Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ST Loader Issue

Kaidensareno
09.25.2013 , 06:58 PM | #1
It's a shame I've had to do a round-a-bout backwards method of blocking the Bit Raider and deleting it just to get my wife's computer to let her play the game. Now we just wait for the ENTIRE game to load since EA and Bioware can't seem to fix their own loader issues.

Any word on when they actually do plan on making the game playable and patchable in a timely fashion?

Casivek
09.25.2013 , 07:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaidensareno View Post
It's a shame I've had to do a round-a-bout backwards method of blocking the Bit Raider and deleting it just to get my wife's computer to let her play the game. Now we just wait for the ENTIRE game to load since EA and Bioware can't seem to fix their own loader issues.

Any word on when they actually do plan on making the game playable and patchable in a timely fashion?
That word is never sadly given how this issue has been around for a long time, but only became a issue of people unsubscribing due to the fact the update should have been less than 100mb, and not cause the launcher to just reinstall the entire game, when lets not forget the patch was only meant for German and French speaking customers but it affected all versions of the launcher including the US-English while causing a bug that would make the launcher go through the slowest download to ever exist.

Kalolo
09.25.2013 , 07:16 PM | #3
" The update is currently in testing and will prevent future instances of the issue. Unfortunately it will not correct the problem for those who are currently affected. Those experiencing this issue will need to completely finish updating. "
So for those who are stuck downloading the update, we are screwed, and have to wait for the update to finish; i'm at 24hours+ patching, and i'm only at 81%. I re-subbed 1 week ago, BIOEAFAIL is still BIOEAFAIL.
Before Swtor launched i was
Then i tried the game and i was
I waited for fixes and i was and , sometimes going
Now i understand why people call you BIOFAIL and i'm

Casivek
09.25.2013 , 07:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalolo View Post
" The update is currently in testing and will prevent future instances of the issue. Unfortunately it will not correct the problem for those who are currently affected. Those experiencing this issue will need to completely finish updating. "
So for those who are stuck downloading the update, we are screwed, and have to wait for the update to finish; i'm at 24hours+ patching, and i'm only at 81%. I re-subbed 1 week ago, BIOEAFAIL is still BIOEAFAIL.
But you forget, when they say won't happen again they mean 1 to 2 updates then it will.

Kaidensareno
09.25.2013 , 07:21 PM | #5
It's simply ridiculous to have to download the entire game over again just to log in and play. Even more so is the fact that it is a small patch. It isn't even anything large.. *sigh*

Kalolo
09.25.2013 , 07:23 PM | #6
Let's see if i can ask paypal to refund my 2 months game time card. Hit BIOEAFAIL where it hurts (money,money)

Killrazer
09.25.2013 , 07:25 PM | #7
Sadly i cant even get the Launcher to run now that i uninstalled Bitraider, it just stays on initializing.
This is so damn frustratiing and everytime you launch fixlauncher.exe it just reinstalls Raider .
Having to reinstall the game cause if there ineptitude is rediculous esp now that it means i have had to change my net plan to compensate for the xtra downloads or face a massive bill due to exceeding my plan ( Aussie here with our ususal **** net plans )
Gotta say that when my Sub ends i will be cancelling again which sucks as i was finally excited again to play the game since beta and launch.
TY Biofail for another job well done

Kalolo
09.25.2013 , 07:54 PM | #8
Request sent to paypal for a refund on my 2 months game time card. Time will tell.