Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Athiss: End Boss, Prophet of Vodal

LordValkyran
12.21.2011 , 05:44 PM | #1
Okay this guy is seriously botched and I mean "seriously". While his HP is fine his damage output is just utterly rediculas.

We had a pretty nice group, Sith Juggernaut, Maurader (thats me), Mercinary and Sorceror for healing.

Now no matter how many times we did this (I was the lowest level at 19 with the highest at 22, we were all in that range) we could "not" down this guy.

Why?

A nasty effect called Crushing Affliction.

There was a clear cut tick from this that took an entire chunk of HP from me every time. And I mean "every" time, it entirley picked on me and happened 'way' to freequently for our healer to keep up.

This boss "needs" damage nerfing. The HP is fine, but the damage? Thats not even remotley fair.

It can kill you in 3 ticks of Crushing Affliction and if you dont have a botched healer, your screwed.
Roleplaying throughout the galaxy since 1989.

Iwipe
12.21.2011 , 05:48 PM | #2
This fight is certain challenging, you need a healer with purge or someone who can interrupt that spell. Sith sorcs don't get a purge until 24, which is a bit high for that flashpoint. When I did it, we gave it 3 tries and finally got it at our 3rd try.

Healing challenging mostly due to the force management. I recommend passing out medpacks and such to help your healers out. I also took biochem so I have medpacks to heal myself up when I use consumption.

Here is a video of how we did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5BkJ...32HqDDx7Y50RBb

Here is a guide on this flashpoint

http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/cate...r/flashpoints/

captortn
12.21.2011 , 05:54 PM | #3
If you're a Sith Sorceror (or Consular?) you can shield the person afflicted to mitigate almost all of the damage. Other than that, he hits like a wet noodle, so not much else needs your attention.

Riho
12.21.2011 , 06:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordValkyran View Post
This boss "needs" damage nerfing. The HP is fine, but the damage? Thats not even remotley fair.

No he doesn't, it is a very challenging encounter but I found it refreshing compared to Black Talon. Top off the players that get hit by the dot or they die, everyone stays out of Fire and the rest is up to the dps/ healers force & energy pool.

Lotius_Bane
12.21.2011 , 07:30 PM | #5
Played it today. I was the lowest level of the group (19) and an Assassin, but with two Juggernauts and a healer it was fine. Best advice, AVOID THE FLAMES! They have a pretty decent range too, our healer was running from them and got too close and...well let's just say we had to repeat the mission.

Draythion
12.21.2011 , 07:33 PM | #6
actualy i was very disapointed by how easy that boss was, my group consisted of lvl21-24 players, an assasin tank, 2 powertechs and an operative, none of us was ever in danger of beeing killed.

goatfoam
12.21.2011 , 07:36 PM | #7
Two-manned this at level 22 and two-shot the boss after finding out what the phoen... uh, light orbs did and didn't think much of it. Was a vigilance guardian/sawbones scoundrel + Corso Riggs (tanking) and Kira. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe the Scoundrel gets a cleanse early?

JediIorith
12.21.2011 , 07:38 PM | #8
My group managed it when I did it. We were all on level, it just took 2 wipes for everyone to figure out all the mechanics, then we nailed it without issue. The trick is to not let the healer lose energy early on, as the fight gets harder as it progresses.

Personally, it was one of the best bosses in the game so far(level 45 now). Difficult and challenging, but not impossible.

Crucz
12.21.2011 , 07:39 PM | #9
Was able to down him with 2 level 18s and 2 level 19s. We wiped probably 15 times but were eventually able to down him. It was extremely tough but with the correct healing (DO NOT overheal) you can do it. Also had everyon use medpacks early in the fight so the CD would be available later to take stress of me ( sorc) later on. And just burn him down as fast as possible. We also had quite a bit of badluck with me the healer getting the nasty DoT of his. Im glad it wasnt easy honestly. Usually you dont have bosses that early on that take thatmuch coordination and effort. Good Luck!

Rawrarig
12.21.2011 , 07:42 PM | #10
I'm an imperial agent healer, it's a perfect fight for me coz he doesn't do all that much damage to the tank so i use a few bars of energy healing people as it happens and keep a hot heal on the tank and im sweet between them im just using my free heal on whoever is a bit down on health, but we downed it first time without having watched videos or having any idea how to do it, I'm level 20, level 19 tank and a level 21 and 19 dps