Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compensation for RotHC

barsh
09.30.2013 , 05:25 PM | #1
I'm sure im not the only one who thinks it would be nice to receive some kind of compensation for buying the Rise of the Hutt Cartel, especially since its now free with subscription. I know there was talk of this but no one I know has gotten it and all we get is a title. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't realy care much about titles. if enough people sign or post on this maybe we can draw attention to it and have :something done

MaximusRex
09.30.2013 , 05:35 PM | #2
You got to use to use it for 6 months before the people who didn't buy it, that is your compensation.

nugbuster
09.30.2013 , 05:40 PM | #3
I agree with Barsh. That was some major BULL.

Nyxotic
10.01.2013 , 09:17 AM | #4
Actually, I agree with MaximusRex.

As with any product life cycle, over time price comes down or other incentives are added to extend the life. Early adopters get the benefit of using said product first, but at the cost of not saving money, etc., later.

A direct parallel example for this would be when I purchased Battlefield 3. I waited and waited and waited, and eventually got the entire bundle (game and ALL the expansions) for a very low cost compared to everyone who had purchased them when they first came out. The benefit for me was that I saved money; the benefit for the early adopters was that they were enjoying said game content long before I did.

Another benefit, if perhaps less concretely tangible, comes in the form of social cache/interaction within the game and the community. There is a certain satisfaction/status to experiencing content first/longer. Whether it comes from getting the newest gear before others or being able to help guide others through content new to them but familiar to yourself, there are real if but subjective social benefits to experiencing game content first and when it is new.

I was going to draw another analogy between subscription players and f2p players, but I am really, really too tired. Spent too much time last night cramming in gameplay before the patch. Heh.

Anyway, I am not against some sort of reward for having previously purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel (should NOT be read as 'compensation'; I am not 'owed' anything more than what I have already received) should EA/BioWare choose to offer it. However, I won't be terribly heartbroken or upset if that turns out not to be the case.
Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la.

Fazaani
10.01.2013 , 09:31 AM | #5
Yep i don't need any compensation... bough it right as the pre order came and have enjoyed playing it tenfold the price.
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

Alec_Fortescue
10.01.2013 , 10:16 AM | #6
Not a compensation but at least some appreciation even in form of extra coins, pets, crystals and whatever... But a junk title?
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

AlrikFassbauer
10.01.2013 , 10:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nugbuster View Post
I agree with Barsh. That was some major BULL.
Not COW ?

Personally, I think ... What about a special vendor ? Collector's Edition buyers have their own vendor as well ...
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

branmakmuffin
10.01.2013 , 01:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Not a compensation but at least some appreciation even in form of extra coins, pets, crystals and whatever... But a junk title?
No one's gonna make you use the title. As observed, if you bought it a while before it went free, you got your money's worth. I can understand people who bought it on August 12 feeling shafted, though.

Kironev
10.01.2013 , 03:37 PM | #9
You should have gotten 1050 cartel coins, at least that's what I received for having bought the expansion about a month before this change. Check your cartel coin ledger.
By judging others, you limit yourself.

Count_Haake
10.02.2013 , 06:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kironev View Post
You should have gotten 1050 cartel coins, at least that's what I received for having bought the expansion about a month before this change. Check your cartel coin ledger.
This applies only to people who bought RotHC a rather short time before it went free. People who preordered it or bought it a longer time ago did not receive any compensation.
And that's absolutely okay, for the reasons MaximusRex stated.

You don't request a compensation from your local clothes dealer when you bought a T-Shirt for 20$ and half a year later it's reduced to 5$, do you?