Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compensation for RotHC

Blu_Haze
10.09.2013 , 01:01 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
He tried telling me it is like going to a store and buying some clothes but the next day finding the clothes are on sale.
It's exactly the same thing.

I told him this is not the same thing because RotHC is now free and totally devalued.
This is irrelevant.

Whether they lower the price 5% or 100% it's still lowering the price. It's their product and they can charge however much they want for it. It's called a free market.

If the product was good enough for you to be willing to pay the price you did for it, then it shouldn't matter what they charge the next guy 6 months from now.

I also told him in most cases where I have experienced next day sales I have negotiated with the store and gotten a discount for my next item bought.
Most stores no longer offer any price protection for exactly this reason. They can charge whatever they want for their products, and you aren't entitled to be given a refund or other concessions just because they decide to change the price of their products.

He was either unwilling or unable to understand and refused to compensate me. In fact the jerk had the gall to send an email to me saying he hopes he was "helpful" and that I was "satisfied" with his service.
Those are automated e-mails which are sent out after every customer contact. The CSR had absolutely nothing to do with you receiving that survey.

...Such arrogance and passive aggression, I wanted reach through my computer and throttle the little brat.
I would highly suggest you invest in some anger management classes for that temper of yours before you end up in prison. Quite frankly I'm a bit shocked that you apparently work with children on a daily basis considering how poorly you conduct yourself on these forums.

It is obvious to me now that BW does not give a rats arse about its customers. It is also obvious to me that they only care about money. It is sad because I remember what the company used to be like (I visited their original office above Chapters on Whyte Ave in Edmonton) And what they are now is a poor specter of that.
The only thing obvious here is that you're clearly unhappy with the game and even a bit jaded by this point. You complain about the game itself, you complain about the customer service, you even complain about the entire company in general.

I have to wonder then why are you even still here? Is your time not valuable to you? If so then why not spend that time doing something you genuinely enjoy on every level rather than hang around here wallowing in self pity thinking that maybe some day things will change?

Anyways, I fired off a complaint about Chris but I doubt it will be heard just like any of our complaints on these forums. So I encourage you all to speak to these jerks in a way they can hear you, through your wallet.
Filing a complaint about a CSR who did nothing wrong and had absolutely no authority to give you any compensation even if he wanted to is nothing short of childish and only serves to waste everyone's time.

Marrius
10.10.2013 , 05:24 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Blu_Haze View Post
It's exactly the same thing.

This is irrelevant.

Whether they lower the price 5% or 100% it's still lowering the price. It's their product and they can charge however much they want for it. It's called a free market.

If the product was good enough for you to be willing to pay the price you did for it, then it shouldn't matter what they charge the next guy 6 months from now.

Most stores no longer offer any price protection for exactly this reason. They can charge whatever they want for their products, and you aren't entitled to be given a refund or other concessions just because they decide to change the price of their products.

Those are automated e-mails which are sent out after every customer contact. The CSR had absolutely nothing to do with you receiving that survey.

I would highly suggest you invest in some anger management classes for that temper of yours before you end up in prison. Quite frankly I'm a bit shocked that you apparently work with children on a daily basis considering how poorly you conduct yourself on these forums.

The only thing obvious here is that you're clearly unhappy with the game and even a bit jaded by this point. You complain about the game itself, you complain about the customer service, you even complain about the entire company in general.

I have to wonder then why are you even still here? Is your time not valuable to you? If so then why not spend that time doing something you genuinely enjoy on every level rather than hang around here wallowing in self pity thinking that maybe some day things will change?

Filing a complaint about a CSR who did nothing wrong and had absolutely no authority to give you any compensation even if he wanted to is nothing short of childish and only serves to waste everyone's time.
Who the hell are you to judge me? You accuse me of being an angry person because I blow off steam in a forum. Does that mean you are a judgmental, egotistical prat outside of the forums too?

The next time you decide to condemn another person and paint them with broad strokes, try pointing that high-powered accusational finger of yours at your own shortcomings first because I guarantee you are not so perfect.

As for me, I'm going to go kick a kitten.... does that make me a bad person?

Slightrider
10.10.2013 , 12:31 PM | #33
people will whine and complain about anything.

you paid for early access and you got it. shut up already
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

PhilD
10.10.2013 , 12:53 PM | #34
The next time you decide to condemn another person and paint them with broad strokes
You mean like blaming a customer service representative for things they have neither the power nor the authority to affect?
The Finglonger Legacy

Blu_Haze
10.11.2013 , 04:07 AM | #35
Who the hell are you to judge me? You accuse me of being an angry person because I blow off steam in a forum. Does that mean you are a judgmental, egotistical prat outside of the forums too?

The next time you decide to condemn another person and paint them with broad strokes, try pointing that high-powered accusational finger of yours at your own shortcomings first because I guarantee you are not so perfect.

As for me, I'm going to go kick a kitten.... does that make me a bad person?
I don't need to accuse you of being an angry person, because that much is blindingly obvious with every post you make.

Here's a tip, don't post on a public forum if you aren't emotionally capable of handling other people replying to you with their own opinions. I'd suggest screaming into a pillow the next time you need to blow off steam, because that seems like more your speed.

Quote: Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
You mean like blaming a customer service representative for things they have neither the power nor the authority to affect?
Boom. Head shot.

hallucigenocide
10.11.2013 , 05:28 AM | #36
yes please give my money back it took years to earn that money...

man people today are so greedy..

TprSkippy
10.11.2013 , 05:35 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
You got to use it for 6 months before the people who didn't buy it, that is your compensation.
THIS ^^^^, no other compensation is needed!

TprSkippy
10.11.2013 , 05:47 AM | #38
So whom of you bought RotHC? I am guessing the majority of you who did not buy it are the ones saying "The reward is in playing it early'. Which (as far as RotHC) puts you in the same boat as non-subs and you have no place posting on this thread.

If I and those that bought it feel cheated, who the hell are you to tell us we shouldn't feel cheated? If you pay my subscription maybe then you can dictate to me how to feel about this. Till then take a long walk off a short dock with a big rock.

And for those of you who just want to play devils advocate for the sake of trolling, you can take that long walk too.

I bought RotHC 1 month before it went free. BioWare knew they were going to make it free at that point so they knowingly mislead me. If one of you think otherwise, I will send you my pay pal account number and you can compensate my purchase. Otherwise shut it.
I bought the RotHC, pre-ordered it, got some very handy gifts with it too..... .

Wasn't that much money at all, approx the same cost as 2 coffees....

Slightrider
10.11.2013 , 07:32 AM | #39
I have 2 paid accounts since the very beginning. Also paid for ROTHC. I do not feel cheated. I got what I paid for and at a very reasonable cost. Whining about $10 is sad. Get a job or ask mommy for a raise in your allowance. If you have such an issue with spending $10 maybe this hobby isn't for you.
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

Fazaani
10.17.2013 , 08:07 AM | #40
I'm atleast not telling anybody what they should feel about anything!
(on the otherhand I ofc can tell what i feel about anyone feeling something )

Sorry if ppl are sad and very sorry if you feel that you have been "cheated" 10... Still i hope that there is a lesson to be learned here (and in many ways) There is allways a risk, It's the way the world works, it's the way that world is fair/unfair, line has to be drawn somewhere, and you don't ofc tell it to anyone before...(wth are u thinking) ppl whines about everything, and everyone is/gets trolled.

I bought a tv awhile ago a month later it was 100 cheaper ... darn... bummer even...
(I know some say that it aint the same and talk some **** about free vs discount but i think that's just ********. )

Can't believe that in this economical situation in the world and ppl don't have a clue that some "suprises" might emerge anywhere.

(and ofc i exlude those who don't use their own money but someone pays their games...)
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008