Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

zachass
10.01.2013 , 09:58 AM | #11
What we need are "future lore" items to shut everyone up. Things like "Darth Vader's voice modulator," "Boba Fett's protective codpiece," and "Mace Windu's throbbing purple lightsaber."
The Thelema Legacy on The Shadowlands

zachass
10.01.2013 , 10:44 AM | #12
On another side note. Bring back the ability to kill companions. Like Corso.

Alec_Fortescue
10.01.2013 , 11:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Relnex' gear. So you're halfway there.

Unless of course by "iconic" you mean what Jedi 100s of years in the future will wear.
/facepalm go learn some Star Wars lore pls
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Ottoattack
10.01.2013 , 11:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
I am assuming either the next update or the one after will be the SSSP, but I have an idea for a near-future patch; that is to give us a companion-centric update. Change max affection to 15000 (adding a new achievement to get to 15000), add several new conversations for every companion, put all companions' starting costumes (as moddable) either on the CM or a vendor, and add new customizations for each companion, and a customization vendor on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and the Fleets.

Thoughts?
Companions are cool, but they have enough content to keep cover the main story ground. There is no reason to waste resources on something that has no place in end game.

So no. I would prefer they do class balance in 2.5, EXCLUSIVELY.

well
10.01.2013 , 11:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Going to have to agree with TUX.

At first they were interesting ..... 2 years ago when I first saw them.

Then, after realising how shallow the companion stories were and they were nothing more than combat bots and used in the worst crafting system i've ever seen in an MMO ever ....... I have zero interest in more companion content and would rather developer time be spent else where.
I have you know Pongs crafting system was worse.Not by much though.Oh wait Pong wasn't a MMO.Never mind.

zachass
10.01.2013 , 11:38 AM | #16
In all fairness, Duck Hunt had a fairly lousy crafting system too.

mike_is_valid
10.01.2013 , 07:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Change max affection to 15000 (adding a new achievement to get to 15000)
Thats the "coolest" idea ever. I suggest the last 5000 affection points can only be achieved by giving the new grade 6 gifts which will be a ultra rare drop in a new cartel pack. yeah

Jrea
10.01.2013 , 08:01 PM | #18
idk about raising the affection cap another 5000 points, but I would like to see some more convos. Some of the companions did leave you hanging.

YoshiRaphElan
10.01.2013 , 08:20 PM | #19
Wow. I must've caught all the anti-companion players today.

Seriously, though. SSSP -> Class Balance -> Companion update. Companions are a fun part of the game and a part that is important to me. A companion patch would be way more fun than that update (was it 2.1?) where everything was CM related.

Damask_Rose
10.01.2013 , 08:21 PM | #20
While I have no desire to have companions be the sole focus of a patch, I would love to see them get some attention. They've pretty much languished since launch

Lots more customizations.
Emotes like the companion dance. (and loop the companion dance like other dance emotes loop!)
New comments - some that are specific to affection and married state.
More cut-scenes, even if they are just repeatable fluff and don't have an arc.
More letters. (that really, really shouldn't be hard or time consuming to do!)
Up-grade class companions to be on par with HK and Treek.
Idle animations on the ships. (and remove the torso twist when you have them summoned.)