the affection cap higher would suck as, other than spending credits on gifts, there's no easy way to raise it anymore. The more recent missions have their affection gains few and far between.

Maybe have a daily area where each mission is handed out by one of your companions?
maybe just have your companions themselves hand out a dailie or 2 per planet if your on one with a weekly and the weekly is just to do a certain amount of the companion dailies. And all not only raise affection but hand out comp gifts too but the drawback is that you can only work on missions for one companion at a time.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

JLazarillo
10.03.2013 , 02:50 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
They're worthless. I would absolutely HATE to see even 5-minutes of developer time wasted on companions I never even see.
On my end, I actually pay attention to the story and characters. I'd love some more of it. But giant team content is boring and restrictive. I HATE to see even 5 minutes of developer time wasted on Operations that I never even see.

well
10.03.2013 , 04:41 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
On my end, I actually pay attention to the story and characters. I'd love some more of it. But giant team content is boring and restrictive. I HATE to see even 5 minutes of developer time wasted on Operations that I never even see.
Nicely put..lol I think if some more effort was put into developing the companions storyline it would be a good thing.15k affection not no but hell no.I have all mine unlocked on first chrs to complete their class but have 22 chrs and I don't feel like adding to the 10k I have to get.Improving on the stories would be good though.

Iamrock
10.03.2013 , 06:19 PM | #35
Holy mother of no +1

VaioStreams
01.02.2014 , 09:30 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Wow. I must've caught all the anti-companion players today.

Seriously, though. SSSP -> Class Balance -> Companion update. Companions are a fun part of the game and a part that is important to me. A companion patch would be way more fun than that update (was it 2.1?) where everything was CM related.
I agree. I like to run alone so i spend a lot of time with my companions. i wouldn't mind a few updates to them