Athiss: End Boss, Prophet of Vodal

Okay this guy is seriously botched and I mean "seriously". While his HP is fine his damage output is just utterly rediculas.

We had a pretty nice group, Sith Juggernaut, Maurader (thats me), Mercinary and Sorceror for healing.

Now no matter how many times we did this (I was the lowest level at 19 with the highest at 22, we were all in that range) we could "not" down this guy.

Why?

A nasty effect called Crushing Affliction.

There was a clear cut tick from this that took an entire chunk of HP from me every time. And I mean "every" time, it entirley picked on me and happened 'way' to freequently for our healer to keep up.

This boss "needs" damage nerfing. The HP is fine, but the damage? Thats not even remotley fair.

It can kill you in 3 ticks of Crushing Affliction and if you dont have a botched healer, your screwed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fight is certain challenging, you need a healer with purge or someone who can interrupt that spell. Sith sorcs don't get a purge until 24, which is a bit high for that flashpoint. When I did it, we gave it 3 tries and finally got it at our 3rd try.

Healing challenging mostly due to the force management. I recommend passing out medpacks and such to help your healers out. I also took biochem so I have medpacks to heal myself up when I use consumption.

Here is a video of how we did it.

Here is a guide on this flashpoint

http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/category/swtor/flashpoints/

This boss "needs" damage nerfing. The HP is fine, but the damage? Thats not even remotley fair.

No he doesn't, it is a very challenging encounter but I found it refreshing compared to Black Talon. Top off the players that get hit by the dot or they die, everyone stays out of Fire and the rest is up to the dps/ healers force & energy pool.

Played it today. I was the lowest level of the group (19) and an Assassin, but with two Juggernauts and a healer it was fine. Best advice, AVOID THE FLAMES! They have a pretty decent range too, our healer was running from them and got too close and...well let's just say we had to repeat the mission.

Two-manned this at level 22 and two-shot the boss after finding out what the phoen... uh, light orbs did and didn't think much of it. Was a vigilance guardian/sawbones scoundrel + Corso Riggs (tanking) and Kira. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe the Scoundrel gets a cleanse early? Edited by goatfoam

My group managed it when I did it. We were all on level, it just took 2 wipes for everyone to figure out all the mechanics, then we nailed it without issue. The trick is to not let the healer lose energy early on, as the fight gets harder as it progresses.

Personally, it was one of the best bosses in the game so far(level 45 now). Difficult and challenging, but not impossible.

Was able to down him with 2 level 18s and 2 level 19s. We wiped probably 15 times but were eventually able to down him. It was extremely tough but with the correct healing (DO NOT overheal) you can do it. Also had everyon use medpacks early in the fight so the CD would be available later to take stress of me ( sorc) later on. And just burn him down as fast as possible. We also had quite a bit of badluck with me the healer getting the nasty DoT of his. Im glad it wasnt easy honestly. Usually you dont have bosses that early on that take thatmuch coordination and effort. Good Luck!

I'm an imperial agent healer, it's a perfect fight for me coz he doesn't do all that much damage to the tank so i use a few bars of energy healing people as it happens and keep a hot heal on the tank and im sweet between them im just using my free heal on whoever is a bit down on health, but we downed it first time without having watched videos or having any idea how to do it, I'm level 20, level 19 tank and a level 21 and 19 dps

actualy i was very disapointed by how easy that boss was, my group consisted of lvl21-24 players, an assasin tank, 2 powertechs and an operative, none of us was ever in danger of beeing killed.

Thats coz your waaay above the level of the flashpoint, levels in this game matter more than in say wow... In a level 18-21 group it's quite hard but it doesn't need changing it's quite doable... and i actually thought the last boss in hammer was harder...

I did Athiss at level 19 with a group of 18's-20's. We just got done with Hammer station and i said lets do athiss. We had no problems up until the last boss. We wiped three times before we could down him the fourth. We were underleveled and inexperienced in the fight, but once we had a few tries under our belts we finally got him down.

A sorc isnt ideal for this fight. It's a sustained fight so the quick regen energy bar is nice. A sorc will go oom from having to spam heals on the afflicted targets. Tank doesnt take much damage. So heals are spread between the people with the dot.

The fire mobs are basically a break time.

I'm saying all this hoping i'm remembering the right flashpoint lol

Hard fight, very doable though. Just gotta try a couple times and have a good healer.

Btw i was the OP medic in the group.

Here is a video of how we did it.

This.

If you are a Sith Sorcerer, this is how you use your Static Barrier to make your healing easier. Even if you are not healing speced as a Sith Sorcerer you should still use your Static Barrier ability, it will make your healer's job easier, and easy healing is happy healing and happy healers.

Edited by MythicalKnight

I healed this fight and it was quite easy. except for the crushing affliction he dealt very little damage. I got targeted the most with the crushing affliction and simply put some HoTs and pop'd a medpack and kited the flames. So I don't think it needs to be easier. Edited by Riusu

I think the diffculty of the fight depends on the type of healer. Sith sorcs do have a hard time with force management but as long you don't overheal people and use consumption whenever you can you should be able to make it.

I am not sure the other type of healers but healers with HoTs might be a bit easier.

Some of the responses make me think that there's a bugged version of this boss as every time I did it, (twice in beta and on live) it was a cakewalk. I did it all times at level 21 so I didn't have my "cleanse" and no one was interrupting it. The boss himself hits for practically nothing. I found Battlelord Kreshan more engaging.

I think people have a wrong idea of this instance, Athiss is made for lvl 21+

Not as some other person stated, that 21+ is overleveling the instance.

Anything below that level range I said, will make the fight definitely harder ofc in regards to:

1) Health

2) Abilities

It's doable at 19+ but you it's still an instance for 21+

Healed this as a lvl 22 Combat Medic (Trooper).

We had a 23 Vanguard tank. The damage he does is negligible. The DoT is his only powerful weapon, and you can heal through it. Not easily, but not hard either. Had a good tank though, experienced in stopping those spells. Only relevant point are the flames

It took some time to down him, but the Hammerstation endboss was a way harder fight.

No he doesn't, it is a very challenging encounter but I found it refreshing compared to Black Talon. Top off the players that get hit by the dot or they die, everyone stays out of Fire and the rest is up to the dps/ healers force & energy pool.

That exactly.

From a healer perspective it was taxing but if people stay out of the fire i can heal whoever gets periodic damage and the rest is standard healing.

Also as someone else said, even if you have a healer, medpacks are your friend.

Hey,

I killed him yesterday wit quite a good team. I was a Sorc dps @ 19, Jug tank @ 21, Sorc heal @ 20 and Merc @ 21. We failed on the first try but when we got the grasp of the fight mechanic it was pretty simple. You just need to heal the effects of his debuff ASAP if you can't purge it and stay away from the flames so healer may regenerate some force during this phase. whenever healer was strucked with the debuff me and merc focused on healing him so he kept his focus on the rest of us.

Second try was victorious.

Verry challenging fight at our levels - can't wait to get more of it :)