Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obroan gear priority

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Obroan gear priority

Wlbn
09.30.2013 , 02:35 PM | #1
Hello pvp community

As 2.4 is closer and closer I've been wondering what is the best way to gear up into the new tier of pvp gear.

Now im sitting on capped ranked comms and a lot of regulars, so just as the patch goes in ill jump into min/max conqueror, but what next? Since gearing in obroan will be much slower i was wondering if there's some general rule in priority of obtaining particular pieces. Would be best to straight away get mainhand weapon and spend almost all ranked comms, or leave it for the end and start with ears/imps/relics, or maybe try to get armor pieces from the beginning? Any ideas from more experienced players?:]

And i play that loved by everyone scoundrel healer if this matters in that case.

Sorry for any mistakes since my English can be bad sometimes, and thanks in advance for any answers.
cheers

cashogy_reborn
09.30.2013 , 02:53 PM | #2
In my experience, getting the Obroan Earpiece, Implants, and Relics would be first priority. They have no pre-reqs, and usually have the lowest cost.

From there, getting the Obroan Mainhand and Offhand (depending on class) is a good next step as it will give you a big boost to min/max damage.

Next, I would focus on getting the Obroan pieces that you *do not* have to min/max. ie, if you are min/maxing for Power and Surge, prioritize getting armor pieces that have default Power/Surge mods and enhancements. After youve acquired all the pieces thats you dont need to get min/max'd, get the remainder of your set, and you can min/max by buying the individual Mods and Enhancements
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

FrozenMist
09.30.2013 , 03:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
From there, getting the Obroan Mainhand and Offhand (depending on class) is a good next step as it will give you a big boost to min/max damage.
Unless they are changing the way bolster works, this is not the case. If they are not, the only boost you will get is from the extra stats (mainstat & endurance) since all weapons are bolstered to match the highest available PvE gear in terms of rating. This would make main/offhand weapon the most expensive parts with the least gain. Just saying ...
<Deal With IT> - Red Eclipse

cashogy_reborn
09.30.2013 , 04:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FrozenMist View Post
Unless they are changing the way bolster works, this is not the case. If they are not, the only boost you will get is from the extra stats (mainstat & endurance) since all weapons are bolstered to match the highest available PvE gear in terms of rating. This would make main/offhand weapon the most expensive parts with the least gain. Just saying ...
The only thing about PvP weapons that is bolsted is Tech/Force Power iirc

Which means that Min/Max damage of your weapon(s) is something you should upgrade.
The King of Bads

Brunner_Venda
09.30.2013 , 05:33 PM | #5
After the implants and relics, you do the main hand, offhand, and chest first because they cost the most and give the biggest return in extra stats.

From there you can get the low hanging fruit at a much faster pace.

Zoom_VI
09.30.2013 , 05:56 PM | #6
In my experience, getting the Obroan Earpiece, Implants, and Relics would be first priority. They have no pre-reqs, and usually have the lowest cost.
If I remember correctly the relics and maybe the implants/ears will require conquer prereqs. BW don't what us skipping any part of their grind now.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

cashogy_reborn
09.30.2013 , 09:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
After the implants and relics, you do the main hand, offhand, and chest first because they cost the most and give the biggest return in extra stats.

From there you can get the low hanging fruit at a much faster pace.
The bolded is incorrect. IIRC all PvP armor pieces now cost the same, and the Chest Piece has always given the exact same stat increase as any other main armor piece. They all have Armoring + Mod + Enhancement. That doesnt change based on what armor slot it goes into (except belt and bracer, no enhancement there)
The King of Bads

rlamela
09.30.2013 , 10:13 PM | #8
The bolded is incorrect. IIRC all PvP armor pieces now cost the same, and the Chest Piece has always given the exact same stat increase as any other main armor piece. They all have Armoring + Mod + Enhancement. That doesnt change based on what armor slot it goes into (except belt and bracer, no enhancement there)
wait what? they all cost the same now. what kind of stupid s**t is this. Just another useless change that no one asked for. which piece did they pick for the pricing.

FrogSkin
09.30.2013 , 10:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
If I remember correctly the relics and maybe the implants/ears will require conquer prereqs. BW don't what us skipping any part of their grind now.
Nope, no pre-req for Ear, Implants or relics.

Does solo ranked queue give ranked comms or normal comms?
Medicare - L55 Scoundrel, Tripflare - L55 Vanguard, Refactor - L55 Commando, FrogSkin - L55 Guardian, Hotchilli - L55 Shadow, Dropbear - L55 Sentinel, Bloodlust - L55 Operative,Drôpbear - L55 Juggernaut, Nullbyte - L55 Marauder,Fire-starter - L55 Powertech,

PhatMcMuffins
09.30.2013 , 10:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by FrogSkin View Post
Nope, no pre-req for Ear, Implants or relics.

Does solo ranked queue give ranked comms or normal comms?
There was a pre-req on the PTS so...
<Tihaaroholics>
Qarum - Deal-with'it - Dazkkum - Palpatíne - Eight-six