Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Droid Playable race! Why the Hell Not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Droid Playable race! Why the Hell Not?

RevenStar
09.27.2013 , 09:18 AM | #1
Seriously i want a droid playable race there is a huge opening for it. those crazy minds at czerka,the force surrounds everything, the fact that cyborgs don't lose any ability to use the force even though most of them are robots now anyway, and droids like hk-47 and ig-88 being fully sentient well hk still followed orders but the fact that most of his owners died "mysteriously" means that he didn't like doing it. all these things allow for that alone but it is never stated in any lore that a droid couldn't learn or be built to use the force (only using the force argument to get it as a playable race i plan on making a BH droid like ig-88 if it were possible it would also make a scorpio romance possible :P) all i am saying is it would be awesome what do you guys think?

BradTheImpaler
09.27.2013 , 12:39 PM | #2
Cyborg.

/thread
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke

RevenStar
09.27.2013 , 06:16 PM | #3
not robotic enough and the cyborg race/series 512 gear is too human looking plus you don't get droid mannerisms with a cyborg i want something like hk vocalizations or scorpio vocalizations with the servo ticks in the neck stuff like that.

Kilikaa
09.27.2013 , 06:32 PM | #4
Droids would be boring. They are also NOT a species, they are just machines. Few people want to play a machine in Sar wars. Droids would not sell well in the CM, either.

RevenStar
09.27.2013 , 07:48 PM | #5
driods are some of the most loved characters in the sw universe and quite a few have awesome personalities look at hk-47 quite possibly the best character in kotor. So popular in fact that he was added to kotor 2 SWG and Swotor. i fail to see why it would not be a good playable race and yes the are a race just like ants or any other non self aware species

Kaedusz
09.27.2013 , 11:18 PM | #6
What class would a droid be? Bounty Hunter? Why would a droid want money or enjoy a challenge or thrill of the hunt?(HK-47 is special-build by rakatan technology,no ordinary droid)There is no change he would be an agent and a force user or a smuggler or a republic trooper.
dark side/light side system doesn't work for droids.Romance doesn't work too.Also playing it would be boring for RP and immersion.
Bad idea.There is no way the player character will be a droid in this game.

AlexDougherty
09.28.2013 , 03:32 AM | #7
Droids couldn't use the force, so no sith or jedi characters would be open for them, also legacy abilities (force choke, sticky grenade) require a connection to the force so they go out the window.

Basically a droid character would have no legacy and be restricted to trooper, smuggler, agent, and bounty hunter, I'll give that one a miss.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Doctoglethorpe
09.28.2013 , 05:47 PM | #8
The cyborg armor sets on the CM are Bioware's gift to the droid niche. Take it or leave it, theres never going to be a full droid "race" cause it wouldn't make any sense for the game's story lines. Hell, the full Grevious-extent cyborg is already really pushing it.

MoskitoMando
09.28.2013 , 08:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
What class would a droid be? Bounty Hunter? Why would a droid want money or enjoy a challenge or thrill of the hunt?(HK-47 is special-build by rakatan technology,no ordinary droid)There is no change he would be an agent and a force user or a smuggler or a republic trooper.
dark side/light side system doesn't work for droids.Romance doesn't work too.Also playing it would be boring for RP and immersion.
Bad idea.There is no way the player character will be a droid in this game.
True, but HK-51 was built by Czerka.
"Die, or defeat me. Either way, the Empire is reborn."

-Darth Malgus
Referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/L74Ydx

RevenStar
09.29.2013 , 04:42 AM | #10
there isn't anything in sw that strictly says droids could not use the force it is only implied as none of the sentient droids you it but as the force surrounds all things all they have to do is learn or be built to detect it and bam jedi/sith droids. you can't tell me that the empire wouldn't want to build force users that they never have to worry about turning on them. if there is a force detector (cannon look it up) like a geiger counter then there is a way for a droid to understand the force. all that is left is a way for them to manipulate it.