Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unintended Patch Download

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

09.30.2013 , 02:43 PM | #21
Strange, I read this and decided to log in - No patching. Was able to get into the game instantly. Is this related to the downloading post July? If so, it'd be because I downloaded in Feb.
no name baddie

<nerd on nerd violence>/<tryhards> harb/*******lands

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Get your act together. I did not download any new patches and the launcher immediately began downloading main asset 1.
Thank you so much.

And while we are at it, we are still waiting for patchnotes and the merc answers

and Shadow answers too!
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

As some of you have already noticed, we unintentionally released the patch data for Game Update 2.4 this afternoon at 2:46 pm CDT before its scheduled deployment.

If you have already begun patching or completed patching, we recommend that you do not run the Launcher until after tomorrow’s maintenance. If you do not run the Launcher until tomorrow, you will only have to patch Game Update 2.4.

If you do (or already have) run the Launcher again prior to tomorrow morning’s update, you will need to re-download the entire game client.

**Please do not attempt to log in or patch at this time.**

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Wow...I have never actually said this on the forum until now, but

Massive, unacceptable failure, whoever allowed this to happen.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #24
Stoopid is about the only thing I can say at this point.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
The Shadowlands

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #25
ID LIKE MY SIXTY DAYS WORTH OF MONEY BACK as it takes at least a week to download 20gigs around here. This is stupid and UNACCEPTABLE.

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #26
This is absolutely unacceptable.
Ja'xo - <Lethal Dose Fifty>

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #27
So, I wonder how many people that will need to install the entire client decides not to bother and quits. This is sad. I love this game, yet I see BW doing everything they can to kill it.

09.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #28
This had made me very angry. This is basic management of software deployment - lately you guys really seem to have been very careless.

You really need to buck your ideas up.
Bodyguard Mercenary
The Red Eclipse
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

09.30.2013 , 02:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
I started downloading part of it but cancelled when I saw this. Trying to see if I'm okay or not here. May as well get this download out of the way if I am not.
Yes, well according to what BW have said, if you started downloading the client again then you will need to finish downloading it...

(""If you do (or already have) run the Launcher again prior to tomorrow morning’s update, you will need to re-download the entire game client."")

But some clarity on whether that is true or not would be great, I have also started downloading the whole game client.

Do I need to let it continue to run or can i cancel it?

Please clarify for us,

09.30.2013 , 02:45 PM | #30
Lol, wut?

This really takes the cake, far surpassing L2P and H2F!!!