Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compensation for RotHC

StarMagus
10.04.2013 , 06:40 AM | #21
Early access as a reward for buying something first has been part of SWTOR since the start when the date of your pre-order determined when your early access was granted.

Also rolling content down to players as it gets old is pretty much the standard for FTP MMOs.

a-madman
10.04.2013 , 07:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
You got to use to use it for 6 months before the people who didn't buy it, that is your compensation.
Too true!!!!!!
LVL 55 Vanguard x 2 LVL 55 Commando LVL 55 Sage LVL 55 Shadow LVL 55 Sentinel LVL 55 Guardian LVL55 Scoundrel LVL 55 Powertech LVL 55 Sniper LVL 55 Assassin And some other toons that get forgotten about

leijae
10.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by barsh View Post
I'm sure im not the only one who thinks it would be nice to receive some kind of compensation for buying the Rise of the Hutt Cartel, especially since its now free with subscription. I know there was talk of this but no one I know has gotten it and all we get is a title. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't realy care much about titles. if enough people sign or post on this maybe we can draw attention to it and have :something done
Ok really? You couldn't wait to throw your money at EA/BW, now you're pissed cause they took it? Welcome to the free market boys and girls.

@Marrius: you seem angry. also, there is this feature called Cartel Market. Do you have ANY idea how much some f2pers sink into that thing? 3 f2pers pay more per month than your puny sub. so, while you stew away in your bedroom feeling sorry for yourself threatening to unsub, i gurandamntee you that EA will say "please don't go" but thinking "who gives a crap, we're freaking rich son"
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

Marrius
10.05.2013 , 06:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Haake View Post
Yeah, of course, you would not have bought it and instead waited below top level for a few months while everyone is progressing further and enjoying the new content...
Get lost.
1) try and make sense when talking to the big boys.
2) after you

Marrius
10.05.2013 , 06:14 AM | #25
So whom of you bought RotHC? I am guessing the majority of you who did not buy it are the ones saying "The reward is in playing it early'. Which (as far as RotHC) puts you in the same boat as non-subs and you have no place posting on this thread.

If I and those that bought it feel cheated, who the hell are you to tell us we shouldn't feel cheated? If you pay my subscription maybe then you can dictate to me how to feel about this. Till then take a long walk off a short dock with a big rock.

And for those of you who just want to play devils advocate for the sake of trolling, you can take that long walk too.

I bought RotHC 1 month before it went free. BioWare knew they were going to make it free at that point so they knowingly mislead me. If one of you think otherwise, I will send you my pay pal account number and you can compensate my purchase. Otherwise shut it.

Helig
10.05.2013 , 07:16 AM | #26
I preordered it, and I'm perfectly happy (the "Risen" title's only purpose is to clog my character's mailboxes and title boxes, though).

But I can get behind the complaints of people who bought it, like 1 month before it went free. I think BW owes them anywhere around 500 cartel coins.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Dallayna
10.06.2013 , 11:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
So whom of you bought RotHC? I am guessing the majority of you who did not buy it are the ones saying "The reward is in playing it early'. Which (as far as RotHC) puts you in the same boat as non-subs and you have no place posting on this thread.

If I and those that bought it feel cheated, who the hell are you to tell us we shouldn't feel cheated? If you pay my subscription maybe then you can dictate to me how to feel about this. Till then take a long walk off a short dock with a big rock.

And for those of you who just want to play devils advocate for the sake of trolling, you can take that long walk too.

I bought RotHC 1 month before it went free. BioWare knew they were going to make it free at that point so they knowingly mislead me. If one of you think otherwise, I will send you my pay pal account number and you can compensate my purchase. Otherwise shut it.
Actually, 1) I did buy it. 2) If you regard my post, I specifically declared that I believe that you have every right to feeling as you do and I am not then, nor now, going to insult that.

That being said, I also pointed out that this is a part of how MMOs work. Whether you know it or not, the truth is that it is not uncommon for players to subscribe to their favored MMO for years. One of the reasons for this is that MMOs make certain to constantly be putting out and extending access to new content because this keep the long-time players from getting bored enough to move on to something else.

Now, you feel gypped because this is your first experience with this aspect of the genera, I get that. I understand where you are coming from because my first experience with this on another MMO saw me and mine out $120 at the time. And, when it happened, we talked about it and weighed the pros and cons of continuing to play MMOs in light of this new knowledge that was pretty expensively gained tbh.

That being said, while we decided that it would make us think a little more carefully when it comes to expansions in the future, we also agreed that the pros outweighed the cons of being in an MMO for us. They may not for you and, only you can make that decision. I was merely trying to let you know that this behavior of MMOs releasing expansions for a price and then later on dropping that price to free is not going to change and is going to happen no matter what MMO you decide that you want to play if you decide that you want to continue playing one at all.

Your particular timing on getting in on this expansion and learning this lesson sucked. I get that and, I'm sorry about that but if this is indeed an issue that has made this game "unplayable" to you, then, honestly, and truly, MMOs just may not be something you are going to enjoy because, not only are these kinds of "drops" not something that most longtime MMO players get upset about- they are actually greeted as a slight bit of happy news because they almost always come just before the release of a substantial amount of completely new content- which is always considered good for longtime players sick to the teeth of the same-old same-old that they've done dozens upon dozens of times already.

So, to be blunt:

I'm sorry that you feel like you got taken and I hope that you decide that you like being in an MMO but, frankly, that's your call to make because this whole thing of expansions like RotHC going to free has been happening for years and is going to keep happening with any and all expansions you are ever going to see from any MMO.
I Defeat Enemies Endless! Add Another!

ZETA_SCORPII
10.07.2013 , 12:03 AM | #28
I always get a refund from McDonalds after I eat my burger.

leijae
10.08.2013 , 10:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
I always get a refund from McDonalds after I eat my burger.
This.
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

Marrius
10.08.2013 , 11:19 PM | #30
So yesterday I talked to Chris (a BioWare Level 2 CS rep.) about buying RotHC 1 month before it came out and how they knew this but never warned me. He tried telling me it is like going to a store and buying some clothes but the next day finding the clothes are on sale. I told him this is not the same thing because RotHC is now free and totally devalued. I also told him in most cases where I have experienced next day sales I have negotiated with the store and gotten a discount for my next item bought. He was either unwilling or unable to understand and refused to compensate me. In fact the jerk had the gall to send an email to me saying he hopes he was "helpful" and that I was "satisfied" with his service. ...Such arrogance and passive aggression, I wanted reach through my computer and throttle the little brat.

It is obvious to me now that BW does not give a rats arse about its customers. It is also obvious to me that they only care about money. It is sad because I remember what the company used to be like (I visited their original office above Chapters on Whyte Ave in Edmonton) And what they are now is a poor specter of that.

Anyways, I fired off a complaint about Chris but I doubt it will be heard just like any of our complaints on these forums. So I encourage you all to speak to these jerks in a way they can hear you, through your wallet.